Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 09:48 PM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times

Advertisements

Right.
They love to create drama... To them, a bad publicity is better than no publicity
(Oscar Wilde's version, who put it like this: “There's only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” ...lol)

Police sources weigh in on Harry and Meghan's 'car chase' in NYC:

Police sources told ABC News two New York Police Department detectives were present at the Ziegfeld when Harry and Meghan emerged from the event and drove alongside the couple's private vehicle to get them home.

They are saying the episode did not involve the amount of paparazzi the spokesperson claimed, and that police interacted with the couple for no more than 20 minutes.

NOTE: the original claim was that the chase involved half a dozen cars, with reckless driving including going through red lights, driving on the pavement, carrying out blocking moves, and reversing down a one-way street - as well as taking photographs while driving.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/c...chase-99391446

Last edited by elnina; 05-17-2023 at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 09:56 PM

4,172 posts, read 2,567,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Perhaps the claims were exaggerated, but let's not forget that this is someone who lost his mother who was being chased by paparazzi. What may not have felt aggressive to the taxi driver might have felt aggressive to someone who has dealt with that trauma.
I agree. It was like a flashback, ptsd episode for him at least.

Old 05-18-2023, 12:07 AM

5,457 posts, read 8,174,868 times
Quote:
Perhaps the claims were exaggerated, but let's not forget that this is someone who lost his mother who was being chased by paparazzi. What may not have felt aggressive to the taxi driver might have felt aggressive to someone who has dealt with that trauma.
Who was his mother?

Old 05-18-2023, 01:34 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
They make a statement because the paps continue to be a dangerous cancer.

I don't know how to link it here, but I just saw a TikTok posted by Max Foster, who is a correspondent for CNN. He said he spoke with one of the security detail members, who used to be Secret Service, and he stated it was the worst thing he had ever been through. It wasn't a high speed chase because they were trying to be respectful of traffic laws and not put anyone in danger, but it went on for more than 2 hours. He said there was about a dozen vehicles (cars, motorcycles, etc) trying to get pictures, blocking H&M's vehicle at one point. The paps were running red lights, running up on sidewalks, putting pedestrians at risk.

They made a statement because that kind of s*** (as well as hacking and other invasions of privacy) has to stop.

Thanks for sharing more info. I don't doubt this is closer to the truth

Quote:

I agree, I think Harry has suffered about his mothers death. He is not eager to have history do a replay but with he and/or Meghan. I won't fault him for being freaked out.

Old 05-18-2023, 02:49 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
Pull up the cameras from that time frame in which he and megyn were traveling .... Get the lo down that way. I wouldn't trust a NYC cabbie .... for accuracy.

Old 05-18-2023, 06:37 AM

2,282 posts, read 1,582,253 times
Cab driver said nothing too odd or dangerous.
NYPD confirmed that.

Harry & Meghan just seeking attention by embellishing the truth.
Who wants to see them anyway?
They left royal England because Meghan is selfish, contentious and doesn't care about tradition.
There's really not much intriguing about them apart from Harry exiting the royal family.

Last edited by frankrj; 05-18-2023 at 07:10 AM..

Old 05-18-2023, 06:53 AM

1,933 posts, read 820,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And look at all of you talking about them rather than ignoring the story.
A lot like when driving down the Interstate and seeing an accident on the other side of the highway. Everyone looks.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:03 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
My thoughts, exactly! Harry may have some kind of PTSD-type of reaction to being overwhelmed by paparazzi while travelling in a car. This is not something to dismiss lightly, make fun of, or accuse him of exaggerating. He could benefit from a skilled trauma therapist, and that includes some of the issues he's had with his family, that he's written about.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Who was his mother?

Old 05-18-2023, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I do appreciate your kindness (sincerely), but really. Why do these people have to make a public statement, through their paid "spokesperson" about this?

There's nothing that galls me more than people who constantly brag that they're victims. Odd as that is, to brag that you're a victim.

Did they really have to come out publicly with this? If they HAD to, seems to me a better statement would be:

"We enjoyed ourselves in the Big Apple, and a heartfelt thank you to the NYPD for getting us through a little bit of chaos due to very persistent media. We are terribly honored for Meghan to be awarded (whatever it was she was awarded) and appreciate the city's hospitality".

See how much better that comes off?
A statement like that could only be made after Harry was able to calm down from the incident (if it did trigger a PTSD-type of reaction), pull himself together, process the incident, and get a healthy, grounded perspective over it. At that point, he could issue a diplomatic thank-you as you outlined.

But it could take him a couple of days to unwind from that scene, depending. I don't know the time frame of the sequence of events, but it sounds like his/their statement was made while he was still in a degree of panic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events