Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 02:20 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times

Advertisements

She went to a hospital bathroom had the baby put the baby in the trash. She been charged with 1st degree murder. Tragic situation all around.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/police...born-in-trash/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 09:49 AM

737 posts, read 409,699 times
sad. I hope she serves life in prison

Old 05-20-2023, 12:22 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
It looks like the mom knew the daughter was pregnant.

Old 05-20-2023, 01:40 PM

401 posts, read 275,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
It looks like the mom knew the daughter was pregnant.
How did they figure out the mother knew? I do think the mom's reaction was rather cold and odd. She kept referring to the baby as "it" not that poor baby, your child, my grandchild and then was concerned about her getting in "trouble" Really? Please don't tell me the girl "didn't know she was pregnant" storyline either. No one is that out of tune with their body except for women thinking if they don't accept they are pregnant, maybe the baby will go away..

Old 05-20-2023, 02:22 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
How did they figure out the mother knew? I do think the mom's reaction was rather cold and odd. She kept referring to the baby as "it" not that poor baby, your child, my grandchild and then was concerned about her getting in "trouble" Really? Please don't tell me the girl "didn't know she was pregnant" storyline either. No one is that out of tune with their body except for women thinking if they don't accept they are pregnant, maybe the baby will go away..
I just watched the first five minutes, but the mom's reaction was so strange.

Old 05-21-2023, 06:03 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:

I will not fault her mother for things she said when she just found out that her daughter delivered a baby, plus that daughter may have also killed the baby.

To me, her mother may have suspected she was pregnant, maybe she stopped asking mom to buy period products with her denying it. I'm not sure what I think about the girl knowing she was pregnant. I think had she planned to kill the baby, she wouldn't have gone to the ER when she was in labor.

My daughter was almost 8 months pregnant when we found out. My reaction probably was similar to her mother. My hub was going through horrible health issues, he would not be happy for sure. He reacted about how I thought he would. He barely spoke to me for months, he felt she should have given my grandson up for adoption.

What stings the most was I was taking her to the gyno for issues, we missed one appointment, that would have been the one where we found out, but we didn't find out for another almost 3 months.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:23 AM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
I read a follow up and the baby's death was ruled a homicide by asphyxiation. She was released and put on an ankle monitor as she awaits trial and finishes up the school year.

It sounds as though this 19 year old was/is still in HS. She's certainly made a horrible mess of her life.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:40 AM

401 posts, read 275,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I read a follow up and the baby's death was ruled a homicide by asphyxiation. She was released and put on an ankle monitor as she awaits trial and finishes up the school year.

It sounds as though this 19 year old was/is still in HS. She's certainly made a horrible mess of her life.
Her parents were concerned with her graduating so put up her bail. I really don't get why anyone should be concerned with a murderer graduating. But hey, that's me. She was in a HOSPITAL, all she had to do was say she just gave birth and sign away her rights. The whole story is unbelievable on so many levels.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:55 AM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Her parents were concerned with her graduating so put up her bail. I really don't get why anyone should be concerned with a murderer graduating. But hey, that's me. She was in a HOSPITAL, all she had to do was say she just gave birth and sign away her rights. The whole story is unbelievable on so many levels.
I can't imagine walking into a HS and attending classes after doing what she did.

Old 05-21-2023, 09:01 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

Thanks. I wondered how a full term baby would die so fast. She was only in the bathroom about 20 minutes according to a link I read.

I guess she started school late or stayed back at some point. Her mother did say she was still a student to the cops, I assumed college.

Quote:

I agree, she easily could have adopted out the baby if that's what she wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events