Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 10:03 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree, they look very normal, as does their adult son who is now housesitting.

In the follow up and court case, it will be interesting to see how this began and was sustained long enough for this child to be starving to death. Two of the 5 kids in the house went back to their Bio mom's house awhile ago, and the adult son apparently didn't have much contact with the home except to work in the same company where the mother worked.

Whose child IS this, and why was this one scapegoated? It seems likely this is the dad's child by yet another woman, and not the biochild of the mother in this home.
Sounds very plausible that it was the father’s child from a previous relationship?
Then it would explain the abuse by the woman in this family - can’t bring myself to call her “mother”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 10:28 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Probably used the abused child as an example to keep the others in line and their mouths shut. The other 4 may not have been physically abused and starved but they were psychologically tormented and terrorized via the abuse of their brother.

It wouldn't surprise me if their abusive parents had the other kids participate in the abuse of the "outcast" 10 year old boy.

Old 05-19-2023, 10:34 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
I have no words

Old 05-19-2023, 11:02 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Noodling around on facebook, it becomes kind of obvious how this might have slipped through observer's notice.

The dad's facebook page is still out there.

Most of these kids are adopted from the foster care system, this boy included. In the group family photo, all the kids are grinning ear to ear, and this one looks - totally believably - to have some kind of physical/cognitive disability. Looking at that photo and knowing the family history, abuse isn't obvious unless you saw it in their home.

They got him in May of 2020.

One other child appears to have a disability but looks healthy and is smiling.

Old 05-19-2023, 11:04 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Probably used the abused child as an example to keep the others in line and their mouths shut. The other 4 may not have been physically abused and starved but they were psychologically tormented and terrorized via the abuse of their brother.

It wouldn't surprise me if their abusive parents had the other kids participate in the abuse of the "outcast" 10 year old boy.
Wonder what one of the neighbors meant when interviewed - she said that she had some concern “for their children” - as for all children

Old 05-19-2023, 11:20 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Wonder what one of the neighbors meant when interviewed - she said that she had some concern “for their children” - as for all children
No telling. It could simply be that the other children's demeanor was not one of a typical happy go lucky kid.

Old 05-19-2023, 11:56 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
They abused just that one child out of five.
It's a thing. I just heard a Crime Junkie episode about a messing child case with a similar situation. The one daughter (missing and presumed dead) was mistreated and abused while the other kids were told their sister was a bad girl.

Old 05-19-2023, 01:37 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's a thing. I just heard a Crime Junkie episode about a messing child case with a similar situation. The one daughter (missing and presumed dead) was mistreated and abused while the other kids were told their sister was a bad girl.
It's almost worse than if they abused all the kids. Imagine the poor child all alone in the middle of that mess, no one to talk to, no one to care. At least the Turpin children have each other for love, support and understanding.

Old 05-19-2023, 01:42 PM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I have no words
I got a few but they would violate the TOS.

Old 05-19-2023, 03:36 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Noodling around on facebook, it becomes kind of obvious how this might have slipped through observer's notice.

The dad's facebook page is still out there.

Most of these kids are adopted from the foster care system, this boy included. In the group family photo, all the kids are grinning ear to ear, and this one looks - totally believably - to have some kind of physical/cognitive disability. Looking at that photo and knowing the family history, abuse isn't obvious unless you saw it in their home.

They got him in May of 2020.

One other child appears to have a disability but looks healthy and is smiling.
Yeah, but smiling for a photo doesn't mean they are happy. In America everyone smiles for a photo. It's expected, almost enforced and the "fake" happiness is measured by it.
They were told to smile, so they smiled.

Last edited by elnina; 05-20-2023 at 04:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events