Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 07:18 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,618,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How many cruise passengers, disembarking in the Bahamas for a day excursion, would you suspect have been sexually assaulted in an upscale resort on the Bahamas, or really any tropical paradise where Cruise ships dock? I would say VERY, very few.
I don't know. I do know that the notice I mentioned about crime in Nassau specifically mentioned three American tourists being sexually assaulted by jet-ski operators at Paradise Island. So yes, it does happen. How often it happens, I couldn't say. Apparently often enough that the State Department has raised the threat level for the Bahamas.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...s/Bahamas.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 07:20 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I don’t know how the nurse would know they were drugged, not drunk. Only a toxicology can determine that. She may be the world’s best nurse, but she doesn’t know what is in their bloodstream just by seeing them.

As for her verifying that the bruises were not there when they boarded the ship, come on. She was that close to them, checking out their legs? Instead of talking with her friends or family or playing on her phone or taking photos? I don’t check out other women’s legs. And the bruising wasn’t that vivid that it woukd grab her attention..

Agreed. Also, it's odd that the two women claimed they were raped on a secluded part of the beach, but the nurse claims that they were found unconscious in the bathroom of the resort? Just way too many discrepancies in their narrative. The nurse is also claiming that she is extremely traumatized by all this, and at the rate she's selling her story to the tabloids and the likes of News Nation, I think we can expect a civil suit from her as well.

For whatever it's worth, someone from the same town as the women has been posting on social media that they have made similar accusations in the past.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:42 PM

6,297 posts, read 4,194,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've been to Cancun. Never went to the bars. If you want a drink, you can get one with dinner at a regular restaurant. No one's going to hover over your dinner table while you're eating, to try to buy you drinks.
Except it was resort staff in uniform that spiked their drinks.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Except it was resort staff in uniform that spiked their drinks.
With cocaine (which their own lawyer said was found in the toxicology results)?

That doesn't happen. Cocaine isn't used to "spike drinks."

If the resort has the video footage they claim to have, these women don't have a case.

Old 02-14-2024, 08:15 PM

In their own words, these women tested positive for methamphetamine, cocaine, and "opiates." So now they're "spiking drinks" with meth as well as cocaine. Right.

Warning — this video is really cringe. I had to pause it several times.

These women are not credible IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=7030874527010568

Old 02-14-2024, 08:37 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,130,991 times
It does seem that there is another case of sexual assault in the Bahamas..this an 80 yo dementia patient.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/on...GKGKL7ZFL5SRQ/

Old 02-14-2024, 08:42 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,130,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They were passengers on a small boat with about a dozen people going to the beach excursion. It would be easy to notice.
https://images.app.goo.gl/bo5ShmECELDt4G3X7

I still think it would be highly unlikely anyone would notice such slight bruising.

Old 02-15-2024, 10:26 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Was the nurse a fellow cruise member? I didn't get that impression, but I could be wrong.
She was another passenger, she went on the excursion, too.

Old 02-15-2024, 10:29 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
How many cruise passengers, disembarking in the Bahamas for a day excursion, would you suspect have been sexually assaulted in an upscale resort on the Bahamas, or really any tropical paradise where Cruise ships dock? I would say VERY, very few.
I would imagine most young girls something like this happens to, never tell anyone.
What difference though does it make, how many incidents there have been?

Old 02-16-2024, 05:01 AM

1,216 posts, read 510,017 times
Nurse helping Americans in alleged Bahamas attack was ‘scared’ by what she saw: ‘Could’ve been my daughters’
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-hel...090001122.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events