Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 05:09 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,131,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Nurse helping Americans in alleged Bahamas attack was ‘scared’ by what she saw: ‘Could’ve been my daughters’
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-hel...090001122.html
It still doesn’t make sense. This article says they were found unconscious in the bathroom, but the nurse found them in the resort front office? And that they had texted family saying they were drugged and raped before passing out? I thought passing out would come in too suddenly to text before losing consciousness? And why text family who were far away? Why not get help right then and there? I also thought they had passed out while being raped on the beach, so dud they make it to the bathroom and then pass out again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2024, 07:57 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Yesterday I listened to Nancy Grace's podcast about this story. She was solidly in the women's corner. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...e/id1193068130

There's been so much apparent inconsistency in the reports I've heard that I had to wonder if she doesn't have more reliable information than we do because I haven't been able to form an opinion. That tape on the beach is so damning.

I was surprised at her complete support because she's not blindly beholden to Feminist policy and if she doubts generally she'll tear your story to pieces.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:01 PM

987 posts, read 1,017,187 times
I think their dubious story is falling apart.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-footage.html

Old 02-21-2024, 01:03 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
I think their dubious story is falling apart.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-footage.html
That's not any different than what they said. They posed with the staffers before the rape, why wouldn't they? Lots of tourists do things like that. They said they went to the beach to look for shells, and the rapists came down and told them they could show them a spot that had many more shells, so they went with them, and that's when the rape happened. They said this in the very beginning so I don't see how their story is contradicted here.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:18 PM

987 posts, read 1,017,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's not any different than what they said. They posed with the staffers before the rape, why wouldn't they? Lots of tourists do things like that. They said they went to the beach to look for shells, and the rapists came down and told them they could show them a spot that had many more shells, so they went with them, and that's when the rape happened. They said this in the very beginning so I don't see how their story is contradicted here.
Agreed re: the initial interaction. But I understood that they claimed to have woken up from a drug induced haze hours after the alleged rape, while the video camera footage shows that the woman held hands with the man, disappeared off camera for 40 minutes or so, and then was seen on camera again walking back with the other woman. No one gets drugged with enough potency to render them unconscious and 40 minutes later is walking on their own like that.

I want to be very clear in emphasizing that my instinct is to believe victims of sexual violence and to give them the initial benefit of the doubt in EVERY instance. But this story is incredibly fishy, particularly given that I have read that the same two women and have made similar (and false) claims in the past in other locations. I think at least one of them cheated on her spouse and decided afterwards to make up a story that would point blame at whomever they could - the man she slept with, the cruise line (which is ridiculous frankly), and the resort.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:35 PM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times
Quote:
Agreed re: the initial interaction. But I understood that they claimed to have woken up from a drug induced haze hours after the alleged rape, while the video camera footage shows that the woman held hands with the man, disappeared off camera for 40 minutes or so, and then was seen on camera again walking back with the other woman. No one gets drugged with enough potency to render them unconscious and 40 minutes later is walking on their own like that.

I want to be very clear in emphasizing that my instinct is to believe victims of sexual violence and to give them the initial benefit of the doubt in EVERY instance. But this story is incredibly fishy, particularly given that I have read that the same two women and have made similar (and false) claims in the past in other locations. I think at least one of them cheated on her spouse and decided afterwards to make up a story that would point blame at whomever they could - the man she slept with, the cruise line (which is ridiculous frankly), and the resort.
The men were arrested.
“other staff at the resort were able to identify the men accused of sexually assaulting the women through video surveillance.

The women took toxicology tests when they returned to the ship and reported the rapes, Gerson said

Toxicology results, he said, found little if no alcohol in his clients' systems, but the women tested positive for benzos and other drugs including cocaine.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...n/72524985007/

I am going to wait and see how this proceeds but err on the side of the accusers. I can certainly understand how events seem fishy given how discombobulated and disoriented a victim is with being drugged and they give a fuzzy disoriented account.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
So the resort staff put cocaine, methamphetimine, and fentanyl into their cocktails? By the women's own admission, they tested positive for all of these substances. I posted the link a page or two back.

No matter how "discombobulated" these two were, the video tells a different story.

Quote:

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-21-2024 at 01:48 PM..

Old 02-21-2024, 01:47 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So the resort staff put cocaine, methamphetimine, and fentanyl into their cocktails? By the women's own admission, they tested positive for all of these substances.
Yes. Geraldo Rivera called it a “Roofie” not sure if that’s the correct spelling, date rape drug cocktail. He said no woman should take a drink at a resort like this unless it’s handed to her directly from the bartender.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So the resort staff put cocaine, methamphetimine, and fentanyl into their cocktails? By the women's own admission, they tested positive for all of these substances.
“The women took toxicology tests when they returned to the ship and reported the rapes, Gerson said”

First thing a doctor is going to do is use a toxicology kit when such accusations are made.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes. Geraldo Rivera called it a “Roofie” not sure if that’s the correct spelling, date rape drug cocktail. He said no woman should take a drink at a resort like this unless it’s handed to her directly from the bartender.
they were given the drinks by resort staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events