Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 01:54 PM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
they were given the drinks by resort staff.
He said women should take drinks only from the bartender, not other staff. Because if the bartender is making it and handing it to you you can see what went into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 01:59 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
“The women took toxicology tests when they returned to the ship and reported the rapes, Gerson said”

First thing a doctor is going to do is use a toxicology kit when such accusations are made.
Not sure what your point is. I didn't claim otherwise.

Again, by the women's own admission, the toxology test showed cocaine, methamphetamine, fentanyl, and benzos.

It doesn't add up that resort staff loaded up their cocktails with these particular substances.

If Rohypnol had been added to the cocktails, it's doubtful they would have been walking around 40 minutes later.

The article says that the drinks at this resort are mixed in front of the customers.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes. Geraldo Rivera called it a “Roofie” not sure if that’s the correct spelling, date rape drug cocktail. He said no woman should take a drink at a resort like this unless it’s handed to her directly from the bartender.
"Roofie" is slang for Rohypnol, not for some combination of meth, cocaine, fentanyl, and "benzos." You can read more about Rohypnol here:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/rohyp...e-drug-3520408

It seems very unlikely these women would have been up and around 40 mintues after they walked into the woods with staff members if they'd been slipped Rohypnol.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-21-2024 at 02:17 PM..

Old 02-21-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
"Roofie" is slang for Rohypnol, not for some combination of meth, cocaine, fentanyl, and "benzos." You can read more about Rohypnol here:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/rohyp...e-drug-3520408

It seems very unlikely these women would have been up and around 40 mintues after they walked into the woods with staff members if they'd been slipped Rohypnol.
So what is it that you believe? That these two girls fingered two totally innocent men and had them arrested in a third world country, for what??? 99.99% of people would not send totally innocent men to jail just to be able to start a Go Fund Me. Let alone the hell they are going through now due to the publicity.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-21-2024 at 02:24 PM..

Old 02-21-2024, 02:18 PM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times
Quote:
He said women should take drinks only from the bartender, not other staff. Because if the bartender is making it and handing it to you you can see what went into it.
Where does it say the resort staff were not working serving drinks ?

Old 02-21-2024, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Not sure what your point is. I didn't claim otherwise.

Again, by the women's own admission, the toxology test showed cocaine, methamphetamine, fentanyl, and benzos.

It doesn't add up that resort staff loaded up their cocktails with these particular substances.

If Rohypnol had been added to the cocktails, it's doubtful they would have been walking around 40 minutes later.

The article says that the drinks at this resort are mixed in front of the customers.
Why does it not line up, maybe they didn’t have access to “roofie”. Since I’m not locked into this I’m going to trust that authorities who arrested the men will soon share their findings.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Where does it say the resort staff were not working serving drinks ?
I’m not sure what you mean. What I’m saying that Geraldo said is women should not take a drink that isn’t handed to them directly from the bartender who made it. That includes not taking one from wait staff on the beach or lounge areas, etc.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
So what is it that you believe? That these two girls fingered two totally innocent men and had them arrested in a third world country, for what??? 99.99% of people would not send totally innocent men to jail just to be able to start a Go Fund Me.

What I believe is that the burden of proof is on the accuser and that these girls haven't been able to establish that. Quite the opposite; plenty of video evidence is telling a quite story different from what they're claiming.

I don't think the Go-Fund-Me that one of their mothers immediately set up for them was their end game, no. Not sure where you got that from.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-21-2024 at 03:34 PM..

Old 02-21-2024, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I’m not sure what you mean. What I’m saying that Geraldo said is women should not take a drink that isn’t handed to them directly from the bartender who made it.
Why would anyone suspect uniformed resort staff in a busy area in the afternoon would be suspect. Late at night , in a club or bar I’d get the absolute need for caution but not a busy resort in an afternoon.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:30 PM

Quote:
What I believe is that the burden of proof is on the accuser and that these girls haven't been able to establish that. Quite the opposite; plenty of video evidence is telling a quite story different from what they're claiming.

I don't think the Go-Fund-Me that one of their mothers immediately set up for them was their end game, no.
Goodness everybody sets up go fund me nowadays, that alone doesn’t mean it was a set up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events