Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies
Happy Monday

Yay we finally had some rain yesterday and last night I will have happy sod

Hubby's friend since grade school that moved back from TX last year Dad passed away so today is the service
I never met the Dad but know the friend so I will be going with hubby

The service is at 11 and burial at 2 the cemetery is about 40 mins from the church so I think they are probably having a full service. Do they have 2 hour services ? Thats the only reason I can think it would be 3 hours from when the service begins till the burial.

later today I will be getting on the treadmill and also want to finish putting the Jade in the new planter. I lined it with plastic and put peanuts in the bottom 3rd
38" of dirt will make it very hard to move even if it has wheels

So whats on your list today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 AM

Here are a couple pictures of the new planter

Part of the Jade next to the planter is going in there

Old 07-12-2010, 06:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

Dang Karla, how old is that jade? I have never seen one that looks that much like it wants to be a tree.

Well it is official, Tippy Toes has joined our family! Buzz would like to be her friend, but she is not real sure about that. Mickey wants nothing to do with her. We are not leaving Shadow alone with her for now, I am not sure I trust the look on her face. This morning TT was playing with Shadow's tail. So cute!

Here are some pics. I love the 1st one because you can see the white tips on her toes.

Shadow & I have been for a walk this morning. It is steamy out there!

Now I better go get ready for work.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Good morning, all.

Karla...nice planter. Sorry about your friend's father. Not sure why there's a 3 hour gap in there.

Welcome to the family, little Tippy Toes. Love the photos. The 2nd from the bottom looks like Devil Cat.

We're headed to the Massena Mall this a.m. Mom needs a new bathing suit (laurie has a pool). I can't explain to her that now is back to school time and that we'll be lucky to find one. Well, there are a few out there but they're either size 4 or size 26 - nothing in between. At least they're on the sales rack!

Laurie took today off, and her hubby and older son are in Albany for a hearing today, so we have her all to ourselves, which is great.

Best get rolling. Have a great day, everyone.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Have fun Pattie!
Wow, Kwak I love your plants.......not sure if I have ever seen a pic of your indoor plants. Hubby did a good job on the planter, it looks great. I did not understand about the peanuts in the planter tho.......
Evey I am so happy for you, baby TT looks like a doll! Is she running around acting silly?
Looks like rain and humidity for us today, cloudy and hot and humid. That will make exercising pretty hard tonight.
Have a good day.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 AM

Yay Evey I am so glad your keeping T.T !! She is so cute I love the little white dot on her chest
The "mama" Jade is 18 years old and there is another one the same size or even a little bigger in a bigger pot. They all came from a 1 1/2" cutting my friend gave me when I moved here.

There are baby Jades from the Mama all over the country and even in Sweden
I have to reduce the inventory they are over taking the screenroom
So hubby built the planter so I can put one of the main trunks in there.
I am going to find homes for the rest.

If any of you ladies would like a cutting let me know I can probably mail cuttings up to 20" in the USPS long box or even lots of smaller cuttings

Evey if you feel like a 2 hour road trip I will send you home with a 3 to 4' plant
Pattie I will send a big part home with you when you come visit it would do great in your sunroom

I can't remember the last time I went bathing suit shopping last time I was at the mall they were all on sale

Sandy the funny thing is I only have 1 plant in the house well 2 ifyou count the orchid

The reason for using packing peanuts is it fills part of the planter so you use less dirt. Because the planter is so big it would weigh to much if it was all dirt. Jades aren't real fast growers so even with 1/3 peanuts there will be plenty of dirt for the roots plus they kinda like being root bound

I am still trying to figure the time frame for the funeral I am figuring 1 hour for the service 1 hour drive that leaves 1 hour it is too far from our house to go home Maybe they are having the "reception" after the service instead of the burial and thats the extra hour
I told C/D last night I will not be available and am turning the cell phone off from 11 to 3 lol

I have been trying to figure out the TX trip I don't think there is anyway I can do it in one day there is no early morning non stop flights from here to there the earliest I can get in is 1 pm so looks like it will be a 2 day adventure
shhh this means hubby will have to go over to let my buddy out for 2 days instead of the one lol hes gonna love that
ok time to go jump in the shower I figure I need to do the look like a girl thing

Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,092,767 times
Good morning everyone. Kwak, love your plants.

Today is a drudge day for me. But, at least I'm getting my exercise in. 20 minutes on the stairmaster, 20 on the treadmill, and I walked to the gym.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Shopping trip was a success. Mom found not one bathing suit but two! Cool. And $20 each at TJ Maxx. We just got back; I even managed to talk them into a stop at DQ.

Great, Karla. Please do save me a pc. of your jade. I wondered if your hubster made that planter. Tell him I said nice job.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
I wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit! But I do wear a top and small shorts if I decide to lay out for a while.

Today I did a short lower body workout, had me sweating pretty good--but it was also really warm in here.

I would love to see a picture of the plant in the planter! Your hubby is really talented!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:38 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Nice planter and yay to the new addition Tippy Toes.

I haven't been in much of a talkative mood the past few days or writing mood.

A friend of mine called today and wants to take me to get a massage tomorrow and I'm taking her up on it. She asked me a couple of months ago when I would be able to get one and I told her a couple of months (after the surgery) and she asked me to go a few weeks ago and I was dragging so I couldn't do it at the time but I figure tomorrow will be a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals