Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I am ready !!! Went and bought some new shorts yesterday so I won't embarrass myself I do so love my raggy shorts I walk in but I figured since I will be out in public not to mention I am sure my sister will say "You did not go to the new gym in those"
Next on the list is new sneakers I have about 600 miles on the pair I have now and just found out you should be replacing them every 3 months if they get a lot of use. So Lou and I will be venturing to the mall I think on Wed. The search for someone who knows the best shoe for someone with flat feet and skinny heels.

ok time to get dressed for my walk them come home and change into the nice gym clothes and go experience "intro to cycling" The membership lady told me that the cycling classes can burn between 800 & 1000 calories
I just know there has to be some pain after those lol not to mention I bet theres lots of sweating going on

who will be next to check in

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 04:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Hey everyone!

Have a wonderful first day at the gym, Karla. I have a feeling you are going to love it!

Well, our truck finally made it to the States. Hubster went to pick it up, so I am going to have a fun day with just my son. Think I'll take him to go paint a pot or plate. Lots of mess and lots of fun!

Heading out with my Cypres soon for a nice walk in the cool air. We're supposed to cool down a little this week in the Mid West ... yeah!

Have a great Tuesday all.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,555 times
Good morning...I am headed to the gym in about an hour..
Karla, I agree with tet tea, you are going to love the gym!!
When you buy your new workout shoe, save them only for the gym..they last longer. Tet tea I see you have moved? Good luck with everything!
Have a great day everyone!!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Thanks for the luck, Millieb. Yup, been here just over a month. Still in transit so to speak.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:15 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Went walking... karla, these Adidas I got are great. I have a flat foot and skinny heels! Adidas Falcon W.... but they are not a wide shoe.

Ok, back to the walking. Very hot outside, lots of sweat and bugs. Makes me think...BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!!! LOL

My mood is a little better today, but things are still rummaging thru there, eating me alive.

2.045 miles..... 1/4 of that was running.... felt so good to do that. Just to get thing out of my system.

4,628 steps.....

I wore this pedometer to work yesterday and it said that i took over 12k steps.... hmm.

Squeeze some thoughts and prayers in for me please will ya? thanks!

Robyn

Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Consider yourself squeezed, Robyn.

Karla, let us know how the gym goes. It's my last week at mine and your first week. Isn't it funny how life goes in circles?

Walked the hubby for 20 minutes, did the gym thing for 30.

I have a confession to make. I was really, REALLY bad yesterday. I started out good. Breakfast was a whole grain english muffin w/peanut butter. Then they brought in my going- away cake. Had to have a piece. Was supposed to meet hubby for lunch, but the heavens opened up, so I stayed here and got what I thought was a cheeseburger from the vending machine - turned out to be a chili cheeseburger. Then, of course, the cake was sitting right in front of me, so I had to have another piece. Went home after work. Neither hubby nor I wanted dinner. A little later on, I got hungry, so I ate a slice of leftover pizza and drank not one but three (count 'em - three) beers! :-0

Can you all forgive me, please???

BIg whoop!!! I just saw that I have my gold bar!! I have to go see who put me over 100 reps! Thanks, everybody!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:00 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Consider yourself squeezed, Robyn.

Karla, let us know how the gym goes. It's my last week at mine and your first week. Isn't it funny how life goes in circles?

Walked the hubby for 20 minutes, did the gym thing for 30.

I have a confession to make. I was really, REALLY bad yesterday. I started out good. Breakfast was a whole grain english muffin w/peanut butter. Then they brought in my going- away cake. Had to have a piece. Was supposed to meet hubby for lunch, but the heavens opened up, so I stayed here and got what I thought was a cheeseburger from the vending machine - turned out to be a chili cheeseburger. Then, of course, the cake was sitting right in front of me, so I had to have another piece. Went home after work. Neither hubby nor I wanted dinner. A little later on, I got hungry, so I ate a slice of leftover pizza and drank not one but three (count 'em - three) beers! :-0

Can you all forgive me, please???

BIg whoop!!! I just saw that I have my gold bar!! I have to go see who put me over 100 reps! Thanks, everybody!
I will forgive you sweetie, forgive me for only eating a veggie sub yesterday? I must take better care of myself. ;(

Old 07-10-2007, 06:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I will forgive you sweetie, forgive me for only eating a veggie sub yesterday? I must take better care of myself. ;(
I guess I ate some of that junk for you!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:41 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times
NMS - can I give you negative rep for that naughty post? heeeheee J/K We all fall off the wagon here and there. I know I've done my fair share and you guys always understand. Feeling guilty is good b'c today you know you will be good! We have faith in you!

I can't believe I'm awake. I'm trying to get used to waking up early so when school starts, I won't go through shock. Man, I haven't been up this early in ages! I even made "Hubster" a nice bagel sandwich and smoothie for breakfast. Go me!

I'll prob go to the gym in an hour. Need to get my muscles movin' so they're not all ache-y!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:29 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Talking Let them eat CAKE

You wanna talk cake? HA

Yesterday I made Zucchini Cake AND Ricotta Cake. Oh yeahhhhh

Small samples....twice. Cardio Kick Boxed last night at 8pm class. And I'm taking another class tonight. Hopefully, I kick & box all those calories out

Good luck at the new gym Karla. Thanks for starting these motovational threads. I look forward to them

Happy Days to everyone on this thread - I'll try to bang out some pos. reps to all of you - if the system allow me to.....but that's another subject- right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals