Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:24 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times

Advertisements

Karla - you crazy woman. I can't believe you like spinning ... and can handle it with such ease! I am scared to death of taking a class. I have heard it is brutal!

Robyn - Sounds like you are in a good place with yourself and that is something to be proud of. You are a very strong person!

Pattie - I liked your "exercise the soul" advice. It is so true!

NHH - If you get into a fight, just make sure you've got some steak pieces *just* in case.

Blech, I hate running! Jogging I can do but running - no way jose!

Ok, 45MIN treadmill. Took a break from upper body weights today but I did manage to do some crunches and leg weights. Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 03:42 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Finished an almost two hour walk with the hubster this afternoon, before the first storm rolled through!
Have a great evening everyone.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:55 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
ok kids
I am back from both the " gym eval" and lol dinner(really really good cheeseburger and sweet potato fries)
good news I am in "better than the guy though shape" he said my cardio is great and though my BMI is 7.5% higher than would be idea but the "body age " thing that has been working my nerves everyone says not to be surprised when they tell you your body age is 10 years older than your age. So I went in expecting the worst. Imagine my surprise when my body age was 50 since I will be 50 in 3 months thats not bad. the eval said if I reduce my BMI by the 7 % my body age would be 38.
Get this it seems that the heavy duty working out I did years ago in NJ is one of the reasons my cardio and body age thing was better than expected even though I haven't done much more than walking and the stationary bike thing.
rofl I shocked the trainer when he found out how much I weighed he said he would never of guess it. It's the muscle.

ok now for the best part!!!!

He asked if I ate carbs when I told him I was a carbaholic he said good. Everything I have felt about carbs was as he said " you are so right" but this surprised me. I did not know that you need carbs to burn fat !!! This guy has a degree in fitness and nutrition !!!!! He agreed with the around 80 to 100 grams of carbs per day.
lol he told me I need to eat more especially before I go walking and to the gym. He said if you eat something light in the am before you work out it jump starts your metabolism so you burn more calories. He said lets look in 6 months to see if we need to work on your diet but adding veggies now would be a good idea lol he wants me to eat at 6 am and eat veggies sometime during the day is a lot to ask
so all and all I am glad I didn't have to "deck him" for making me feel like some out of shape old lady
Tomorrow afternoon is the "show me how the equipment works" apt. I will take the spinning class in the am first though.

ok I am done typing

thanks for letting me fill you in

karla

Old 07-12-2007, 05:19 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
80-100 grams of Carbs a day!!! Party, party, party!! I can do that.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:36 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Hey Roma,is your computer working well now! good for you

Old 07-12-2007, 05:57 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
80-100 grams of Carbs a day!!! Party, party, party!! I can do that.
lol but remember you have to work out !!! rofl I don't want folks hunting me down if they carb out and gain weight lol

karla

Old 07-12-2007, 06:24 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
Karla, You mean we have to work out too???? I'm in trouble then.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:15 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,555 times
Karla..good job with your fitness assessement!! But I need to know how to make or get sweet potato fries!! They sound so good!!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:15 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Okay, team. I have monitored this thread, but have not had the nerve to jump in...but now I'm ready.... I've been exercising the soul (Love that expression!) and am now ready for the outer work.

I quit smoking three weeks ago- almost to the hour- the day before I left SC last month. So now I'm ready for the next step....pun intended...

I don't think I will become a morning exerciser, and "hard body" will only be me when I'm pushing up daisies. My goal for now will be daily exercise. Hopefully, the peer pressure and encouragement from this thread will get my a$$ in gear for a little bit every day.

Now I ain't gonna be doin no spinning classes, girlfriends.....(and boyfriends!)-I was born without endorphins and the only thing I ever did that I enjoyed AND that made me sweat...well, and I've forgotten what that was !!

So see ya tomorrow- the journey of a thousand pounds begins with the first mile......I'm visualizing the burn.....

Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times
hereinfla - Good for you!! Quitting smoking is a hard thing to do. When you start to exercise, that'll give a great boost to keep your mind off of wanting a smoke, so I hear anyway.

This is a great place to start. Everyone is very supportive! So were you literal about "no endorphins", like you have a physical disorder, or was that just figuratively speaking?! Walking is a great start! Best wishes to you and see you next time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals