Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2010, 04:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,136,815 times

Advertisements

Good morning every one

Lol now what to do for the past 6 weeks it has been nonstop between the FR and getting ready for Christmas
There is nothing on the "to do list" well there is cleaning but sadly I can not find my chisel I think it ran off with Patties chisel

Heading to breakfast in a few then ya know I may just do nothing today but watch football

So anyone else feeling at lose ends ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 06:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,275,259 times
Good morning, all.

OK, I have to go to OOH soon and find out who said that Disney World is quiet on Christmas Day. OMG, it was absolutely nuts. All the years DH and I have been going, we've never seen a crowd like that. You could not go anywhere. There wasn't a place that didn't have a line, including benches! We did not go on a single ride. The only food we had was funnel cake and a drink, and it took us a 1/2 hour to get those! Oh, and the monorail was down when we got there. I saw on the news this morning that a squirrel messed around with the electrical at a couple of their hotels, so maybe that's what happened. And rude! Holy cow - the guests were quite rude. Now, the "cast members" were lovely. But they always are. And they had a beautiful Christmas parade with Santa and everything. He looked a bit tired after his long night, but he was up there, waving away and all.

We opened our stuff the night before. Got some neat clothes, a couple of books and some gift cards. One is a Skechers card. I've been wanting a pair of those toner sneakers - not so much for what they're supposed to do (everyone says they don't work), but because they're like walking on air. So comfy. I have a certain pair in mind - I hope they still have my size tomorrow. They're the Mary Jane style.

Anyway...I hope everyone had a great day. We still had a good time people watching and DH got some absolutely beautiful photos.

Today will probably be picking up around here. Have done a bunch already, but it doesn't show.

Karla, congrats on the grand nephew to be!

Welcome, DaytonSux!

See y'all later - we're headed to our friends' place for coffee soon.

Hugs!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:54 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,366,463 times
Morning everyone!

Our son made out like a fat cat yesterday. He's now glued to the T.V. playing his X Box.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. We're hanging out today watching football and doing nothing. I will be walking through the neighborhood later on. The weather is playing fair for once.

Have a wonderful day...

Old 12-26-2010, 08:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,249,701 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk this morning. Later we will hit the Riverwalk.

I got a call from my friend about 11:30 yesterday morning. One of the horses was sick. This horse was quite ancient. My friend does not handle stuff like this very well. I know she would have been less upset if it had not been Christmas and I suspect that is why we went to such effort, hoping to make him comfortable until today. We spent much of the afternoon trying to help this horse, but in the end we had to call the vet away from his Christmas dinner to come help him along to Rainbow Bridge. It was sad, but now Scoops is grazing in Heaven's pasture. Scoops was 35 years old and helped many, many college kids learn the ropes.

My friend's mother included me into the family happenings yesterday. We had a lovely turkey dinner and they even had some small gifts for me under their tree. It was nice to be included, especially since I was not expecting any of it.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,275,259 times
Tet, it sounds like a great idea - get the son something to play with so he can stay busy!

Evey, I'm so sorry about your friend's loss. We had a cat pass away on Christmas Day; not an easy thing. So happy, tho, to hear that they included you in their Christmas. The first one alone is tough.

We're just puttering along; I've already made my "exchanges" thru LL Bean; I'll have to get the 2 items that don't fit out tomorrow when we go to get my Skechers!

Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,136,815 times
ok guess what !!!

We had some light flurries this morning !!
I was headed over to check on the neighbors cat and all of a sudden I started yelling lol "OMG come out and look "

The misty rain that caused the flurries has stopped but it is very windy it is suppose to go down to 26 tonight so I will be out later wrapping things here and at CD's

I can't imagine how cold it will be for those at the game today

Evey I am sorry about Scoops I know your friend and scoop were glad you were there

How fun that santa had presents under the tree for you !!

lol Sue on the xbox I gave the kids next door their movies on Christmas Eve morning so they would have somethign to keep them busy while there mom & dad were finishing up they said they also were glued tot he TV

Pattie you are a brave woman I probably would of headed out after seeing the crowds

Old 12-26-2010, 11:44 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,542,409 times
Evey-Sorry to hear about your friend's horse, 35 years old? Amazing!

Today I did a 22 min. cardio strength workout. Not much going on around here so far, but at least that blizzard isn't hitting any of us midwesterners (yet!).

Have a good one, everybody.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:20 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,352,296 times
Hi everyone,

Evey,sorry to hear about your friend's horse. I'm sure she appreciates you helping her through it.

I took down some of the decorations today. Only thing left is the tree and the Christmas village and I'll leave them up a few more days.

Happy Sunday to you all.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:18 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,227,334 times
Evening all, I do believe I could take a nap right now!
Had all my kids and g-kids here (at Tricia's) for Christmas dinner and the kids had more presents to open from each other......fun cuz Austin is all about opening the presents right now!
We went to Church today and then Tricia had to go to the mall! Well after 2 hours we left and came back here to left overs, I just finished my desert and am ready to lay around for awhile!
Sue, I love those toys that keep the kids busy for awhile! BUT my g-daughters will play for hours if allowed!
Evey I am glad you were there to help your friend, that is a difficult position to be in and I know you helped. I am glad you are there, and I am sure she is too.
Well girls might just lay down for a bit. See all later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals