Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies
Happy Monday

Yay it is 55 at the airport and 63 here it is going up to 86 but a cold front is suppose to come through tonight and the rest of the week we will be in the mid to low 70's !!

I don't have PT until 9:15 so I am going to hit the treadmill this morning

When I get back from PT I may do a little plant clean up in the screenroom while it is still cool that way I will be able to get the bags in tomorrows yard waste pickup

This afternoon will be closing out last weeks work paperwork and book reconciling
rofl can you feel my excitement

Well the new QOTD hosts start this week
I was very surprised that only 3 folks volunteered
I thought it only fair to give them each a day or 2

ok off to remove the clothes that were hanging to dry on the treadmill and reintroduce myself lol

What exciting stuff are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 05:03 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning!!

It is dark and very windy here. We should have kept the wind generator

Busy day for me today. I have a doctor's appointment this morning about my fingers. My right hand fingers are now cramping from using the laptop and my left ring finger is a mess....so we'll see if I'm fixable. If not, I guess it's just another sign of aging and I'll deal

Then I need to go to the library and drop off my books for the last time, go to the dump, and get ready for the kids. Time for some chicken Parmesan and shooting pool with the grandson

I'm sitting in the dark and the dog didn't even get up. Oh well....I have coffee and CD

TTYL

Old 10-17-2011, 05:37 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning!

I will be heading out after I am done posting this for my 2 mile walk, it is just too dark to walk before 7:30 Can hardly wait for the time change to get it light just a little bit earlier.

Clean and laundry will be my day, and if I can squeeze it in a trip to the library. I have listed the Savach novels in order and am going to see if I can begin reading them in a semi order, I want to know how Savach and Sherlock met!

I have cube steaks out for dinner and will make my version of swiss steak (minus the tomatoes) and I think I am feeling the need to bake an apple pie. Don't blame me it is the cooler temperatures getting me in the comfy mode.

I'll be back later, just wanted to say "Hi".

Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Lisa when we were in Halifax I saw my first in person wind generator it was amazing

I wonder if your fingers are cramping because of the smaller keyboard on the laptop have you tried plugging in a regular keyboard and mouse

Sandy it is still dark here till after 7 too

I did 20 mins on the treadmill at 3.0 speed felt good I can't wait until I can work my way back up to the 60 mins
I did try and jog a bit but I think it is too much shaking for the shoulder

Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 AM

Done with the walk and it is breezy out there Just noticed that the moon is still out and it is 9:41 am! Don't remember it being out this late in the am before, must have been but looks strange!

Gotta run to the store, out of laundry detergent and I thought I had another but must have used it already.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
good morning, gang.

Cooler here, too, low 70's, but very, very muggy, so the windows are closed and the a/c is on. Also raining lightly out there. It's supposed to rain till Wed. afternoon. So no walking for a while, I guess. Bummer.

DH did walk - he doesn't mind walking in the rain. He did 3.5 miles and about 1/2 hour weights. I'm very proud of him.

Meanwhile, I went to Publix and didn't buy anything other than what was on my list and spent just over $100! Mostly veggies and yogurt (on sale for 20/$8). I did splurge on a bag of shrimp, tho. I've been wanting some shrimp scampi, so I'll make that one day this week with some brown rice and/or some stir fry veggies. Tonight is stuffed peppers (ground turkey, brown rice, tomato sauce and low fat cheese). It was such a dark, depressing morning, I just took my time and wandered up and down. I think they were going to give me a green apron and put me to work, I was there so long. Another day this week, I"ll make a pot roast (which I have frozen) with carrots, turnip, onions, celery, mushrooms and parsnips. Then that'll become veggie beef/mushroom/barley soup!

LIsa, good luck w/the dr.

Karla, there are a couple of "wind farms" near my in-laws' house. When they brought the blades and stuff to the farms, they drove thru their little town, right by their house. A lot of the neighbors set up their lawn chairs right on the edge of the highway and just watched these things come thru, it was just so amazing. You think they look big up there, you should see them down on the ground!

Sandy, I'm with you on the time change for our walks, but I hate this time change because now I'll want to go to bed at 7 instead of 8! I force myself to stay up till 9, tho. Oh, last night, I made the mistake of turning on the tv when I went to bed. Watched stupid reality crap till 11. Sister Wives and Long Island Medium. Unbelievable. I do believe that people can talk to the dead, but this woman is typical Lawn Guyland. And can you picture sharing your hubby with 3 other wives??? I don't think so. LOL...WOuldn't that make the auctions interesting???

OK, headed over to OOH, see who's hanging around.

Ooo.....Evey, I thought of you this a.m. when I heard about the driver dying in that accident. How awful. He was a good lookin' dude...and two young boys, very sad.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 AM

Me too Evey, I knew you were watching the race

When T came home from her BF's last night she told me that one of his ski dooing friends was out on Lake Michigan on Saturday and he is missing now, they found part of his ski doo and his helmut. Sigh he has three children. What kind of fool goes out on Lake Michigan in this type of weather especially with children to think of?????

Okay another rant over, btw have you ever heard of anyone not having pie pans? My daughter does not have one! AND I can't find mine!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
cassy, my mom has been known to make her pie in a square or rectangular baking dish. She called it Deep Dish Apple Pie.

So sorry to hear about that young man.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:06 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
That was an Indy car race, regardless, I imagine all race fans are affected by something like this. It's so rare anymore, those cars can practically disintegrate and the drivers aren't injured. I think there will be some big changes before they let those cars race there again.

Today I did a SUPER hard upper body workout, only had a few incidents like when I tried to modify sitting in a straightbacked chair with sitting on the arm of the rocker/recliner and it almost tipped over--got a little extra blast of 'cardio' in there! Then I dropped the weight and it doinked off my ankle bone, during the part at the end where he has you sitting on one chair with your feet on the other [more modifications there too!], doing tricep dips. I let it go and it banged into my ankle and OUCH. All in all, I was rather amazed at the fact that i got through it!

Now, I better get moving. Haven't heard any exact date from BillY yet. Hopefully I will soon.

Oh Sandy--I saw something in the paper about that jetskiier. They found what part of it? Do they think he crashed? With the winds being like they have been, that is total foolishness being out on that lake. Maybe he is okay somewhere? I really hope so.

Have a good one all.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:14 PM

Connie sounds like a hazard exercise time at your house. Lol, I tried to move a box and threw out my lower back, so much for exercise today I doubt they will find him alive, the winds have the lake where NO one should have been out there on anything. I'm not sure about what part of the ski doo they found, all I read was part of it had been found with his helmet. He did have something on which would allow him to float, but that water must be mighty cold out there and yesterday they had called off the search because of the rough water. Been missing since Saturday.

Pattie I thought about baking a pie in a brownie pan but was not sure what the temperature should be, cooking time, or if I could put a bottom crust on it. I might surf about the Internet and see what I can find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals