Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 04:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies
Happy Sunday !!

Our friends are still out of town so not sure if we are going down the beach for breakfast

lol I do know I have yesterdays to do list to get done today

We are going to grill later and I invited hiroko to join us we want to eat around so everything is finished and cleaned up by kickoff

lol now we are not sure our friends might be back So I guess we will head down just in case

What are you all going to do today?

Will any of you be watching the SB ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,229,486 times
Of course we will be watching SB, I live with the "sports guy"!

I work 10:45 to 3:30 today, have a few slacks I have set aside at work so I want to try them on when I get out and then make my mind up on the purchase. Then I must grocery shop, we are getting pretty bare here. Bob and I will be the only ones here until the girls get back from their Dad's so it will be easy dinner (got some wonderful ham the other day at Family Fare and little subs sound good). T is headed off for a SB party in Holland with her SO, wow my SB days have gotten easy. I remember the days when Kim and Nick lived at home and I would throw a big party for them and have their friends over to eat and watch it. Lol, one year Kim's birthday fell on the day!

Pattie, Evey said TT is having a ball in the mud. She comes in the house covered! Unusual cat she has there, must be the influence of Shadow

Kaylee said hello to everyone, she is laying here purring her little heart out thanks to Fancy Fiest

Old 02-05-2012, 05:19 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
No SuperBowl fans here, Karla. I did used to like watching the commercials, tho. This year, they're spoiling it by releasing them before the show. That takes all the fun out of it, IMO.

Sandy, Sounds like you're starting off on the right foot. I'll be rooting for you, lady.

DH ordered one of those ab rollers this a.m. Let's see how often he uses it. I may give it a try myself. The tummy could use a bit flattening. The last thing he bought was a sit-up bench 2 years ago. Luckily, I talked him into going to Play It Again Sports or something like that where you buy used equipment. He didn't even use it once. (((shaking head...thanks, Evey!)))

Please cross your fingers, toes, legs, eyes, whatever you can....it says we have a 40% chance of rain today. We really, really really could use it.

Our friends came back from their cruise yesterday. Marty called me to tell me about it. Seems one of the groups there was the Scinta family. When my first husband and I were together, they used to play at the resort where we docked our boat. Whenever they were playing there, we always made sure to get tickets and his family (parents, sister & hubby) usually came with us. We got friendly with them, where they would recognize us and chat with us a bit. I'd totally forgotten about them till Marty mentioned them. They must come out on stage in their walkers now. JK.

Speaking of Marty....she called at 9:30 last night, which is very unusual because she knows I'm usually asleep by then. We had a huge moon halo going on...it was soooo cool! I called our neighbors who are into astrology and they came out and looked too. She's a bit on the "eccentric" side...she laid down in the grass so she could watch it without kinking her neck and tried to get me to do it. Nope. Not me. Not with all those ants and things that bite down there. I just stand on the grass and they get me. But it was fun. I wonder what our neighbor Morgan thought was going on when he came around the corner in his golf cart and saw us out there, with her on the ground, lying on her back with her hands crossed over her chest.....

On that note.......

Old 02-05-2012, 05:26 AM

Pattie I saw that too, hummmm thought I was seeing double vision because I did not have my glasses on!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 AM

I looked it up...it seems it's caused by ice particles high up in the atmosphere and very light, high clouds. Neat.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:30 AM

Oh I am so excited, my tummy exercises are working! I finally tried on my dress slacks and dress I bought on Friday and they both fit! I was afraid I would have to take the slacks back for a larger size and nope, and the dress is very form fitting in through the waist, I thought my tummy would look like an "old ladies pudgy tummy", and nope it fits perfect.

Pattie your neighbor is lucky she did not pick a red ant mound to lay on. When we were in the south it did not matter how may chemicals you put on your lawn those buggers popped up overnight!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Way to go on the tummy! Care to share what you're doing???

Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Bendy side things and scrunches, oh and the exercise ball which I have not quite figured out how to control things When I do the bendy side things I go all around tho, not just on each side.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:57 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,547,161 times
Good going, Sandy! Today I did a ~10 minute arm/back and shoulder workout from this BeFit in 90 thing online.
Have a good day everyone.

Karla, was it you who asked me what burpies are? Back in gym class we called them squat thrusts (burpies really isn't that much better of a name, is it?!) You go down into a squat position, then shoot your legs out into a plank position, then jump them back in, then stand back up. They're hard, but you can step out into the plank position at first until you get strong enough.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:53 PM

Lol I meant crunches Pattie

Connie kinda like that Russian dance thing..........I used to be able to do that, clue is used
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals