Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2012, 03:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

well except to go out and do my wind checks lol

Boy am I glad I don't have to drive home from Tally in this it would be a nightmare

I think I will work on the guestroom and finish up the laundry

I have to wait a bit before I turn on the TV to see the latest on the storm
lol I saturated hubby with the coverage all night

How are you all celebrating Memorial Day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 03:51 AM

Home - JustWeather.com - Jacksonville Local Weather, Forecast, Severe Alerts

Here is the radar map showing the backside of the storm right over us

Old 05-28-2012, 04:23 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Good morning!!

Wow...that is some crazy weather Karla. Stay safe.

It has been brutally hot this weekend. Yuck. I finished mowing and weed eating everything yesterday. Today I need to wash the motor home, give the dog a bath, clean the house, do more laundry and pack. We are supposed to hit the road tomorrow

Enjoy your memorial day every one. BLT's for dinner here

Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Morning!

I was watching coverage last night on the WC Karla, some mighty winds there! I hope you all got the rain you needed,

My day will be finishing up around here, I expect Bob to be back about 1ish. They don't get good cell coverage up there but he did manage to get a short call to me. He said his dad looks real weak. The past 6 years that man has had major health problems and scares. Now the arthritis is so bad in his neck that he actually went to the surgeon who did his back, to see if there was any chance of surgery helping. This is the second doctor who said "No", his health is not great and too many things could happen while he was on the table. So they keep putting him on meds

Thanks for the thoughts for Natalie, she is fine. It was bad meds on empty stomach. She is eating and drinking now, and FINALLY sleeping without quitting breathing.

Gotta get. Have fun Lisa! Karla stay inside!

Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Good morning.

Karla...staying home is a smart move. I hate listening to the national coverages because they always make it sound worse than it is.

Lisa, I love BLT's. Can I come, please???

Sandy, Good thoughts for Bob's dad. Glad Nat's feeling better.

I did a bit over 3 miles with my 30 min. weights. It sure felt good. DH started walking again today. Let's see if he manages two in a row. He did a little less than 3 miles.

When I got home, I started puttering around outside and ended up doing a bunch of little things till 9:00. Watered stuff in pots, staked up our 2 pineapples that were so far over the side of their pots that their "crowns" were growing sideways! Oh, and how cool is this...we have bananas growing! Fruit salad for everyone! I don't think the tangerines will be ready in time, tho.

2nd load of laundry is in the wash. I'm doing a load of towels, even tho I didn't have a full load. My winter housecoat is terrycloth and it needed washing before I put it away for the summer, but I couldn't remember to wash it till today. That made it a full load.

OK, gotta run, say hi to OOH friends. Then it's off to the shower.

Have a fun and safe holiday, everybody.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
A friend of mine [up here in NW Ohio] has banana plants! She put them in last year and brought them into her garage for the winter but thought she lost one to the frost or something until she noticed it coming back! She also just bought a pony tail palm. She worked at a greenhouse for several years and said they had a customer who would plant tropical plants every year during the summer just because he liked them.

Don't know what's on the agenda for today. I feel a little sore from kneeling and painting but oh well.
Saw some of the storm on the weather channel last night, glad it's mostly gone now--or maybe ALL gone now.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 AM

Morning ladies well we got the last of the rain around 2 the wind stayed around for most of the day
Did some laundry & reading and just hung out

Needed a do nothing day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals