Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

I was all snuggled up in my bed at 4:30 am and all of a sudden clue my male greyhound comes in whinning didn't I let you out at 12:30 am I say to myself ?
So I drag my self out of bed and ahah I hear thunder
the poor guy I had to give him his Valium because of the thunderstorms yesterday
so out comes the bottle again
Here comes a thunder that shakes the house so I go and sit on the couch with hubby and tell clue to get up there
lol well Lola decides "woo hoo everyone is up" it must be time to play so she starts her "roo rooing" and keeps jumping on and off the sofa so poor clue can't get up. then here comes the other greyhound "play time???"
hubby and I just look at each other and start laughing what else can you do

No walk if the storm doesn't pass
Lola and I got caught in the rain yesterday good thing I had my umbrella but she having never seen one before reminded me of shadow with the "scary thing"

Going to try to make bodyvive at 8:30 unless the thunder keeps going, then we will shoot for the 9:30 cycling
I really hate leaving him home poor thing he shakes so bad.
Hopefully the "thunderdrugs" will kick in

so hows the weather in your exercise world

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 04:48 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Oh no, not the dreaded umbrella! We won't even go there.....

My last dog was a 130 pound quivering ball of nerves when there was thunder, fireworks, backfiring cars, bubble gum, etc. Wasn't afraid of anything else but noises like that. A BIG boom of thunder once sent her to hiding with such determination that she actually wedged herself behind the toilet. We had to pull the toilet to get her out. Be grateful you dog just wakes you up looking for some meds.

We took the long walk this morning. We got rained out last night, so Shadow was extra wild this morning.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
LOL It's good to have cats. They just hide under the bed!

It's humid here today. It rained overnight, and I'm pretty sure we're going to get some today, too. Boy, Karla, it looks like you've had quite a bit up your way lately. The weather guy showed the whole state this morning and there was a huge red blob where Jacksonville should have been.

Hubby had a rough night last night, so he didn't make it to the gym, but I did. 1/2 hour weights. It was a good workout. Gotta get back on that bike, tho.

Happy hump day, all.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:40 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,031 times
Good morning! Well, running with my 20 year old this morning made me realized how old and out of shape I am! I lasted a mile with alternating running and walking. Feels good though! Going to try it again tomorrow. Jeannie

Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times
I walked about 2 miles yesterday. I may or may not do it today. (depends if I go stir crazy inside or not).

It's grey outside and may rain..

Old 10-03-2007, 11:33 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
No umbrella needed in Houston, but AC is a MUST. I did my exercise tape. My cat doesn't like thunder either, she hides in the closet.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:44 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,472 times
We don't like thunder in our home either!!

Chloe and I had a nice walk this morning. We then went on a nice boat ride (she loves going on the boat)!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Our cat goes into hiding also-she hides so well, she's actually slithered out from places where I already looked for her! Sometimes, you just have to resort to shaking the cat treat container! Did a wee tad of a workout today, just have no energy.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:45 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
My poor ol' girl is as deaf as a post now! The thunder used to have her heading for the basement.

Did my walk around the neighborhood then spent an hour or two digging the jungle, I mean flower bed in the front. Going to go and find a nursery and plant a dwarf conifer bed Hopefully I'll get it right first time!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:08 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Evening all.
Karla, Cassy hates thunder also, when we had our first NC storm I thought she was going to have a seizure! Poor baby is better about these now, she just has to sit on our laps while it passes. Ya gotta admit these southern storms beat the heck out of northern storms!

I just did some floor exercises tonight. My little feet are housing four nice sized blisters. LOL, I wore my bedroom slippers at work today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals