Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 06:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning

Happy Wednesday !!

ok we are the same temperature as Anchorage Alaska both 35 however our feels like is colder at 26
So that means either Florida is cold or Alaska is having a "warm spell"

Heading out to school in a bit needless to say we will not be going outside to the gardens
When I was going through boxes in the attic last week I found my old ski stuff so I am taking some of the hats and gloves to school in case there are kids that need them. A large majority of the kids are fomr struggling family situations.

I think I shall also take a couple bags of grapefruit lol they seem to be multiplying kinda like wire hangers in the closet

maybe treadmill when i get back this afternoon

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
This morning, I walked to the clubhouse, did about 20 min. on weights, then walked back for a total of 2 miles. It was a "balmy" 51 here, but it felt a whole lot colder to me. My eyes were watering when I got into the clubhouse. What a wuss I've become, weather wise.

Yesterday, I called 2 of my girlfriends and we had a girls' day out. Went shopping, boosted the economy, then went to a place called Moes for lunch. It's a Tex/Mex chain. Quite good. I had a veg. salad and, of course, salsa and chips. Then Len cooked NY strips on the grill for dinner. We bought a charcoal grill a few months ago and it's just wonderful. He's really got the nack of it, too. Soooooo good.

Today, I'm doing housework. I just took a break after cleaning the shower stall. I have laundry going and the top oven is cleaning itself as we speak. I like to do that on cool mornings as it really warms up the house.

Off I go, see who's at the Open HOuse, then back to work! Have a great day, all.

PS - Connie, what'd the doctor say yesterday?

Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I had a hearing test done, and oh boy is there a huge difference. I knew that anyway. So, after that, I got called into the dr office, waited and waited and waited. They came and asked where my PET scan was done and when--so, once again, he knew nothing of my situation. Then, he finally came in, and by then, I didn't want to talk about my hearing, I wanted to find out about the swallow stuff.

So...we looked at the CD that they gave me of it, and long story short [although it isn't really, is it!] he recommended this treatment where I guess they do electrical stimulation of the swallow muscles--or as Billy keeps calling it, electro-shock therapy. (I told him to stop saying that, and not to tell anyone his mother is getting electro-shock therapy.) I am waiting for someone to call me back from the rehab place to set up appointments. But, I have speech therapy today, so she'll hopefully be able to tell me more about this.

He also asked me what they [cancer docs] were telling me re: the PET scan, and he told me that they, I guess, gauge the severity of things by the density of the images, and he said the spots on my lungs weren't that bad. For whatever THAT'S worth.

So, that's all for now. Gotta go get ready. Have a good day, all.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Morning ladies
Pattie we have Moes here I know a few folks that go and like it but of course Tex mex isn't on my list of AFI

Connie when you say electrical stimulation of the swallow muscles I think of that machine they came out with a few years ago the one with the pads that you would just put on in different areas and it would stimulate the muscles to contract and it was suppose to work out the muscles

But I have to chuckle over Billys phrase because I just see him saying it with a wink and that knowing nod

School was fun I was worried because I was by myself since the woman I teach with is on a boat but the kids did great
after the classes I ran into one of my favorite teachers from the last 2 years so we caught up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals