Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 01:01 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Happy Thursday

School this morning and the kids were not focusing they are making posters for the fair
Next week is the last week we have to finish

Heading out in a few minutes to go see the greats
I am very excited

Connie when do you get your results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 03:45 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I got the results. They were not good. The tumors have grown, none have shrunk like last time. He wanted to put me on Xeloda, until I told him HE ALREADY DID THAT. So, he decided on taking out Xeloda and erbitux and adding in Taxol, which will [among other things] make me lose my hair, which is the ultimate defeat, IMO. He had the pharmacist come in to talk to me and that was the first thing I asked her. Anyway, she went to get a copy of my scan results to look over with me and asked him in the hallway if there was something besides that. He said, methotrexate. She's going to talk to him about which is better, etc. and call me tomorrow. We'll go from there. I figured it wouldn't be good news. It hasn't been yet. So, it could be back to square 1 starting with something new.

Just wanted to report in. I'm looking up stuff about these two things now, but it would be so nice to actually talk to someone who's been on them.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:06 AM

Connie I am sorry the results weren't better. (((HUG))))
Are you still on the drug that shrunk them the first time?

The place where you go for chemo is there a support group that would give you a chance to find someone who has taken the drug and can let you know the details.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Connie I am sorry and also sent a big hug.

My brother was on the methotrexate, it had him in remission, with a huge decrease in tumor growth in his liver. After 6 months on it the tumors in his stomach and liver were not visible. He was in remission for a year before it came back in his liver.

Is this in both lungs?

Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 AM

Yes.

How did your brother tolerate it? I have been on 3 different chemos at once here for the last few months, and have not had any huge issues. Evidently, the pharmacist talked to the dr and he said that he'd have gone with the methotrexate if the taxol hadn't worked, so it was either/or. Why not pick the one that doesn't guarantee me going bald? Do they even care? I don't mean to sound vain, but I can only roll with the punches for so long.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Connie I am sorry the results weren't better. (((HUG))))
Are you still on the drug that shrunk them the first time?

The place where you go for chemo is there a support group that would give you a chance to find someone who has taken the drug and can let you know the details.
Sorry, I missed this. Yes, I was on that one/ones?, plus the new one. Some shrunk, some grew the last time (the CAT before this CAT). Now, I'm going off all 3 to start this one. I don't know how many details I want to know, as far as side effects. Everyone is different, and I don't want to talk myself into having all the ones I hear about, if you know what I'm saying. There are support groups around, but not there at the cancer center.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:20 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Connie my brother tolerated the treatment very well. He had to rest some, but he did not quit his PT job, did golf and travel. I agree about side effects, don't listen to them, they will play with your mind. I was never the traditional patient, I learned what I had to do in order to fight them, and I did eat lots of veggies and fruits.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:56 AM

Morning ladies

I am with you both on not wanting to know every little side effect because it would make you look for them.
Plus doesn't everyone have different effects but they have to list all of them?

I had the best time with my greats!! They are so sweet I got to feed the new great. I wish they lived closer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals