Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning
lol after all my yammering on yesterdays thread I forgot to start todays

It Thursday and that means invoice check writing day "woo ho" lol

Heading first into the exercise room
Going to do the bike first then treadmill

What are you all up to

Connie how ya doing ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Morning Karla! and gals........

I wondered where you went, I was about ready to start the thread myself.

Had a wonderful morning. Got my hubby off to work, and man, that felt good

So far I have done my squats, sit ups, jumping jacks, and thrusts with my legs. That will be it for today unless I chose to walk but I don't think my day will have enough time left once I am done with my daily job search.

Got my interview for Friday scheduled, I blew off the temporary legal service company.....they seemed more interested in the e-mail addresses of my law firms I have worked for than they did about me so I trusted my judgement and called off today's interview.

After my job search I am going to attempt to organize this second bedroom. That will not be easy being as we don't have alot of space to put our tubs (both filled and empty). But where there is a will there is a way. I am also going to pop up to the office and see what sweetness will do about getting these repairs done around here. I really don't want to unleash my nasty self upon them, yet.

Connie, my thoughts are going out to you. Hugs friend.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Got lost for a minute after reading yesterdays posts and some from today. Took me a minute to realize what day it was.

Yesterday was a VERY long day. I could write about all of it, maybe later, but I felt pretty good when I got home. All things considered. Have an appt at 3, they are giving me transportation, then they have me set up for 8:30 appts next week and so on, which is SO bad for my way of thinking. I dont' want to have to get up early, get ready and go in for a short appt. then come home and futz around doing nothing but being in pain. I was told they were running radiation from 7:30-7:30. I asked them yesterday and they said it's because I have it twice a day on thursday, and there has to bee 8 hours in between. But, why can't they flip them? Do one early day and the rest late? I am going to ask again.

Did the flurouride trays before bed last night, took one of the anti-nausea pills, but felt a little queasy, and still did this a.m. Took another one a bit too soon, then took a couple of some other kind you're supposed to take with food. Gag. I broke off a piece of pop tart crust and had that. We'll see. They seem to want to help, though, and said if it isn't working, to call them and they'll see what else they can do. Very, very nice people there.

That mask thing was nasty. They got me situated on the table, then put that on and clamped it down over my face and neck/shoulders. It was so tight. I don't remember it being like that when they fitted me. I can only breathe through my nose thru the little holes in that thing. When they put me in the tube, my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. It was bizarre and scary. Then they pull me out and check to see if everthing's aligned, then back in for the radiation. As for the chemo, boy I bet I peed 18 times during the time I was hooked up to that, which went from about 8 to 5. Even had it in when I got the radiation, to shorten my time there.

Anyway, congrats to your hubby, Sandy. That is fabulous! And I'll look at those apt later, Karla. My handy-dandy aol browser crashed trying to load the page.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Awww hugs Connie. Nausea, try natural ginger, it helped me. Also ginger ale. Oh and crackers and milk, but that just maybe a comfort thing for me, not sure.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:14 AM

Ginger ale is a good call. Might be just what I need. The thought of food has me gagging right now. Can't think of anything that sounds like it would taste good/stay down[in].

ETA--when they took that mask off me, I could feel all the raised up parts of my face--when I looked in the mirror, it looked like I'd been inside a wafflemaker. And at my age, the old skin doesn't bounce back the way it used to.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 07-25-2013 at 11:36 AM..

Old 07-25-2013, 12:01 PM

Hahaha, I got a few years on you YOUNG lady!! I've heard radiation can be hard, can you feel it?

Oh, and I was good again, I walked up and down through the whole complex. Man they need to do some work here But then again, I am a perfectionist.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 PM

I can't feel the radiation, but I can hear it coming at me, like across and around my head--I'm assuming that's what it is. After a while, it'll start to burn my neck and the inside of my throat and mouth. That's when it's going to get very tough.

For now, I feel pretty okay.. The nausea passed at some point. AND, I took a half of a tylenol PM and they had music available in there, so I picked out a CD and listened to that for the time I was in the tube. It seemed to make a world of difference.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:51 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Aw, Connie..... I feel so bad for you. Don't be afraid to ask the staff for anything; those folks are usually more than happy to help you in any way they can. I've heard from a number of people that just the thought of food makes them feel awful. A couple of folks have told me about some strange things they could eat like one lady only ate hot chicken wings. Now, I would think that'd be the last thing anybody'd want under those circumstances. I wonder if the tube you go into is like the ones for the cat scans and stuff. Those noises aren't fun, but the music can be calming and also help pass the time.

I walked this a.m. - about 3 miles. Did a pretty good pace. Had my iPod on and, there I was, marching along to the music, singing with the band, when some poor guy scared the living pants off me when he came out of nowhere on his bike! I got back at him with the singing, tho. I'm sure his ears weren't very happy!

You all take care.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I walked this a.m. - about 3 miles. Did a pretty good pace. Had my iPod on and, there I was, marching along to the music, singing with the band, when some poor guy scared the living pants off me when he came out of nowhere on his bike! I got back at him with the singing, tho. I'm sure his ears weren't very happy!

You all take care.

That's why I don't listen to music outside very often. Find myself busting out the dance moves and singing to music that NO one else can hear (usually)!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Lol, my food group was ice cream I can tell you what each different brand of ice cream tastes like. Took a bit but I got off that stuff, can't have it but once in a great while now. BUT......I am back in the south and good ol Blue Bell Ice Cream........love it! I forgot Connie, it was candied ginger I used to eat. Kinda sugery but it did the trick. My PA told me about that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals