Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Happy one year anniversary to all the folks on the daily exercise thread !!!!!
It was one year ago today that we started the thread
wow how time flies !!!!

Thank you to everyone for keeping this thread going !!!

In honor of our anniversary today is a "Celebrate together" special day

That means by the magical powers of the thread everyone's workout will be done by "Lazy Susan " & "Relaxing Rita" rofl aren't they in for a surprise today !!!!

We are sending "Shopping Shelly" and "Party Pattie" to each and everyones house !!!!!!

Thanks for a great year, here is to the next one !!!!!!!

Karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 07:08 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Yay! A party! And shopping!

Wish I had known before I went out there and walked. It is cold (well, Florida cold) and very windy out there. Oh well, Shadow would not have let me get away with skipping our walk.

And thank you, Karla for keeping this thread going. You make it fun.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:17 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,031 times
Happy Anniversary and many more to come! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Happy-Anniversary.jpg (broken link)and since our work-outs are being handled by the 2 girls today, may I offer you this? http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/happy-anniversary-1.gif (broken link)

Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Yes, you may, Jeannie, and I'll accept!

Thank you, Karla, for the anniversary "present". It came on a good day. Last night, Party Pattie went out with "the girls" to a lovely Italian restaurant. She drank her own half carafe of wine and had a wonderful Lobster Cannaloni in a pink sauce. mmmmmm
mm! She was feeling a bit fat this morning and should have gone to the gym, but since she was up most of the night with heartburn and the wind (I HATE wind - can't wait for my first hurricane), she was too tired to drag her butt out of bed. Then she felt guilty for going out without hubby last night, so she made French Toast. Tonight, she's going to the neighbor's house for dinner. Oh, lawdy. LOL

Have a happy anniversary, everybody. I've really enjoyed spending the last year with y'all. You're a great group of people and I wish we could all celebrate together. Cheers!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Happy anniversary all. I'll take a glass of the bubbly ... THX

NMS ...
when you say heartburn and "wind" do you mean the wind that blows your hair, or the wind commonly known in my home as bottom burps? Lobster 'll do that to ya!

Just finished my jaunt around the neighborhood. Almost went for a burton on the ice. I must have looked a right sight. Definitely not a Stars on Ice performance!

tlb how is Bella doing?

Old 02-27-2008, 07:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Happy anniversary all. I'll take a glass of the bubbly ... THX

NMS ...
when you say heartburn and "wind" do you mean the wind that blows your hair, or the wind commonly known in my home as bottom burps? Lobster 'll do that to ya!

Just finished my jaunt around the neighborhood. Almost went for a burton on the ice. I must have looked a right sight. Definitely not a Stars on Ice performance!

tlb how is Bella doing?

ROTFLMBO Oh, Tet, you never cease to make me smile. The wind was mother nature's issue last night, not mine. I think I'll have to be concerned with bottom burps today, what with having real maple syrup on my French Toast. Now, that's a joy. I know, I know...TMI!

I've never heard about going for a burton. You must have slipped?

Old 02-27-2008, 08:24 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
ROTFLMBO Oh, Tet, you never cease to make me smile. The wind was mother nature's issue last night, not mine. I think I'll have to be concerned with bottom burps today, what with having real maple syrup on my French Toast. Now, that's a joy. I know, I know...TMI!

I've never heard about going for a burton. You must have slipped?
Yeah right blame poor old Mother Nature! We know you had the walking toot toots! Don't worry about TMI ... just remember never, ever have a second helping of green bean casserole. It'll have you up at 3 a.m. wishing it was the wind outside keeping you awake!

Yup, I almost slipped. I think I would rather have fell instead of giving the performance I gave trying to stay on my feet.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,989,173 times
I've only been on the exercise thread for a short period, but I'll welcome Party Pattie with open arms!!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
Okay I missed 5 months of the fab 12 you had and I enjoyed every thread you started Karla!
Too bad I already did some minor exercises. Did a lot of cooking today first for lunch and after I had a nap with DS I prepared shrimp/mushroom/cream sauce for the spaghetti we will have tonight at our girls evening while watching Desperate Housewifes.

Just came back from our 2 miles walk. While hubby pushed DS in his stroller Miguel's mom was allowed to try roller skating again. I was a little shaky at the beginning but I'm getting into it again after about 3 years.
Anyways now my shins are aching a bit and b/c it was so stormy and grey outside also my head isn't in his best form.

That's no good condition for my weekly taebo class in an hour but what could I do?!

Okay, off to some more learning.
See you tomorrow.
Diana

Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,512 times
Happy Anniversary to my favorite thread!
I am one of those weird people who doesn't like alcohol, so I will pass on the bubbly and have some instead!

I just got back from the gym and then shoveled the wet snow off my driveway. That's what I get for heading out before checking the thread.
Shopping, did someone say shopping!!

Miss Bella is much better and thanks for asking. She must have just bruised her tail and just needed some time to heal.

Have a great day all and thank you Karla for all that you do here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals