Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 06:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

I know she is on her "little road trip" and won't see this till later, but

I just wanted to wish you both a very Happy Anniversary !!!!!

Today I have to spend some time in the garden
The tomato tree is about finished because of the heat and humidity not to mention it was invaded by a couple caterpillars lol hubby said "let them be they need to eat also" so it has gotten really shabby looking.

It is also time to take down the hydroponic bins lol I flunked the carrot experiment though I was able to harvest some potato's from the other bin

Now I just have to figure out where to store them until the fall when I can try planting cool weather plants

It is going to be 94 today and they are saying the heat index could be close to 100 so I guess I will be "glowing & glistening" today

So what does your day look like ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 12:50 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Thumbs up Happy Anniversary to our pal!

What's wrong with this picture? Well, today has been a little messed up from the get go. I guess my neighbor was having chest pains, again, and called 911 again and they took her in, and the guy came over right when I was getting ready to go see-I was debating whether to stay out of the way or what, and the EMT was at the door, I think ringing our doorbell, which doesn't work, and told me that she wanted me to take care of locking up and take care of the dogs. Holy moly, they are digging over there-I thought it was a hole, it's more like Escape from Alcatraz---what a tunnel. I stuck a bucket kind of over it, but they just went around it.

So, anyway, I only did the 30 min cardio and that really did me in! I watched the Colbert Report again, it's the first time anyone has done a USO broadcast in Iraq-that being the key word. Then I hurry up and email Billy about it! It's pretty entertaining.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PATTIE and Mr NOMORESNOW aka Gardener Extraordinaire!!

Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I've been out walking and enjoying some warmer weather. I finally got off my rear, and finished painting the closet door in the spare room. Talk about procrastinating!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Good to hear your son is ok Fuzzy!

Old 06-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Thank you so much, my friends.

Just got back. We spent most of the day in St. Pete and then wandering back home via Rt. 41, which goes thru all sorts of neat places like Sarasota and Punta Gorda, et al. Evey (come out, come out, wherever you are!) and Karla, I thought of you two when we were going thru Bradenton.

We're pretty sure that hubster's test was fine. They tell you that you go in, they do some stuff to you, then you have 3 hours to go have lunch or whatever, then you come back and they do more stuff to you. Well, when he did the initial stuff, they looked over his tests and said it wasn't necessary for him to do the second stuff, and we were free to go! Woo Hoo! Poor boy was so hungry. We finally found a Subway and he woofed down a whole foot long. Now, he's not hungry, so dinner out is postponed till tomorrow. That's ok. I didn't want him paying for a dinner if he wasn't hungry. So now we're (hic) having cocktails at home, but (hic - 'scuse me) I had to drop in and let my buddies know things are looking good for my guy.

Oh, he got me a pretty pair of Swarovski crystal earrings and a "nekkid lady" for our garden. I've been wanting one of these Grecian type statues for the garden where one b**b is hanging out - hence, "nekkid lady". I got him these 2 "thingies" you put on your house that he fell in love with. They're bronze, one is the face of a sun w/a clock on it, the other is a 1/4 moon with a thermometer. He wants to put them in the peak on the garage. Funny story - he'd seen them in BJ's and I got them while he was up north. We're watching our friends' house, so I hid them over there. Now, he's been home 2 weeks and we've been to BJ's 2 or 3 times and he never mentioned the stupid things. Yesterday, we go to BJ's. "Oh, let's see if those things have been marked down." Luckily, they weren't where they had been, so I told him, "you go down this aisle, I'll check down that one." I caught him before he came down the aisle I said I'd check and said they were all out of them. Didn't he turn down the aisle anyway to find them there? Well, I tried to talk him out of them. "What? Don't you like them? I really like them and I want them and they're marked down, why can't I get them?" Well, if you think I could keep a straight face after that.... So I have the things a whole month and he spoils the surprise the day before our anniversary. GGGRRRRRR...

Well, I've blabbered on enough.

Take care, all. Talk at ya tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:09 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Happy anniversary Pattie. Many more to ya.

Finished my 5th day of the slim in 6 dvds. Wow what a crazy workout. I can feel it and my muscles are burning.
I started the ramp it up one today a couple of days early. 45 minutes feels like 2 hours with this.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:22 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Happy, happy anniversary Pattie and hubby! Ours is tomorrow, what will we do? Nothing we both have to work
I am telling you girls that the crazy people have invaded our business, there are sooooo many people calling and flipping out over the phone. Now I tell you I know the panic most of them must be in, but biting the hand that feeds you is not the way to go about getting help. I just have never seen anything like it, and I am a calm person! Whew.........needed to get that off my chest.
Cassy and I are not doing anything........no walk (too hot right now, and no gym) if I had a beer in the fridge I would be drinking by the time hubby gets home
Well I'm done ranting......have a good night all. Fuzzy hope your neighbor is okay. Someone needs to dump pepper in the hole to china, that will stop them from digging there.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:21 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Pattie it sounds like you had a interesting yet nice day I am so glad the first set of tests worked out so you could leave

Doesn't it figure the stuff you bought would be reduced hmm do you still have your receipt ?

Fuzzy you win the best neighbor award !!! I agree red pepper flakes should help to keep them form digging

lol tet I never knew closet doors get painted I had to go look at ours adn I bet that would freshen them up

Song congrats on the dedication with your new dvds !!! it really is a good inspiration for us

cassy come on over we just bought more beer so we have plenty to share !!

I spent over 3 hours in the backyard this morning bye bye tomato tree which eeek had these little bugs
I also dragged the hydro bins out and then wheeled them to the cement patio way in the back
omg they were heavier than I thought I am already feeling it
once they are completely dried out I wilk find some spot (lol more like invade one) in the garage to store them

From all the rain and the hydro bins the screenroom concrete floor was a lovely shade of green so out came the bleach

whew lol it was toasty out there rofl the dogs wouldn't come near me because I was so "glowing" !!!

Just going to hang out tonight heck lol hubby and the kids are all crashed out

see you all in the am

Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
But I need my red pepper flakes to keep the bunnies from eating my flowers!!! I do have a can of chipotle peppers in the pantry--nooo, that would be too cruel...no. But what will the pepper do to them? Will it burn their paws?

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 06-10-2009 at 10:35 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 05:16 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
No, just make them sneeze and maybe their eyes water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals