Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 04:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Which today will be the mower, edger weed whacker

Morning all

Gotta move fast we all have to be out of here by 7:20 FIL is heading home we are heading to breakfast

So I will be back to chat more later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Morning Karla,
My hummingbird feeder is a success, I saw the first hummingbird this morning! I love watching them hoover and then streak across the sky. I never saw a hummingbird until I moved south. That began my day on a good note!
I'm going to relax with my cup of coffee, or two and then get up to the gym for early morning workout. After that who knows, except this afternoon I have laundry and cleaning. The weather is questionable if we are to get rain today, I hate to say it but we need a little.
Monday is my birthday Karla. Hubby is laughing at me but I am excited that I will be eligible for some senior discounts this year. Hey, 10 percent is a lot now a days!
Cassy is walked and I am going to relax and watch the news.
Have a great day all.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Well, my bonecrusher is back in action. Shadow & I headed down to the Greenway this morning to try and take a real walk before it gets too hot. We got about 500 feet down the path when we heard something up the hill. Shadow bolted up there & snatched a groundhog right off a tree. She brought it to me, made sure it was not going anywhere, checked the area for more, then carried the thing home. She is now out in the yard guarding her prize. Did you know that one groundhog can destroy 1/2 acre of soybeans in a day? Not much sympathy around here for groundhogs I'm afraid.

Mickey has never seen a groundhog. She keeps looking at me like "what the ____ is that?".

Well, I would have finished the windows yesterday, but I can't get the curtain rod in the bedroom down. If there was less fabric I could slide the drapes to one side, paint where they are not, then slide them over to the painted side to get the rest. Too much expensive silk fabric in my way. So, I will hold off on the last 2 windows until DH gets back to help. I have one door frame downstairs to paint and some touch up. We will be painting the front door, but we are not in agreement over what color so that will also have to wait.

Mostly I will park my butt on the sofa to watch the race.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Sandy, the first time I saw a hummingbird, I heard him first. When I focused on what was making all that noise (I happened to be super hungover at the time, so he sounded like a drum), I thought "OMG, what a humongous bee that is!" See what too much booze does to you? Anyway, they are a neat creature.

Evey, Shadow must be pretty spry to be able to catch that groundhog. I'm impressed.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:03 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
Happy Sunday.

I did my first day of burn it up today and it lives up to its name. It's a 60 minute workout that includes, cardio, leg/butt work, upper body and abs but it seems like a 4 hour workout. I guess I'll get used to it more as time goes on though.

We're going to a potluck in about an hour so we'll see how that turns out.
I usually don't like to eat food unless I know the person that prepares it or I can see the person that prepares it.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:03 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,009 times
Hi there....such a lazy Sunday. I love it.

Cassy - I love bird feeders. We have a couple and hummingbirds are so fun to watch.
Happy Birthday tomorrow. I am almost to that age where I can enjoy the discount. Since I am older then my husband, he is happy for it too.

Now that we belong to the YMCA which is very close to where we live, I have been going to the gym more. 4 times last week. Missed going yesterday.

My daughter is coming to Oklahoma to run in a marathon on November 22nd. Wants me to run with her.....ha ha is she dreaming. I will be lucky to do the 5k.

The weather here is nuts. 102 with heat index of 112, dew point 76 and humidity 66%. Am I crazy to live here...ha ha
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Rae
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals