Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
slept in till 6:30 this morning though it felt good now I am running behind
the good thing is the "kids" are still sleeping so I can get my posts done before they all start "demanding" breakfast

So they are saying we could hit 80 today guess I am going to have to shave my legs when I shower this morning because it is going to be a shorts day

I have some running around to do today
lol one of these days I am going to start my xmas shopping
the good news is since "up north"is coming down here for xmas I won't have to mail anything so that gives me a extra 10 days I can actually delay it till the 23 rd

So whats on your "books" for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 06:26 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
OMG Karla! Are you one of "those people"? I would be in a total state of meltdown if I hadn't started my shopping 2 days before Christmas. I am one of the people who starts my Christmas shopping on Dec. 26th and throughout the year if I see something that I think someone will enjoy I pick it up. I am always done shopping before Thanksgiving. Most of the people in my gifting circle are struggling this year and have asked if we can just do cards, so my wrapping will be very light. *sigh* So much for the 40 rolls of wrapping paper I bought on clearance last year......

I just got up and have not even taken a shower yet. It has stopped raining and has not started snowing yet. I will get Shadow out for a walk then I will have to make a serious dent in the unpacking, the clutter is making me crazy.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:00 AM

lol evey not usually but there has been so much going on

We are also doing a scaled down Christmas my sister thought it would be a fun idea to exchange ornaments this year. I actually think this is a good idea lol based on previous "I thought you would l love this" experiences

So I am also the proud owner of tons of bought at 75% off wrapping paper I may have to triple wrap the ornaments

So how is everyone settling in ?

Old 12-10-2008, 08:38 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
27 degrees here with 'it feels like 16' probably from the wind chill...*sigh* Dang winter has finally arrived. We were supposed to get snow flurries/sleet yesterday (they call it a 'wintery mix;' that sounds more like a cookie gift basket to me).

Did my regular chest/shoulders/triceps workout yesterday. Did it with the Shotgun...it kind of sucked.

I am at work now. Have my drink ready for working out tonight. Brrr!

Karla...I want it to be 80 here, too! Shorts?! Boo hoo!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:13 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
So how is everyone settling in ?
Mickey, Buzz, & I are settling in quite nicely. Shadow on the other hand has been having some issues. I don't know if it is because I brought her over here a few times before we moved in and she is expecting to leave or if there is something about this place that is making her uneasy. Ordinarily she makes herself at home wherever she goes so this is different behavior for her. Hopefully once the clutter is gone and I relax a little so will she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We were supposed to get snow flurries/sleet yesterday (they call it a 'wintery mix;' that sounds more like a cookie gift basket to me).
ROFLMAO! A cookie gift basket.........

Old 12-10-2008, 11:22 AM

I will not turn on the house A/C I will not turn on the house A/C

I give it about another hour till I hear

Is it hot in here

I had to turn the car A/C though

Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Come on up north and cool down Karla!! It's a balmy 15 but with the wind feels more like 5

I like the idea of giving ornaments as presents. They keep giving memories every Christmas!

Got an hour of cardio done then abs and upper body. Since it's promising to start snowing again soon I took my little terrier for a spin around the neighborhood. I now have to go and finish decorating the tree. Yes I am still at it!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, all. Well, the PT guys found out that the dr. wants me to build up the strength in my arm/shoulder, so we started on dumbbells today. One word: Ouch.

Have a good one, y'all.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:11 PM

ouch pattie
can you have a glass or 4 of wine to help relax the pain away

Old 12-10-2008, 01:20 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
LOL...Karla, I'd rather not...then my shoulder and my head would both hurt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals