Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:12 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times

Advertisements

Oh stan4, what a beautiful puppy! We will want to see many pics and have progress reports.

In the spirit of the holidays, and as someone who has friends and relatives both who don't think my house is ever clean enough, I will allow cookie mix. As for the bakery thing I will just pretend you didn't say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 11:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Thanks, Evey. I feel much better now.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
LOL..Evey, that reminds me of my neighbor. She came over to the house this a.m., looking for a box to fit a gift inside so she could mail it to her daughter. Anyway, she likes everything "elegant". Well, our house is nice and all, but it's far from "elegant". It's lived in and we do tend to cater to the cats. You can find empty boxes in different places (so they can hide/sleep/play in them), cat beds all over, we put towels down on the furniture because they like the feel of them and will climb on one at any given moment. There is always a stray cat hair dust bunny hanging around, and hubby is a "collector" so the house is quite "full". Notice I didn't say cluttered. Well, when she came into the house, I could hear what she was thinking. That's ok. It's our home and the cats don't mind.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has pet hair everywhere. Sometimes I feel I have to worry about that kind of stuff.
Stan, the new puppy is so cute. Bet you can hardly wait to get your hands on her.
That turtle cookie recipe sounds delicious.
Congrats Aunt Karla on your nephews graduation.
I took a muddy walk today. Still some snow hanging around and some of the roads are muddy.
Did my floor exercises and a little bit of bellydancing. Took a shower and put a cozy sleepshirt on and took a short nap. I love my jammies.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:35 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Love, love, love the new pupster! Looking forward to hearing all the stories about what she gets up and into!

Did a good 30-40 minute walk this morning then headed out to spend a few hours in the wilderness with the cub scouts. Then I took junior out for another walk and headed out to a family do. Tomorrow I'm sitting on my cheekies watching the game then Christmas movies!

I like a clean and tidy house, but when it's messy and folks come over I couldn't care less. It's how we live and we're happy! As for pet hair ... I'd drive myself nuts trying to keep up with that one!

I saw a cookie recipe that used Pillsbury sugar cookie dough flattened out. Then you mix into it chopped Macadamia nuts and dried cherries. Roll it back into a log, slice into cookies and bake. Yummy!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:42 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Oh-you know what else would be good? The candy cane kisses-Hershey kisses-those things are GREAT!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
I did that recipe with the sugar cookies last year, I put different types of nuts in them and drizzled melted white chocolate over them. Believe me they look like they are from scratch and yummy too. This is the first year in humm a long time that I am not making my butter cookies, I just don't feel like it and besides my MIL loves to bake and is probably making about 10 different kinds of cookies for all of us! Her baking skills are to die for, if I could make the type of pies she can I would open a bakery. No kidding everyone her apple pie looks like something out of Betty Crockers kitchen (and is yummy too).
Stan, that puppy is soooo cute you will have to take pictures often (oh how I miss puppy breath).
Karla never made it to FedEx today. I left home at 10:30 am and dragged myself in the house at 4:00 today. I just finished wrapping, and realized when I pulled my son's pants out of the bag that I had gotten the wrong size! So it is back to the mall tomorrow to exchange, then I am ready for shipping. I wonder if FedEx is open on Sunday's?
Anyway my shopping today was my exercise and my feet are telling me that tomorrow I had better wear my tennis shoes!
Have a great night all.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
morning all
Thank you all foe the good wishes for my nephew
My sister called after the ceremony she said " we now have a lawyer in the family"
you could just hear how proud she was in her voice
what makes it really special is my nephew & niece were the first of all of us"kids" to graduate from college
My sister went for a couple years then got married
I took a year off after HS and found I liked the business world and that changed my direction
So it was almost as if all of us brothers & sisters "graduated" along with them

oooo stan the pupppy is so cute !!!!

I had to laugh when you all thought Chaos was going to be a daddy again because the girl at the nursery I go to asked me last week if he did want to be a daddy again because her female was in heat. She said she would give him pick of the litter
All that went through my mind was about the time the puppies would be born chaos's dad would be doing some traveling which meant there was a possibility I would be dog watching
oh hell no lol
as much as I looooved the puppies the P & P thing was a once in a life time experience that I "shant" want to experience again !!!

lol I told her I would mention it to him but "shucks" it was so busy by the time I got to tell him she was no longer in heat

Cassy - not sure which fed-ex shipping option your going to use but I found a nifty little thing the post office has they have a couple "flat rate" priority mail boxes that you can send as much as you can cram in the box anywhere in the US in 2 to 3 days for $9.80 !!!!
This is really good for heavy stuff like books and candy

lol I sent Rance in Alaska 20 #s of candy this way, it would of been over $25 had I sent it non flat rate

I also noticed that Fedex ground is right around the same as UPS and I think you can even have them pick it up form your house.

Most fedex around here are through those "private" mail box places and they add a surcharge fee

ok off to start todays thread before heading out to breakfast

p.s. evey I and my kitchenaid mixer will head up to your house for cookie making
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals