Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Home exercise: push up workout, cardio fitness, abs training, weight lose programs, trainer.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Yay I am waving goodbye to the "tundra temps" for awhile !!!
This morning it was much warmer 38 and they say we wil be backin the high 60's low 70's for the next 7 days

I guess I can safely uncover the plants in the screenroom and the big grapefruit tree today !!

I slept in till almost 7 this morning boy did that feel good

Today is yet another busy day
I have a fundraising lunch meeting at noon for the upcoming Spaghetti Dinner

Getting a little nervous because we haven't sold a lot of tickets to the event yet

I think that will be the topic at the meeting .

Where we are meeting is right down the street from a great big used bookstore
lol anyone want to guess when I am going to stop
Bet I get lots of walking done in this huge place

Still not sure if we are going to go ahead with Monday as roof replacement day, they are saying chance of rain which would delay the process and I don't want to have to board the dogs any longer than necessary.
I guess the roofer will be on my list of folks to call this morning.

So have you "tundra folks" warmed up any ?
I will gladly send some of our warmth up to you, I could share 10 degrees or so will still have us cool but not freezing.

So what are you all going to do today ?
Anyone have any fun weekend plans ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Sssshhhhh, Karla...Don't tell DH that you're going to a bookstore. We have no more room for more books! He has about 12 "bankers' boxes" full of books.....in our bathtub! Luckily, it's in the one we don't use. I just hate that. If he isn't going to read them, then sell them or give them away. It's almost as bad as the ladder in the library, IMO.

Oh, well....

Going to the funeral place today to meet with the counselor. She isn't going to like us very much, because we don't want any services, we just want to be cremated and handed over to the survivors. We're going the cheap route!

Got some other errands to run while we're over there. Have my jewelry checked and cleaned. Will have to look at other jewelry while I'm there. DH wants to go to Wally World for a couple things and to Lowes to see if we can find a new fan/light for the living room. Would you believe it's the only room that has no ceiling light other than the bedrooms? It's way too dark in there. And I want to see if we can find some nice solar powered lamps for the walkway...if we ever get those plants in!

OK, so that's my day today. Don't know what the weekend has in store yet.

Enjoy, all.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!.

Yep, we sure have warmed up. It is 37 here right now and we never went below freezing last night. Of course it will be 17 and snowing tomorrow.

Shadow had a ball chasing squirrels this morning. She almost put me on my butt a couple of times.

I got the rear entry and kitchen primed yesterday and I hope to get some paint on those walls today. I am going to FL to pick up my husband and a bunch of flooring material over the weekend. I want the walls painted before we put the floor down in there.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Road trip! You will get a little relief from the snow and cold, sounds good to me.
Today it is supposed to be 65, yesterday was about 60, rain moving in and falling temps again (40's though). Work is slow this morning and I finished my book yesterday, so I guess Barnes and Noble is on my list of to do tonight.
Have a great one all!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:30 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
No exercising for me today. I did some push-ups, arm work, squats and ab-work yesterday. I didn't think it was possible but one of my ab muscles cramped, hmmm, that was strange and it hurt...

Anyhoo, tonight I'm out for dinner at an Indian restaurant so I have no time at all for exercising.

NMS, I don't think that you take the cheap route with your wishes for later (much much later...). Here it's not allowed to take the ashes in an urn with you, you have to bury it. That's rather sad b/c what if you move??? I find it good if you can take the urn home or do with it whatever you want. Most of all, the last wishes of the dead should be respected.

Happy Friday to you.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Morning peeps!

I'm finding it hard to type. My arms got a good workout at the gym, so the muscles keep shaking ... maybe I just need a stiff drink!

Snowing again but it's kinda warm. Hopefully the cold front won't hit us this weekend.

Today I'm going to start work on an art project (if my arms quit twitching), that I've been meaning to get to. If it turns out ok, I'm going to donate it to a local Native American charity for auction.

Pattie, my hubby and I both want to be cremated. The thought of being buried gives me the willies! Just send me up (or down as the case may be) in a puff of smoke and big old ball of fire!

Good luck with the fundraising Karla.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Well, you could pack all my family into a phone booth and still have room for Superman, so no furneral for me probably!

But, Anyway, today I did a cardio interval training workout, with my Maxwell House jugs for dumbells; boy I'm glad they put handles on those things!

Have a good rest of the day everyone. And Evey, thanks for my forecast!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:07 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
No exercising for me today. I did some push-ups, arm work, squats and ab-work yesterday. I didn't think it was possible but one of my ab muscles cramped, hmmm, that was strange and it hurt...

Anyhoo, tonight I'm out for dinner at an Indian restaurant so I have no time at all for exercising.

NMS, I don't think that you take the cheap route with your wishes for later (much much later...). Here it's not allowed to take the ashes in an urn with you, you have to bury it. That's rather sad b/c what if you move??? I find it good if you can take the urn home or do with it whatever you want. Most of all, the last wishes of the dead should be respected.

Happy Friday to you.
Well, we talked it over with the counselor today and we have picked out our future home. It's strange, but I do feel a sense of relief. I mean, we're in our mid 50's and we come from families of long livers, so I think it's wise to pay for it now, have all the arrangements in place that we both want, and not have to worry about it when the time comes. Here, you can take the ashes home with you. You're supposed to get a permit if you want to scatter them somewhere, but if you're real sneaky about it..... We are signing up tomorrow for a "niche" in which to place our "urns" (It's more of a bronze box) which will have a lovely bronze plaque on it with our names and whatever else we'd like to put on. So we're set for the next life, and nobody will have to worry about what to do with us. We're not telling my mother because she'd have kittens knowing that 1) we're not having a ceremony, particularly a Catholic ceremony and 2) we are staying down here. With luck, she won't have to worry about it. I'd never want my mom to have to bury any of her kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Road trip! You will get a little relief from the snow and cold, sounds good to me.
Today it is supposed to be 65, yesterday was about 60, rain moving in and falling temps again (40's though). Work is slow this morning and I finished my book yesterday, so I guess Barnes and Noble is on my list of to do tonight.
Have a great one all!
Hey, Cassy...maybe you'll run into my DH at B&N!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Morning peeps!

I'm finding it hard to type. My arms got a good workout at the gym, so the muscles keep shaking ... maybe I just need a stiff drink!

Snowing again but it's kinda warm. Hopefully the cold front won't hit us this weekend.

Today I'm going to start work on an art project (if my arms quit twitching), that I've been meaning to get to. If it turns out ok, I'm going to donate it to a local Native American charity for auction.

Pattie, my hubby and I both want to be cremated. The thought of being buried gives me the willies! Just send me up (or down as the case may be) in a puff of smoke and big old ball of fire!

Good luck with the fundraising Karla.
Yes, we're paying for our "Bic lighting" tomorrow. LOL

Best of luck w/the art project. I'm sure whatever it is will be beautiful, and that's very nice of you to donate it.

After making "the decision", I'm already on my 2nd drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, you could pack all my family into a phone booth and still have room for Superman, so no furneral for me probably!

But, Anyway, today I did a cardio interval training workout, with my Maxwell House jugs for dumbells; boy I'm glad they put handles on those things!

Have a good rest of the day everyone. And Evey, thanks for my forecast!
I hear ya, fuzzy. I doubt anybody would come down here for our services. And I'm certainly not paying to ship my body up there to be put in the cold ground and have 60" of snow covering me 1/2 the year!

Now. No more morbid stuff.

Evey, you're coming down just for the weekend?? It'll take all weekend for you to get here! How long's hubby going to be there?

No exercise today. Maybe we'll get back into it tomorrow. Arm sure feels good right now, tho.

Enjoy the weekend, all.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi everyone.
No exercise for me today. I went to the chiro for adjustment crap today and then went and checked out a couple of vets I researched.
First off, I wanted to see how 'nice' and caring they were and I flat out asked that when people come in to put there pet to sleep, if they use words like 'dispose'. I don't ever want to hear that word again talking about my dog.
Whiskey is due for his rabie shots next month and some other shots so I'm hoping I made the right choice this time with a vet and staff. These people I picked seem to be more personable and didn't look at me funny when I told them what happened with my previous vet.
Sounds like a very fast roadtrip Evey. Be safe driving south.
Pattie, it is so much less expensive to be cremated.
It's my and my DH choice also. Like Tet, I get the heebie jeebies thinking about being buried and underground.
My chiropractor is also a fitness trainer and was telling me about a book called 'Body for Life'
I'm not good at reading fitness books and diet books and following all these little rules but I might order it and try it.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Oh yeah, everybody have a drink.
I know I need one. I'm still really tense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals