Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 04:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,138,200 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Yikes I just checked and they are saying the next few mornings could go as low as 25,22,25 with winds 15 to 30 mph

Time to get the sheets out and the sewing machine
Since we had such a problem last freeze with getting the top of the grapefruit tree covered I am going to try sewing a few sheets together to make a large tarp/tent kind of thing that way we can hopefully get over the top and I will get a 100 watt bulb for the fixture to heat the tent.

Chaos's dad will have a lesson in "plant wrapping" today he wasn't home for the last freeze.

So my day will be spent with sheets, clothespins, light bulbs & ladders lol I feel like MacGyver

Once done I can elliptical

So "whatcha gonna" do today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,250,956 times
Morning peeps!

It is 12 degrees and snowing here this morning. Shadow had a ball out there and even found a Pomeranian to play with.

The plumbing project yesterday did not go well. We were trying to split off of the new line the plumber put in which is the new polyethylene flex line. The material we have is Schedule 40. Apparently they do not make a connector for these 2 materials. You can join the poly to to CPVC, copper, and galvanized. You can not join it to Schedule 40 which I happen to have several hundred lineal feet of just sitting here. We spent over 7 hours and made 4 trips to Lowes to end up back where we started. So, back to the drawing board on this one.

My PE class that I teach starts its new semester tonight. I will be out in the barn for a few hours later on. Good thing the barn is heated.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,366,829 times
Hang in there, Evey!

Got a good workout done this morning. My mind feels refreshed and I'm more awake than yesterday!

The temps once again dropped, thanks to that overgrown rat in PA!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,276,162 times
Hi, guys. Nothing to report on exercise today, but I didn't want y'all worrying about me! I did try to drag DH's butt to the gym, but he wanted to go to the flea market instead.

Have a good day.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:56 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,732 times
Hey ladies! Brrr, it's so darn cold outside! Wish spring would hurry and come soon with lots of sun, many beautiful sweet smelling flowers and T-shirt weather! I can't stand the winter anymore...

Step aerobic time's in 10 minutes and I still have to write my choreography. So, have a great day all.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,110 times
Today I did the cardio/strength interval workout which is 22 min. and the abs workout which is about 11. Thank goodness we have this forum, I can go back and see how long I've been doing these. It supposedly takes about 5 weeks to see results, and I'm thinking its getting close. My pants, however, have a different opinion...

Happy Tuesday everybody.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:19 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,353,229 times
Dropping in to say hi. No exercise today. Doing laundry.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,250,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Dropping in to say hi. No exercise today. Doing laundry.
Laundry counts as exercise! Lifting & bending? Oh yes ma'am. I even have 2sets of stairs to tote my laundry up & down.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:20 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,227,693 times
Evening all
lol Evey you sound like a pro up there with the plumbing. My language for such types of things is "thingies, and what-cha-call-it, you on the other hand know what you are speaking of. If I could I would rep you.
20 minutes of cardio tonight, and I think I am going to try to make it up to the gym this weekend, as long as the temps warm up!
We had cold move in yesterday, and this morning there was ice on the road (little tiny tiny bits of it), way too much for anyone in Birmingham! It took me an hour to drive 15 miles this morning (traffic is congested during peak travel time here, add snow, rain or ice and you get to add stop and go all the way down town).
Have a great night!
Sandy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals