Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 04:15 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies

It is going to be a toasty day here in NE FL
Good thing we have movie day inside

MIL canceled on brunch so we will be meeting our friends as usual
I would love to see some rain but it doesn't look like that will happen

Here is a picture of our visitor

lol he was re-energizing
right now he is trying to climb on Lola's head, she does not find it amusing

So what fun things do you have planned for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 06:56 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

LOL, recharging.......

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk this morning. Hoping to hit the beach with her later.

Yesterday we went to the 10th anniversary celebration for the dog park. It was Africa hot, there were tons of people with little yarpie dogs everywhere, and it was mostly a fundraiser for a few of the local rescue groups. Poor Shadow did not have much fun.

It is bed changing day here. That is about the most fun thing on my plate today.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Evey, I guess it's regional change your bed day. I did mine too.

WIll be back later with more BATV issues. Gotta print something for dh first. See ya soon.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 AM

AAawwwww...cute company, Karla. Ralphie and Lola are still cuter, tho!

The following is the next installment of the BATV issue:

After we got back from Radio Shack with our $$ in our tight little fists, We decided to sit down and enjoy watching Avatar on our new Blu Ray DVD and BATV. DH put the disc in the machine and up pops a message that our player needs an upgrade before we can watch Avatar on it. We just got the stupid thing 2 days ago...it's brand new and it already needs an upgrade. We are not happy, especially DH. So, we follow the instructions and get on the machine manufacturer's website and it tells us we need to download the upgrade onto a USB port. This morning, off we go to Wally world and get the USB thingy. Guess what??? [b]That doesn't work either. we need a router - which we just returned to Radio Shack yesterday![b]

And people wonder why I drink............

Old 05-23-2010, 12:14 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
It was bed changing day at my house too. This is funny.

The dogs all look so cute and sweet. Get out of my bed look on there faces.

The Relay seemed to go well last night. I'm not sure yet how much money was raised but we didn't stay all night anyway. I'll save that for next year.

Nothing much going on here today. Tomorrow is another treatment day so I won't be posting unless it's later on in the evening.

Happy Sunday to everyone.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:15 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Oh that picture just makes me smile! What a bunch of cuties! Today I am taking the day off, might do some housework, but definitely going to plant some more flowers.

Have a good Sunday everybody.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 PM

We'll be thinking of you, Cheryl. Glad the rally was a success.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Sorry Cheryl, I guess we both posted at the same time. Good luck to you tomorrow. Take it easy.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Morning ladies
I didn't log back in yesterday
So Cheryl I am going to send extra strong good thoughts for todays session so hopefully you can sense them over in NM
I know you all raised lots of money !!

I missed the bed changing memo I will have to be a day late

Well rambo discovered the big toys yesterday it was so funny watching him drag the toys that were bigger than he was. As cute as he is I was ready when his dad picked him up around 5.

Spent the day relaxing, well after a brief stint in the yard to prune more of the citrus tress lol with rambos help, he kept pulling at the bottom of the big yard trash bags

Pattie I wish you had given us a call Hubby is very good at that kind of stuff he might ofbeen able to talk you through it I will call you later

I am goign to go start todays threads and will be back to chat in a bit

Old 05-24-2010, 05:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Aww, look at the cuteness!

As I said, we went to the Arboretum on Saturday, and then we bummed around Chicago for a bit. Our friend's friend was visiting from Arizona and wanted to see a few things, so we drove around downtown Chicago and then browsed around a couple neighborhoods. I've lived here for almost two years and don't know Chicago very well, so it was nice to see. I think one of the neighborhoods was Wicker Park, which seemed like a cool place to live. We found a barbecue joint and had some yummy food.

On Sunday, my husband mowed the lawn, and I went outside to clean out a flower bed. One of the beds in the front is a tangle of different plants all growing together, with some grass in there too. I do not like how it looks. I wanted to trim everything down to smaller plants and mulch around them. That turned into tearing the plants out, everything except my peonies. (One of the plants was a bushy ground cover thing that grows like crazy. Hate it.) My husband saw what I was doing and just ran the mower over the flower bed, which is what we do in the fall when everything dies back. Then I started looking at the overgrown yew bushes and told my husband that I wanted to cut them back. He looked at them with me and asked, "Should we cut them down and see what happens?" We wanted to take them out anyway, because we need our driveway resurfaced and widened at the top, where the bushes are. So we cut them down! Ten big bundles of brush later, I have a big, bald spot in my front yard--about seven feet across. We got one stump out, but the second one is bigger and reeeeeally in there. We might have to hire something to come chew that stump up. It's rooted in a lot of rocks for some reason, and we can't get down to the roots. I know what we're doing next weekend ...

And it was HOT yesterday. Muggy and hot and gross. We decided to turn on the air conditioner, and guess what? No cool air is coming out. I have to call the AC people today. Wish me luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals