Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 PM

10 posts, read 19,043 times

Advertisements

So far today I've had mozzarella melted on a piece of multi grain bread topped with spinach and an over easy egg; cashews and yogurt loaded with granola, almonds and raisins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 02:20 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
AK--- are you writing these things down?

Magoo makes some good sandwiches. I'm going to have to do some shopping!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 PM

I just look at what's in the fridge and try to make something good out of it. My husband makes fun of me, but he usually likes what I come up with. I think the wierdest thing I've made that he liked was cream cheese wrapped in salami.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magooo View Post
I just look at what's in the fridge and try to make something good out of it. My husband makes fun of me, but he usually likes what I come up with. I think the wierdest thing I've made that he liked was cream cheese wrapped in salami.
Now, THAT one is a WINNER!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:44 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
for breakfast when I got home from my walk I had some fruit
tangerine gatorade while I was out mowing

lunch was turkey/cheese/potato chips on a sub roll. and some fruit.
There is not a lot of variety in my diet. lol you will soon all realize that
I guess I have had about 4 bottles of water so far.

as far a eating plans well considering I don't eat veggies,fish or well lets just say the don't eat list is quite large.
I have a hubby who likes everything so I often make 2 separate meals.
I try to not eat a lot of fried food I try not to eat after 7 pm.
Oh yeah the most important thing is to eat breakfast. I didn't do this and my trainer at the gym said eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism in the morning so I would get a better result from working out.
The biggest issues I have seen with people dieting is not eating enough food.
My sister has been on a diet I think for 20 years and couldn't figure out why she would struggle to lose weight.
She wasn't eating enough food so her body would store what she ate thinking she wouldn't be getting more. When she started eating more she finally started losing weight.

I also am a firm believer in taking one day a week and eating what you want. It makes you feel as if you aren't being deprived all the time.

also don't beat yourself up if you have one of those "omg I can't believe I ate the whole thing moments" just go back to your diet as if it was a new day.

karla
who has no idea whats for dinner

Old 08-17-2007, 03:04 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
5:15 a.m. 1 banana
1 large hot tea

8:00 1 large hot tea

8:30 1 16.9 ounce bottle of water

10:00 1 two pack of vanilla frosted chocolate pop tarts
1 16.9 ounce bottle of water

12:15 1 incredibly good pulled pork bbq sandwich with coleslaw
1 small pepsi

1:00 1 grape flavored propel

2:00 1 16.9 ounce bottle of water

3:30 4 more than slightly stale 2 bite cinnamon rolls
1 16.9 ounce bottle of water

Evey, much like karla, has no clue what is for dinner. Nobody is home.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:52 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Hey all

Breakfast was oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg and coffee, 4 cups with lite cream

Snack was Kashi bar

Lunch was left over pizza from last night and a peach

Water to drink today, no soda or tea

I'm not sure what is for dinner, hubby is working and nothing sounds good. But I do have watermelon that is waiting to be cut into.

My diet is as close to natural as I can get it. I buy organic when I can, and free range meat. I buy most of my fresh veggies and fruits at our small farmers market, so I know they are local. I have a real problem eating something from another country when my own country can grow the same thing. I attempt to stay away from high fat foods, but as you can tell some things just make it into my diet anyway. I have tried all sorts of diets and exercise is the only thing that makes any headway with me.

Somethings just sound good and I have to give in and eat it, whether or not it is good for me or not. For example once a year I give in to the urge to eat bologna with cheese on horrible white bread with mayo. I know it is poison, but a gals gotta do what she has to do.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:02 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
evey
I am coming to your house I need a pop tart buddy
I love the frosted cherry or brown sugar cinnamon

karla

Old 08-17-2007, 04:46 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
evey
I am coming to your house I need a pop tart buddy
I love the frosted cherry or brown sugar cinnamon

karla
Anytime! The vanilla/chocolate ones are at the office. I have some strawberry milkshake ones here. They are pretty nasty, and will most likely sit here for a very long time.

Dinner ended up being chicken cordon bleu. Not bad.

My neighbor bribed me into trimming his kitty's nails with a 5 pound bag of dried fruit from the health food store where he works. At least he got the kind with carob chips.....

Old 08-17-2007, 05:35 PM

This afternoon I had more cashews, string cheese and some cookies I bought at the farmer's market (no high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils so they are okay). For dinner we will be having grilled chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals