Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone! Today we want to know what constitutes a healthy eating day for you? Are you sticking to low cal, low, carb, or low fat? Do you stop eating at seven o'clock?

Have a happy Friday!

Fabulous Food Fact: A good source of potassium and vitamin c, apples are also a rich source of pectin, said to control cholesterol, blood sugar; the apple acts as a muscle tonic, digestive aid, liver tonic and anti-rheumatic. Source (http://www.christinacooks.com/produce/apples.html - broken link).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 07:33 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
I'm hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

My coffee at 5:30 AM
My 2nd coffee at 8:30 AM with my oatmeal with cinnamon sugar, raisins and butter AND a toasted roll with more butter. That's it so far today.

Which "healthy" food plan do you think I'm on? ;-) but I'm beginning to feel a slight guilt trip. :-(

Old 08-17-2007, 08:47 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,958 times
"What determines a healthy eating day?"

For me, It's if you eat a well balance diet. Getting all the right proportions of the food groups. A diet mainly of "natural" foods as close to their natural state as possible. For example: Whole wheat bread instead of white bread.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:58 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times
vpcats - I ate a breakfast inspired by you today! Oatmeal w/raisins, cinnamon, and sugar in the raw. I also shared a peach with my son and drank some water.

Roma - Part of the reason I asked this question is that I don't really have a plan myself and wanted to hear about other plans. I go with what you do... I try to make healthy lifestyle choices. I don't know if this is allowing myself too much freedom, though!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
vpcats - I ate a breakfast inspired by you today! Oatmeal w/raisins, cinnamon, and sugar in the raw. I also shared a peach with my son and drank some water.

Roma - Part of the reason I asked this question is that I don't really have a plan myself and wanted to hear other plans. I go with what you do... I try to make healthy lifestyle choices. I don't know if this is allowing myself too much freedom, though!
AH Jco, I'm flattered. Soon we'll have you putting some butter in there too!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:32 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
small portions 5-6 times a day, for me usually high protein, low fat, lots of tuna, egg whites, lettuce and tomatos

Old 08-17-2007, 10:22 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
It's been so long since I've had tuna.. everyone around me or living with hates tuna.. so I never eat it.. oh how I miss you, tuna!

I had my iced tea, and my cheese club crackers.... I don't know what the weekend has in store for me yet.. so I almost don't want to eat just in case mom wants to go out for breakfast or something tomorrow. hehe.

Everyone say YAY it's Friday!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:00 PM

10 posts, read 19,021 times
I try to eat whole foods (organic) instead of following a particular diet. It makes a huge difference in your appetite and how you feel throughout the day. I recommend reading Ultra-Metabolism by Mark Hyman. I found it on amazon.com it goes through all the diets you listed and why they don't work out in the long run. It's really good!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:43 PM

I forgot to post my lunchtime gourmetocities :-)

Breaded (so fried I guess?) tilapia fillets and mac & cheese. Good stuff!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:50 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
I'm having a piece of trident gum right now. tastes like toothpaste

...just figured I'd give you guys a heads up. lol. 12 calories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals