Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 02:08 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,804 times

Advertisements

Congratulations! Now it's on to the next phase. You can do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 04:27 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,760,532 times
The next and the next, I guess.

So happy I was given the go ahead on my e cig and have ordered the 0 nicotine now. I'll be on that very soon. Very excited.

Went with my daughter today to her ultrasound appointment. It was exciting to see the baby. I couldn't believe how clear it was. It was an appointment to look for birth defects.

Going through this unexpected trying time for my family has tested my willpower. So far so good.

I'm sure it's not always going to be easy.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:47 AM

And let the difficulty begin!

Yup. Got the blessing of the cardio to keep he e cig. Check.
Got the blood work done. Cholesterol through the roof. Check.
He sends me for a stress test to be sure everything is ok. Now that showed abnormalities. I am going in for a nuclear stress test in about 10 days. I'm scared. My mom was very young when she died of a heart attack. The autopsy showed heart disease for "years". I do not want these issues. I thought I was being proactive by starting to get checked out and quitting smoking.
This stress test was supposed to simply show everything was good. It didn't. Now I'm thrown for a loop.

The last thing I want is a cigarette though.

All my running program plans are at a screeching halt now.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:16 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this news. It's good that you're doing the follow up; remember that almost any testing mechanism is fallible and the eventual results still may be good.

Maybe you can't run right now, but can you continue walking or water exercises or something to stay as active as possible? Did the Dr give instructions about limits on physical activity?

High cholesterol problems are so difficult; I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this news. It's good that you're doing the follow up; remember that almost any testing mechanism is fallible and the eventual results still may be good.

Maybe you can't run right now, but can you continue walking or water exercises or something to stay as active as possible? Did the Dr give instructions about limits on physical activity?

High cholesterol problems are so difficult; I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.
I am so hopeful you're right about the tests.

I am allowed to do whatever I was doing. Walking is fine. Just no power walking, etc. my little dog needs the walking more than anything. He was really sick a few weeks ago so the extra walking is important for him. Doc assured me it was fine.

I'm on cholesterol meds now. I'm not a bad eater. I like my treats but they're in total moderation. I come from obese tendencies and really watch that. I will not allow myself to become that way. It's work but it's worth it.

And then he tells me "avoid stress". Ha!!! I have teenagers. Impossible!!!!

It's really too funny to think of him saying that. I'm trying hard to just be positive. That's the best thing I can do.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Went for the nuke test. That didn't come back good. They called me twice about it. I'm going in tomorrow to see the doc.

Life was going smoother when I was smoking!!

Crap has hit the fan in the past month. Seems like since the doc told me to avoid stress. Go figure. It is a Murphy's Law time right now.

I still can't get over how easily I smell smoke though. I never used to. Makes me laugh every time.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:21 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of this news; I'd been wondering about how you're doing. May you have the strength to endure and to carry on. Don't know what else to say right now, but I'm very concerned for you and wish there were some way to help.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:03 AM

There really isn't. Well wishes are about it but thank you anyway. Somehow, I haven't had the urge to go buy any cigarettes. I'm so thankful for that.

I've heard others say the crap hit the fan when they quit smoking. Hmm, there's quite the coincidences there. I'm glad I'm not smoking. I'd be up to three packs a day by now. Very expensive stress reliever.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 AM

News wasn't so bad. Small blockage. Treating with meds so I'm glad I found out.

I'm just thinking if I didn't know, there's no telling what would happen 10 years down the road.

I have to go for re testing in 3 months but that's okay. I would go every week if I needed to. No big deal.
The only thing I'm upset about is the insomnia is crazy from statins. I can't even believe it. I wish there was a way around that.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:22 AM

88,545 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Went for the nuke test. That didn't come back good. They called me twice about it. I'm going in tomorrow to see the doc.

Life was going smoother when I was smoking!!

Crap has hit the fan in the past month. Seems like since the doc told me to avoid stress. Go figure. It is a Murphy's Law time right now.

I still can't get over how easily I smell smoke though. I never used to. Makes me laugh every time.
Hopefully they are going to catch something before something bad happens. Good luck.

I can't believe how easily I started smelling smoke after I quit, too. I can tell now in an empty elevator that someone has been in there who just had a cigarette!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals