Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 11:38 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

2 cups of organic java in the AM.

Grape Seed Extract into my 21st year now. No more drugs for allergies/sinus issues and no allergy doc ever again....none of those worked for me before 1995 when I found pycnogenol and then went to grape seed. I thought of this issue when I read about the Afrin issue. Yikes...

Many other supplements...I take very few meds. Armour thyroid saved me finally in 2002 after 10 yrs of misery trying to get thryoid HELP.

Ibuprofen for OA pain and Pain RX herbal for in between iburpofen....

Computer...I'm hooked on it and resisted it until 2005 for home use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 05:23 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
Those "addictions" don't sound very unhealthy to me -- in fact, the opposite to keep you in wellness.

I share the supplements, eating whole foods, coffee in the morning, computer addictions--and once in a while, dark chocolate. Gotta have it!

None of these addictions are likely to land us in the gutter with an empty bottle of Boone's Farm wine clutched in our hands...

Old 05-14-2016, 07:12 PM

There are GOOD addictions we can have.

I've been throwing it around in my mind to eat only vegetables for a couple days and see if arthritic pain is lessened. Like my meats but I know I would not die.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:28 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
I've found an anti-inflammatory diet helps with pain from arthritis. Dr. Weil's recommendations are a good guide on this diet: Anti-Inflammatory Diet and Foods | Dr. Weil

Red meat and even chicken (especially non-organic) can increase my pain.

I use canned wild Alaskan salmon in a number of recipes, including salad and for salmon patties...it's getting hard to find fresh, non-farmed salmon these days where I live -- and it's very pricey.

The less animal products I eat, the more healthy I feel. Beans are my friend.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:49 AM

Our market offers wild salmon filets in the deli section and I buy a few every week. They are better than when I buy fresh salmon and cook my own. But I do both. I also buy wild salmon in a can and make salmon patties. I've been off beans as I read not so good for me. I have a post here on beans somewhere. Kidneys are OK.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:37 PM

39 posts, read 101,688 times
Hahaha these likely aren't very serious addictions. Not drugs or anything. But I think food and drink could be considered addictions for some people I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals