Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:08 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Sorry I missed everyone most of the day yesterday. The septic inspection was cancelled. For those that aren't updated with our house selling drama, we were under contract this past winter and unfortunately 3 weeks before closing the buyer's mortgage fell through. At this time our septic failed inspection and we had begun plans to repair what needed to be done. Then, we started speaking to alot of people and they gave us concerns that if we were to go under contract again, we should have a second septic inspection to validate the first. So, now with a brand new realtor and new buyers we planned on going through with the inspection and if need be, we would repair. We already had plans drawn up with our town and had begun the process in March. Unfortunately, these buyers believe that a reinspection is not necessary and we should just complete the repairs as planned. We'll see what happens but we might just offer the buyers a credit for the inspection if it does fail again. Unfortunately, we are hearing alot of stories about failed inspections that really shouldn't have failed in the first place. Okay, enough of my drama, how is everyone else? Lacey, we're sending alot of positive thoughts and prayers your way for Thursday. Hang in there. Today we're off to the dermatologist for my 9 year old and hubby. My daughter has an under the skin birthmark that will be lasered off and my husband has a basil cell carcinoma on his shoulder to be removed. The fun never ends here. Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great Tuesday everyone! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Tuesday-3.gif (broken link) Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:19 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,896,708 times
Good morning Jeannie and all-thank you for the wishes and best to your DH and daughter. I'm trying to think what I'd do in your situation and credit might be the way to go. Tough one.

Last night had pizza.

Vanilla yogurt today for breakfast.

Great day all.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:51 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,404,645 times
Good morning Jeannie and Judi.

Jeannie, what a stupid situation to be in. I wish it were all clear for you and you wouldn't have to do all the waiting and thinking and waiting some more. It definitely gets on your nerves. Hope everything will go faster.

Judi, all my wishes for you too.

Strawberry/banana smoothie
banana
cesar salad wrap with a tiny bit of grilled chicken breast.

Tonight I'm going to my step aerobic lesson.

Weather here isn't better yet. It might be warmer than it looks but it looks already like scarf and hat temperatures outside.

Hopefully everyone has a fine day!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:56 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,963,279 times
Good morning, Jeannie and Judi!

Wow, Jeannie... you're a lot more forgiving than I am. I'm just the kind of jerk to do the reinspection and present that. If there's anything they want done, they can do it themselves, or not buy the house (but it's not me trying to move). Sounds like they just want free work. I bought the house I'm living in brand new in 1999. I will never buy a "new" house again unless I have a LOT more information. Paying to fix all the things in the house due to "normally settling" almost killed me! Houses settle. When you buy a house, things should work properly. If your sceptic is working properly, anything beyond that is cosmetic. It's like buying "as is." But... I'm a jerk that way! lol I hope whatever you do works out for your best interest.

I know your daughter will be fine, it seems cosmetic. But your husband, is the basil cell carcinoma okay? I don't know much about those things, and my ignorance is showing when I say it sounds like a skin cancer. Make sure he takes care of everything he needs!!!

I made spaghetti last night... used medium shells instead of actual spaghetti noodles just to shake it up (yeah... I'm daring that way )

This morning... breakfast tacos and 1/2 Coke. Lunch will be ... yep... left over pasta! haha

Have a great day everyone (as much as possible!)

Old 07-22-2008, 07:00 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,963,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Weather here isn't better yet. It might be warmer than it looks but it looks already like scarf and hat temperatures outside.
Haha... good morning, Diana. We must have posted at the same time (or nearly). I would never have left you off on purpose!!

I'll trade you weather, though? Our highs haven't dipped below 95 for almost 5 weeks! When my kids come back (one more week!!!!) we will be going to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas. It's one of the (if not the) top rated water park in the U.S. We take the kids there every year, it's only about at 3 1/2 hour drive from our house. We normally stay on the resort. That's nice. For lunch instead of spending $40 or more, we walk the 5-10 mins across the park to our room, eat what we brought in a cooler, then back at it!! hehe (I don't know if I have more fun or the kids!! ) Last year it rained all three days. Hopefully the weather holds out a little more.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 AM

72,495 posts, read 18,237,939 times
Good morning everyone!
Jeannie,each case is different,try not to get overwhelmed,worst case senario is to credit the buyer. Suggest that to the agent.The other agent will be happy and the buyer is happy too. Just think that in a couple of months you have a new life in a new city,your kids will be happy too. get this done as soon as possible,the longer you wait the more nightmares.Just do it as quickly as possible.

soymilk, scrambled eggs and wheat toast

Last edited by VillageLife; 07-22-2008 at 08:52 AM..

Old 07-22-2008, 09:12 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,710,794 times
Good morning everybody! My way of not leaving anybody out.
Jeannie we had a fun time with our septic when we bought this new house. About 11 months after we moved in things started getting sluggish. We should have reported it to our seller. In this county, from what I later learned, the water and septic is the responsibility of the seller for one year. I doubt many people know this and I am not positive it is true. If we had known that we would have bought in Weddington. We looked at a house there we liked, but the electricity was off, it had a well, and I was concerned that no water came out of the sink.

I think everything happens for a reason and we were meant to be here. We had 200 feet of line added, so now we have a septic with 2 100 feet lines going in one direction and 2 100 feet lines going in another directions. When the weather is dry we have something that looks like a butterfly. We have often looked at the place we almost bought and it is now behind a shopping center. There is now a huge development and the house is gone??

We are on a dead end street and all the children take the street over after everybody goes to work. There used to be bicycles, go-carts, roller skates, skate boards, etc. and at the end of the street a basketball goal right beside the street at one time. It is common knowledge that you do not race down our street. Cars have lots of competition. This has been a really safe environment and a fun place to raise our two that are now 36 and 42. I forgot to mention horses. We had to ask one girl not to cut across the edge of our yard. The hoof marks were causing Mr. VA problems when he tried to mow the lawn. Although we live in town, we are still country. She apologized and never did it again. Great neighbors!

Coffee and milk
2 slices of Whitewheat
cream cheese
applesauce

Everybody be happy!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,896,708 times
Afternoon all.

Lunch was cottage ch and avocado.
Dinner-horseradishy meatloaf, sauteed zucchini w/fresh mushrooms,onion,garlic; garlic mashed for DH.

Jeannie hope all went well at doc's and with buyers.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times
Hello everyone. We just got back from the Dr's and after my 9 year old was told that her laser treatments could be up to 6 visits and would feel like a rubber band smacking her cheek, she decided she would wait until she was older...thank goodness for that. My husband had to get cut and scraped 3 or 4 times before they got all of the growth. Thankfully, 8 stitches later, he is okay. Yes Steve, he had skin cancer, but the very treatable kind, basil cell. He loves the sun and against my hounding him to wear a sunscreen, hasn't, at least not often. He will now though. He also has a 40% chance of more basil cell so I'll be all over him. Hes been making fun of me for years because I've been wearing a 15 suncreen on my face and neck for about 15 years, 365 days a year and I'm a finatic with my kids. As far as the septic goes, we have every intention to repair it if there is a problem. We want it inspected by the new buyers though first because we don't want to dump 12K into something that doesn't need to be fixed. Our lawyer sent this very statement to the buyers attorney. Eating is out the window though for today because after the Dr's. hubby talked me into some texas weiners and fries. Oh well....

Old 07-22-2008, 05:55 PM

72,495 posts, read 18,237,939 times
Love to see what a texas wiener look like and taste like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals