Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Steve-don't go silent on us!!!
Oh.. I didn't mean here. I used to be a regular in the "Relationships" topic, but there was too much (as I perceived it) man-bashing. So, I would get rather heated.

Also, I post in "Politics and Controversy"... like no hostility exists in those topics! lol

I love it here with y'all. Nice, kind, supportive! Maybe it sounds silly, but it's like an extended family.. in an "e" kinda way! haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Good evening!

Nearly ready for bed. Only have to take the heated rollers off my head you know how silly that looks

I had a nice nap while DS was sleeping after lunch.

Today I had the appt. b/c of the lump below my arm pit. He sent me to a radiologist to check if it's really nothing serious. I guess I will spent my whole week off with running from one doc to the next But better now and I know what it is.

Lunch (at 3:30) was ground meat filled into kinda pork steaks along with potatoes, peas in sour cream.

Late dinner (8:00) was a handful of spaghetti with cream cheese - very strange combination but it was quite good

Now I'm off to bed and read some more pages.

Jeannie, hope the inspection went well.
Steve, just stay as you are and talk as you're used to, b/c that is you and I like it that way I hope your kids will enjoy their new rooms altho that can really be difficult with teenagers. My teenage years aren't that far away and I know what a pain in the a.. I could be

Old 07-28-2008, 03:32 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
vanilla/plain yogurt with flaxseed and Grapenuts

coffee ice cream cone with chocolate sprinkles

The septic you ask? Well, after being told we failed in March with the previous buyers and ready to dump about 12K into repairs, a new septic inspector and new buyers today and...WE PASSED!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:46 PM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Haha... funny you say that, Izzy. There have been several times I have had to ask Jeannie if my writing was too over the top in some other topics! I get heated up at certain things... but I'm trying to learn to control my e-temper.
no no,it's great writing! I am enjoying it very much

Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Oh.. I didn't mean here. I used to be a regular in the "Relationships" topic, but there was too much (as I perceived it) man-bashing. So, I would get rather heated.

Also, I post in "Politics and Controversy"... like no hostility exists in those topics! lol

I love it here with y'all. Nice, kind, supportive! Maybe it sounds silly, but it's like an extended family.. in an "e" kinda way! haha
oh,I remember you posting there at the relationship forum,it gets too domaniating and ours is fun! Jeannie is like family

Old 07-28-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
vanilla/plain yogurt with flaxseed and Grapenuts

coffee ice cream cone with chocolate sprinkles

The septic you ask? Well, after being told we failed in March with the previous buyers and ready to dump about 12K into repairs, a new septic inspector and new buyers today and...WE PASSED!!!
wooo hoooo!!! so happy for you, yay!!!!

steamed carrots,peas and left over chicken

Last edited by VillageLife; 07-28-2008 at 07:42 PM..

Old 07-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Thank you Izzy.

2 turkey burgers on whole wheat rolls with ketchup

Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Yes, this is the place to hang out, even when you are taking a dieting day off. I did water exercises this morning, went shopping and came home and munched the afternoon away.

BTW, New granddaughter is sleeping through the night and they are planning a trip with the whole crew. Love to be a fly on the wall. They'll probably need a moving van to carry everything the two little ones will need.

Y'all, I find the Charlotte and politics forums absolutely hostile. When I am talking to someone personally, I usually act like a lady; I can go out of control sometimes on some of these forums too, especially when I think another poster is really out of line. I have noticed that some of the posters never say anything original. They just attack what others have said.

Jeannie, while your house is being sold, the houses are finally going down a little here. If Wachovia is sold, it will really be something.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Jeannie, I found out today why the fire ant poison has not been working too good. I asked for help when I was shopping.

Newsbreak: I had heard that grits would kill the fire ants, but that did not work for us. So we went to the poison and I just found out that you don't put the poison on the fire ant hill, you put it nearby and around it. I had been pouring it directly on the hill. When you pour it directly on the hill, the ants think they are being attacked and carry it away from their queen. When you put it nearby, they take it to her. Only when the queen is dead is the ant hill gone. She keeps producing.

So I will try grits and baking soda mixed together like the sales person told me the professionals use. When the queen gets the mixture, it bursts her stomach open and kills her. Whoopee! I can't wait to try this. I finally found a good thing to do with grits. We don't eat them.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 AM

NCN, I surely hope this works. Can you imagine a female causing so much trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, I found out today why the fire ant poison has not been working too good. I asked for help when I was shopping.

Newsbreak: I had heard that grits would kill the fire ants, but that did not work for us. So we went to the poison and I just found out that you don't put the poison on the fire ant hill, you put it nearby and around it. I had been pouring it directly on the hill. When you pour it directly on the hill, the ants think they are being attacked and carry it away from their queen. When you put it nearby, they take it to her. Only when the queen is dead is the ant hill gone. She keeps producing.

So I will try grits and baking soda mixed together like the sales person told me the professionals use. When the queen gets the mixture, it bursts her stomach open and kills her. Whoopee! I can't wait to try this. I finally found a good thing to do with grits. We don't eat them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals