Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:50 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,634,047 times

Advertisements

I liked Diana's thread starter yesterday so I kept it. Thankfully this week is going fast and the weekend is approaching. Today is fire inspection day. Not sure how it works for other areas, but in NJ when you sell a home the fire inspector needs to come in and check for smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers and any possible fire hazards. Sounds like a good thing to me. See you all later! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 05:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,884,195 times
Morning Jeannie and all-when we sold in NJ we just had to fill out forms stating where CD detectors and alarms were (plue a check to the state of course).

Last night hubby wanted to go out and I was very good. They have delicious broasted chicken-the skin is awesome-BUT I removed it!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a breast and a little cole slaw.

Same yogurt this a.m. and cott. ch/salad for lunch.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:26 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,685,437 times
We have to have our fireplace inspected yearly in order to have insurance protection for a fire in the fireplace. Therefore we haven't had a fire in it in years. We are thinking about getting gas logs, but I hate gas, so maybe I will just buy one of those electric fireplaces and set it on the hearth. I get ideas, but sometimes never use them.

Lemon fruit2/O
Activia yogurt--I love the vanilla because it tastes like cheesecake
banana

Good morning everybody! I invited some people from the "I need a diet that works" or something like that, to come over and join us. So I am just saying everybody so if they come over they will not feel left out by the personal good mornings. Isn't sleep wonderful.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,399,315 times
Good morning!

I'm nearly finished with work and DH is preparing DS's pool. Might be I lose all my clothes right at the garden door and jump in it b/c it's soooo HOT outside! I've a fan next to the desk and it helps a bit.

mini piece of zucchini cake (9:00)
cup of milk with cinnamon cereal (9:30)
huge bowl of salad and a leftover bratsausage (12:00)
small helping of vanilla icecream (12:30)

Happy Thursday!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:04 AM

72,463 posts, read 18,225,061 times
Good morning everyone!

Very intereting to see different cities inspections requirements
Some cities here need the city inspector,some don't but definately need to have smoke detectors

Diana,you are very disciplined!

Mixed apples,apricots and banana for a shake

Old 08-07-2008, 09:10 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,399,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Good morning everyone!

Very intereting to see different cities inspections requirements
Some cities here need the city inspector,some don't but definately need to have smoke detectors

Diana,you are very disciplined!

Mixed apples,apricots and banana for a shake
Oh Izzy, at the moment I'm all but disciplined. Cake, ice cream, the whole program I just have too many cravings and not enough strength to be good.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Oh Izzy, at the moment I'm all but disciplined. Cake, ice cream, the whole program I just have too many cravings and not enough strength to be good.

Yes, but you have a built in exercise program call Miguel. You can afford a little extra. We saw your pictures, you look great and so do Jeannie and Izzy. I will not be posting my picture!

I opened up a package of trail mix. It is gone. I kept getting just another bite. It had dried cranberries, chocolate bits, peanuts and other nuts. I am almost sick for two reasons. One, it was too much; and two, why did I do that. At least it was a little healthy.

I usually have my munches from small single serving bags so I won't do what I just did. They cost more that way, but they cost less in the long run.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
NCN

Example:
Breakfast
Egg Whites w/ unlimited veg/herbs
Banana

Mid-morning
Apple

Lunch
4oz lean no sodium turkey or chix breast on salad (no dressing, plain balsamic vinegar ok)

Afternoon
Pear

Dinner
6 oz lean protein
3/4c Brown Rice
Unlimited veg
Did you see this menu on another thread--Need a diet that really works. No calorie drinks were also suggested. I will not be eating rice, but I thought I could just have vegetables and meat for dinner and add yogurt right before bedtime. This is basically the same diet I have been doing, except it has more meat and less bread. One point of bread and one point of meat are usually just about the same number of calories, so that will work. I think I could do this diet with 18 points per day.

Last edited by NCN; 08-07-2008 at 10:17 AM..

Old 08-07-2008, 10:12 AM

72,463 posts, read 18,225,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Example:
Breakfast
Egg Whites w/ unlimited veg/herbs
Banana

Mid-morning
Apple

Lunch
4oz lean no sodium turkey or chix breast on salad (no dressing, plain balsamic vinegar ok)

Afternoon
Pear

Dinner
6 oz lean protein
3/4c Brown Rice
Unlimited veg
Did you see this menu on another thread--Need a diet that really works. No calorie drinks were also suggested. I will not be eating rice, but I thought I could just have vegetables and meat for dinner and add yogurt right before bedtime.
That's very healthy!
Once in a while we can splurge

Old 08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
That's very healthy!
Once in a while we can splurge
Izzy, my problem is that I spurge too much.

BTW We were looking at the map today and I wonder if I have been close to where you live. We left San Diego on Highway 15 and traveled up to I-40 to go back home. I don't think I had ever seen so many townhouses or attached houses in my life. It was a beautiful area though. I wished we could have stayed longer, but our son wanted to get home to see his girlfriend. Then they broke up. It is called "the urge to kill." We had taken an extra week off to stay out there for a while. We insisted on stopping at the Grand Canyon on the way back and since Mr. VA would not go by Vegas, he let me see the London Bridge. I plan to get back out there to the timeshare some day.

My diet day is shot. I will see you all tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals