Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,414 times

Advertisements

Hello and good morning to you all!

I see you all had a good weekend.

Jeannie, great that DH is better. Don't you stress him too much

Our weekend in the mountains was way too short but a nice change. We had strange weather again. It rained cats and dogs when we arrived on Friday evening. We only had time to get our clothes out of the bags, have dinner together and put DS to bed. Then we had a nice evening in front of the TV

On Sat. we visited a really great market. We brought really fresh fruits, veggies and fresh turkey meat which we cooked. Well we had only a limited assortment of spices (salt, sugar and curry ) but I had brought some different kinds of cream cheese with herbs, chili etc so these were perfect for the food.
In the afternoon we went to a big indoor swimming pool with several jacuzzis, an outdoor swimming pool, two baby pools etc.

Yesterday we got up early - thanks to DS who woke me at 6:40 a.m., packed everything and went to a city in the mountains where we visited an old castle ruin on a mountain to which we went by cable railway. Afterwards we went into the city where they had some kinda festival with shops open, small booths all over the place. Very charming.

It was really great and we had lots of fun. But the next time we do this we will definitely stay a day longer...

Buttered slice of raisin bread
a little bit of left over yogurt
pork baked in bread crumbs / peas in cream sauce / potatoes

Now I have 3 (!!!) pieces of cake sitting next to me on the desk. I'm so good I didn't eat them right away when my colleague brought them

Only plan for this afternoon is going back to school for some classes.

So, who's next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 06:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Good morning Diana,Jeannie,Izzy,Steve,NCN,Aumumn-

Diana sounds wonderful but yep too short, one more day would have been great. But still it's nice to have a change of scenery.

Beautiful and cool here-slept in til 7AM!!! Haven't done that in awhile.

Van. yogurt,etc.
Dinner-leftover pork tenderloin, string beans w/garlic and spinach salad.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,953,348 times
Good morning, Jeannie, Diana, Izzy, Judi, NCN, and Autumn!!

Okay... the kiddies are back in school! Made sure they had their backpacks, cell phones, MP3 players, blah, blah, blah. Don't get me started on the cell phones and MP3 players, though. I still don't see why I survived fine without one, but life ends for them without it. The only reason I got it was for emergencies (with all the shooting at schools here in the states... but of course that's an excuse. 5 shootings out of 1000s of school.. oh well.. guess I'm a softy!). Also, I can justify their having MP3 players as equivalent to our record players *cough old cough*.

Diana - Boy, your trip made me jealous! Here I live in the desert with clay and sand and cactuseseses (cactii?) My significantly better half and I both would love to move up north to the mountains (at least to a colder climate). We're the odd ones. We are fall/winter people. I only want summer to barbeque and get a boat on the lake everyone once in a while). We want fall colors, cooler weather, snow, (oh.. and football season!). *sigh* Oh well... we will end up wherever is right in the middle of the kids once they get established jobs.

Jeannie - Glad hubby is better... and I hope you find a nice place you are looking for sooner than later!!

Izzy - Definitely take care of your hip. I've noticed that what used to be "oh I broke my arm yesterday and it's healed today!!" has turned (over the years" into "Oh.. I sneezed yesterday and I hope I'm better by next weekend!!"

NCN - How goes the war against fireants? Those mounds disappearing?

Judi - Send some cool down here!!!! Actually we have a cold front coming through this week. I don't think it's going to get above 95!!

6:45 - Two breakfast tacos, vitamin, 1/2 Coke
*cough pizzalastnight cough*

Have a great day all!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,953,348 times
Oh... thought I'd add that today starts my new lifestyle!! I've had such a hard problem finding a motivator for staying and working hard in the gym... so I took two weeks off and decided to eat what I want. Then, this morning, I had the wife take a pic of me in my workout shorts only (I know.. bad mental pic). From straight on... then from the side. Every week I will do this (just like "Biggest Loser"). Then, when I can see the results, I'm sure it will keep me motivated!!

We'll see!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:48 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,625,208 times
Good morning all! Thank you everyone for keeping the food journal up and running. Today and tomorrow hubby and I will be focusing on finding a place in NC. We have quite a few contacts and now we need to decide which place is best for all of us. I believe school starts in NC today and our kids will more than likely start after Labor Day. I'm going to call their old schools today to see what we can do to get the process started. My MIL has been so good to us, we haven't had to do a thing. She insists on doing the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I could definately get use to this. Hope all of you are well. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far...

Last edited by jeannie216; 08-25-2008 at 08:09 AM..

Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 AM

72,425 posts, read 18,209,918 times
Good morning Jeannie, Diana, Steve, Judi, NCN, and Autumn!

Jeannie,you know Rance is getting married,and you might want to go to their wedding,Karla with a K is officiating,are you close by? it's in Jax beach,florida,or maybe it's kinda far,but you all are travelling.

Thanks Steve,I am not spring chicken,I need to take care of myself.

Diana,love to see those castles in your area!

pomegranate juice first,can't decide...

Old 08-25-2008, 09:12 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
Good morning, Jeannie, Diana, Izzy, Judi, Steve, and Autumngal!!
Diana is your place in the RCI book? Might like to go there some day! Sounds great! So far we have only traveled in the United States, but we meet lots of people from other countries and we could exchange just like they do.
Boy, did you name this thread right. First day of school is always a good time to start fresh. I can go to the aquatic center and not have to dodge children. I love them, but they almost knock you down when they get in a hurry. I will be doing weights today instead of water exercises. I still have some fire ant scabs and don't want to get them dirty in the pool. I am getting a skin peel in the most intense area. Those things really got me good, but we are going to be buying poison every week we see any signs of them. Mr. VA said the same thing you did, Steve. He does not think he will ever be able to totally get rid of them. We live by a farm that has a field full of them. Ugh!

Rance is getting married and in Florida????? Wow. I know some good places for him and his bride to stay down there. More details please, Izzy.

Jeannie, hurry up before the rain gets here. If you need any more help, I will ask my dil for the number of her uncle who helped them find a house. He got them in a really good place. I thought they would be sending their children to a private school, but she says the schools are really good in Youngsville. She ought to know, she has a degree in special education. I don't know if she will be teaching at school or home schooling the children. Couple of years before that decision will be necessary.

Last edited by NCN; 08-25-2008 at 09:20 AM..

Old 08-25-2008, 12:41 PM

72,425 posts, read 18,209,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Good morning, Jeannie, Diana, Izzy, Judi, Steve, and Autumngal!!
Diana is your place in the RCI book? Might like to go there some day! Sounds great! So far we have only traveled in the United States, but we meet lots of people from other countries and we could exchange just like they do.
Boy, did you name this thread right. First day of school is always a good time to start fresh. I can go to the aquatic center and not have to dodge children. I love them, but they almost knock you down when they get in a hurry. I will be doing weights today instead of water exercises. I still have some fire ant scabs and don't want to get them dirty in the pool. I am getting a skin peel in the most intense area. Those things really got me good, but we are going to be buying poison every week we see any signs of them. Mr. VA said the same thing you did, Steve. He does not think he will ever be able to totally get rid of them. We live by a farm that has a field full of them. Ugh!

Rance is getting married and in Florida????? Wow. I know some good places for him and his bride to stay down there. More details please, Izzy.

Jeannie, hurry up before the rain gets here. If you need any more help, I will ask my dil for the number of her uncle who helped them find a house. He got them in a really good place. I thought they would be sending their children to a private school, but she says the schools are really good in Youngsville. She ought to know, she has a degree in special education. I don't know if she will be teaching at school or home schooling the children. Couple of years before that decision will be necessary.
here you go!
https://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...rum-rance.html

Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
I went to look at the Saturn Sky car today. I love it, but I am not sure we could live with it. I sat in it and it was absolutely beautiful. Silver on the outside and red, black and gray inside and oh so shiny everywhere. Trunk has 6 sq. feet of space with the top up and 2 feet of space with the top down. So I mentioned my concerns with traveling. I was told that this car is a toy and some people ship their luggage by UPS to the location they plan to vacation in and then travel with a duffle bag. A really small duffle bag. LOL This is definitely a one person car. I guess you could fit the luggage in the passenger seat, but where would I put a 6'2" husband? Maybe tie a rockingchair on the back like the Hillbillies.

Last edited by NCN; 08-25-2008 at 10:31 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,414 times
Steve, you're not old just b/c you don't understand about the kiddies addiction to cell phones and mp3 players. I'm "only" 26 and cannot understand all the hype about all the electronical stuff and never have before even when I was younger. Times just change...

My colleague always tells me she would like to move to Spain to have all the summer heat all year round. I don't like it that warm. I prefer 4 seasons with pretty short summers, long and lazy falls and fresh spring time. Over here the summer's already moving on. The nights are getting really chilly but the days are still beautiful and warm.
Steve, want to change locations for a while

NCN, glad you're feeling better. Hope you will have much fun with your aqua sports again when the bites are healed and all the kids are gone

Izzy, how are you feeling? Take good care!

Jeannie, glad your mil is such a gem. You certainly need the rest. Good luck with looking for a new home!

Judi, any news concerning your sale?

So where's autumn???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals