Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:09 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,869,869 times

Advertisements

Steve heard there's one model out there that has it hitting smack into New Orleans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 PM

72,434 posts, read 18,213,781 times
Hi Blackbeauty and Ira! welcome to our food journal!

Dinner

Teriaki Chicken and veggies
some sliced up watermelon

good nite!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
Good to have new people. Welcome! We are still under a tornado watch. We have been under a tornado watch and tornado warnings a couple of times today. Luckily most of them miss us. They go on each side of us, just as the rain had been doing for about a month. I was stuck in the house with cookies today. I don't guess I have to say any more. They were so good and so bad for me. The rain totals are so different all around us. Charlotte airport seems to have had the most with 4 inches the last time I saw the report. We have less than 2 inches. Lancaster, SC, has had red rain over them a lot today. Can't wait to hear that total. We are getting the worst we have had right now. I have been hearing distant thunder and lots of lightning flashes throughout the evening. We are so blessed to just be getting rain and we live on high ground. There are flash flood watches all over.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Afternoon all.

Had chicken noodle soup at a restaurant. Mostly noodle, very teenny chicken piece!!! So did eat some noodles, but left lots!

Gorgeous here-but feels fallish.

NCN lets hope no one get Gustav-he's a tough one.
Yes, Gustav has already killed some in the islands. By the time the hurricanes get to us, no one really knows they are still around. It is just a big rain storm with maybe 20 mph winds, but the tornados do the most damage. One year NC had 7 hurricanes go through before the year was out. The ground got saturated and then the flooding started. When you buy in NC be sure to get on high ground.

One day at work we were discussing the people moving in and what they are looking for in housing. One person said, they are building $400,000 homes (would rather not state where) and one day they will all be under water. Next thing you know we saw a picture in the paper of someone in that area looking over his flooded back yard and the rain had not stopped. Our county does not allow building in floodal zones. I am so glad they stopped that.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,393,426 times
Boy, NCN you take good care. Best stay in the house and get another bag of cookies. I know they aren't good for dieting but they are good for the soul from time to time.

Tuesday was my cake day. Yep, all in all three pieces (!) one after breakfast, one for lunch, one at about 4 p.m. when my friend and her daughter visited. But it was oh so delicious.

Had my Tuesday's step workout and afterwards a slice of bread with some cheese and a baguette w/ mozzarella cheese and tomatoe. Yummie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals