Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,418,446 times

Advertisements

NCN- Funny you mention that. I do have a thyroid problem and the first time I was diagnosed I was living in Hickory.

I'm not a huge fan of seafood either. I can do shrimp, lobster, and any "mild" fish. Oh yeah tuna is good.

Doesn't it figure- you go in for one thing and you end up with more wrong than you thought and a higher price. I think mechanics take advantage of women bringing in cars for servicing. Typically, not always, we know less about cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
Nite all-rump roast slow cooked with carrots,parsnips,onions was so good. Leftivers as it's 40 below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Night all.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:16 PM

72,429 posts, read 18,211,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Lisa it is good you are getting your iodine from the shrimp. Wilkes County had no iodine in its soil and I doubt your area does either. Too little iodine can lead to thyroid problems and weight gain. Or that is what our science teacher taught us. Mom and Dad made sure our salt always had iodine. Seafood is not one of my favorites.

meatballs and cole slaw and coffee and milk and croisants.

lunch was a sugary pepsi. Went to get our car serviced and they found other things to do to it.
really! didn't know about no iodine in Wilkes County... learing something everyday!

I guess seafood is one way,but there's too much cholesterol in shrimp and lobster.

Just steaming some veggies
tofu mix

Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,654,779 times
It is really time for us to buy a new car and we should have already done it. There have been so many opportunities for bargins, but we just can't settle on one. I noticed today that our LeSabre has 93,000 miles on it and our Century is presently setting in the driveway with 170,000 miles and a problem that is going to require some special attention. We need a fuse that they do not manufacture anymore so we will probably have to find it in a junkyard.

The people we use for mechanics are "little old lady" friendly. Little old ladies who no longer have a husband can take their cars in and they make sure that the car is safe. I don't think they would be asking us to replace things we don't need because then we would no longer buy our cars there. It is like a little club. You meet your neighbors there. When the mechanic told me we needed something else other than the oil change, I gave him Mr. VA's telephone number. Someday I may have to make car decisions, but not as long as Mr. VA is alive.

Lisa, does everybody live in Hickory before they move someplace else. Mr. VA used to work in the GE plant there. I don't think it is there any longer. Our first child was born when we lived on the hill going into Longview. There is now a road where our apartment used to be. She was born in Statesville at Davis Hospital because we had lived in Statesville and I worked in Statesville before moving to Longview. With the four lane road, we didn't feel the need to change to a Hickory hospital.

I just finished another cup of coffee. I went to bed right after dinner and have had more sleep than I get some nights. That was a good sleep and I feel so rested. When I skip lunch, it is a really long day.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,654,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Nite all-rump roast slow cooked with carrots,parsnips,onions was so good. Leftivers as it's 40 below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Night all.
Do what!!!!!!!!!!!! 40 below????? You just mentioned a vegetable that I have never eaten and I don't think I have ever seen. Parsnips. I have heard the word before, but I don't even know what it looks like.

Izzy, I saved your message so I can go to the website again. Yes, she is a cutie. I am so sorry she is having medical problems, but she looks like a trooper.

Last edited by NCN; 01-12-2009 at 11:32 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 06:00 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,954,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of seafood either. I can do shrimp, lobster, and any "mild" fish. Oh yeah tuna is good.
Okay... "day late and dollar short" is my new nickname. I guess I should check these posts before I leave for the day, or maybe even at home so I don't take so long to respond! hehe

I'm not much of a "fish" fan at all. I'll eat catfish if it's battered and fried. I'll eat those oven bake fishsticks, too. But I probably wouldn't order fish off a menu. I do like lobster, crab, and shrimp VERY much, though. I won't eat oysters at all, and clams only in clam chowder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals