Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 03:53 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Today is my daughter's field trip to a state forest and I'm fortunate enough to be able to attend. Of course I've been instructed by my daughter to make sure I give her her time with her friends on the trip. Yep, now she's growing up. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......happy almost Friday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,897,377 times
Morning Jeannie-enjoy. I went on quite a few with my grands-never got to enjoy those with my kids as I was working.

Early morning here-the last 3 days have wreaked havoc on my stomach,etc.

Last night had pulled pork on a bun.

Not sure about breakfast yet, Mr. L has a 7:30 appt at the doc so may be out for eggs.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,405,016 times
Jeannie, enjoy the trip. Hopefully there will be something like this for Miguel too. Would be fun!

Judi, hope your stomach will be fine again soon!

Spring seems to have a break today, it's grey and a bit wet outside so I'll stay home with DS this afternoon and watch Snowwhite or Cinderella.

1 w/w bun as sandwich with a slice of salad, cheese and sausage.
1 banana

Will have a low fat chocolate pudding in a sec.

Happy Thursday.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:16 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times
Judi, I can't even imagine what that must have been like. Hoping your back to normal in no time. Diana, Cinderella is my vote.

2 Bodies in Motion exercises

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

off to Clemmons State Forest

Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,710,794 times
Good morning, Jeannie, Diana, Lisa, Judi, Izzy!

Jeannie, thanks for introducing me to my state. I have never heard of that forest. My knowledge of your part of the state is really lacking. We enjoy going on the Cascade Trails on the Blue Ridge Parkway where the different trees have identifying signs beside them.

Coffee and milk
peanut bar
banana

http://www.gribblenation.com/ncpics/brp/cascades.html

Ladies, this is where Mr. VA and I spent many Sunday afternoons when we were dating. The view of the mountains is from the parking lot and there were picnic tables where you could sit and enjoy that view while eating my oversalted chicken. When he ate that chicken and didn't make a fuss, I knew he was a keeper.

Last edited by NCN; 04-23-2009 at 08:54 AM..

Old 04-23-2009, 09:19 AM

72,495 posts, read 18,237,939 times
Good morning Jeannie,NCN,Diana,Lacey!

Have fun with the kids Jeannie!

NCN,that was so romantic,those were the days!

Lacey,hope you feel better!

Diana,I haven't watched Cinderalla for years!

After 3 days of 90's,yesterday started to cool down to 80's now it 70's. It was great to sleep last night

Soymilk,toasted muffin and strawberries and blueberries

Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,710,794 times
Map of the Horry County Fire - Local - The Sun News
Ladies, I found this website on another thread. This is the fire in Myrtle Beach. Our timeshare is at the ocean end of the Veterans Highway. That pile of fire signs is where the Veterans Highway meets Highway 17. If the fire had crossed the Highway 17, our timeshare would have been just a hair to its left. There are several green fire signs just on the other side of highway 17 from 151 Seawatch Drive where we stayed last April. Glad we are not down there now. We were on the 18th floor, so we could see most of the areas in the pictures from the little cameras on the website. That is just too close for comfort.

Lunch was Ham, slaw, and buttered kaiser roll plus coffee and milk.
Dinner was a chicken bologna sandwich--with tomato and onion slices, cheetos, coffee and milk.

Confession--We had cherry vanilla ice cream too.

We are concerned about a person that worked with Mr. VA a few years ago. He and his wife live in what may have been an evacuated area. I told Mr. VA this afternoon that I had e-mailed them and he said that he had e-mailed them this morning. We have not received a reply.

Izzy, this sounds too much like California, doesn't it. Some of these fires are in areas that probably cannot be reached by the fire trucks because of the marshy condition of the ground.

Last edited by NCN; 04-23-2009 at 09:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals