Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 05:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,905,102 times

Advertisements

Good morning Jeannie so sorry you got hit with that and now with school back the germs fly. Feel better and stronger today.

NCN-you keep that foot elevated-knew you broke something.

Morning Diana, Izzy, Lisa,Carmac.

Cool morning, 47 deg, foggy.

Breakfast-the usual
Lunch-?
Dinner-yum will be scallops in pesto with linguine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 05:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,501,765 times
Good morning ladies.

Jeannie- I am so sorry you got a stomach bug. Those are the worst.

NCN- Take care of your toe.

Judi-
I heard about your blood work up. I am so sorry that after all that hard work that it didn't help your cholesterol. Are you back on meds? Do you have to be? My hubby's doctor doesn't believe in cholesterol meds unless you have other problems. She may change her tune next month when Mike goes for a re check. We'll see.

We have company coming today. They read my story here and they are retiring to my area in a few more years. They are coming to check on their property and the "Geezers" will be her at 11:00am. They will be our first guests here. Hopefully the rain will hold off so we can have a nice time.

Food will be a mix today. I got cold cuts for lunch along with fruit, fresh garden veggies, frito's and chips and salsa. Nomoresnow's recipe for zucchini pineapple bread and homemade chocolate chip cookies. I'm sure I will be nibbling on this food for days. I'm tempted to call my stepdaughter and have her come over tonight to pick up any extra food. This way I won't be tempted, lol.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:13 AM

Yes Lisa-back on and not happy. Should get back to walking,etc that will help.

He said my body just produces as 14 mos and been eating uber-healthy. Oh well.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 AM

72,517 posts, read 18,246,125 times
Good day to all of you!

Sorry Jeannie about the stomach flu,that feels awful,hate those!

Lacey,I think the best way to lower your cholesterol is exercise more!

Having a lazy morning,been running around a lot.

Just a coffee for now.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:19 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,727,822 times
Good morning ladies. I hate stomach anything. Lacy, sorry about having to take the meds. I take two pills that are prescribed--blood pressure and cholesterol. Since my mother weighed in at about 100 pounds and took blood pressure medicine, I will probably always take that one, but I am hoping to get rid of the cholesterol one. That is my goal anyway. She was about a week from her 85th birthday when she had complications and died. My sister was only 68 and we wondered if an over-prescription of cholesterol medication may have caused her to go sooner than she may have. It was a mistake at the doctor's office or at the drug prescription place and we had no way of knowing which. Mr. VA thinks we all have an appointed time and we can mess up and cause it to be sooner, but he thinks when it is your time, you will go. I think he came back from Viet Nam with that idea. Just live and enjoy and don't worry about it.

With that thought, hope everyone will work to make it the best day possible. Lisa, hope everything goes well with the company. Sounds like the food will be good. I miss that farm food. We buy the same food from the grocery store, but it just doesn't taste the same. The area we live in has so many bugs that attack the food that it is hard to grow your own. I am very allergic to seven dust, so I just cut the bug bites out or used to. My goal is to have a garden next year.

About the fire ants: I got poison from Lowe's and spread it thick along the top of our yard. The rains came and spread it pretty good in our yard and we still have a few hills, but the multiple hills in the area where they bit me last year is pretty clear now. Our yard is a gentle slope. I love my yard. Wish I could remember the name of the stuff, but it was supposed to kill all kinds of bugs in the ground.

Coffee and milk
banana
2 eggo waffles

Old 08-22-2009, 11:47 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,554,108 times
Good morning ladies...I'm finally here...it's after 10:30 am here in Southern California...

Jeannie...sorry to hear you're not feeling well...hope you feel better soon!

Lacey...your weather sounds wonderful! Love those cool days. Actually it's rather cool here today after getting up over 100 degrees here yesterday. They are calling this our monsoonal weather..

About your cholesterol meds...maybe you can cut it back some after you get it down a bit?

Your dinner sounds like it will be delish!

Lisa...Have fun with your guests.

NCN...Glad your foot is doing better. Sounds like you had a healthy breakfast!

Izzy...Have a great day!

So far today I've had my regular coffee with my favorite creamer, with a Cinnabon bar (3 WW points.)

Have a happy Saturday all!

Old 08-22-2009, 01:09 PM

Thing is I have been eating so very healthy for over 14 months so it must be my body-doc even commented that. Time to walk again I guess. At least no BP meds.

Just made the pesto-heavenly smell of garlic and basil gere.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:34 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,554,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thing is I have been eating so very healthy for over 14 months so it must be my body-doc even commented that. Time to walk again I guess. At least no BP meds.

Just made the pesto-heavenly smell of garlic and basil gere.
I'm comming to your house!! Sounds wonderful!

My cholesterol isn't high yet, but I've been on the BP meds for over 35 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals