Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:27 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,509,537 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon everyone.

jeannie216 - thanks for your support on here. I actually gained a pound when I weighed this morning, so not sure what is going on. I didn't do anything different except work my b utt off at the gym. Need 4 more pounds to get into the next 10 range of numbers...won't say what that is..ha ha

Laceyex - a spanish omelet sounds delicious. I haven't had an omlet in so long. I used to make those "Omlets in a ziplock bag". There were so fun, we were having them for every dinner. Once I get hooked on something, hard to break away.

younglisa7 - thanks for the "yurt" link. Had no idea what that was. Fun to learn something new.

breakfast -
no sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal

midmorning -
strawberries froze in kiwi lime yogurt

lunch -
Just ate Campbells Select Choice lite southwestern vegetable soup. Figured the points and it's only .80. Has lots of fiber.
Soon to have my salad. I heard you are always suppose to eat your salad after your entre, because it digests the food better. Not sure if that is true or not, but I do it.

midafternoon snack...not sure but probably some triscuits with turkey

hope everyone is having a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM

72,496 posts, read 18,237,939 times
This is good info

https://www.city-data.com/forum/10463385-post3339.html

Old 08-26-2009, 12:20 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,405,016 times
Hey girls! You're all so good and great ladies, it's so much fun to be around you, so you earned yourself a http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/Precious_Blossom/smellingflower.gif?t=1250376251 (broken link)! This is my favourite thread on CD and I guess I'm the one who's walking next to the wagon instead of getting on

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
First we have to defrost our refrigerator and freezer. I hate that job.
Lisa, you can come over, both of my freezers need to be defrosted badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Good morning ladies...

Hope y'all have a great day! It's supposed to be 107 degrees here today! I can't wait for Fall which should come, hopefully, sometime in November here!
Now that is really hot! Fall has already arrived over here. Although the days are pretty warm (about 75°F) the nights cool down and we can sleep without problems... Shall I send some cool vibes over ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
State Parks of the United States
Jeannie and everybody else too, I found this great website for state and national parks, so you can all go hiking in interesting places and drop a lot of pounds. LOL Didn't want to be too far off topic. Just click on the little green dots in your area and it will provide local places of interest.
NCN, please stop being such a great tour guide! I just clicked my way through some of NC parks and I'm so sad that I'll probably never see them You live in such a beautiful country! I hope you enjoy every minute you spent in such a beautiful landscape!

Today was a very stressful day at work. In the morning I needed to drive to the customs office to clear some imported goods. What a coincidence that directly next to the customs office is a McDonalds so I stopped there to have breakfast - 1 hot chocolate + 1 egg/bacon McMuffin. It was mouthwatering. I don't remember the last time I had such an extravagant breakfast...

Lunch: selfmade potatoe gnocchis (for which I spent 1.5 hours in the kitchen yesterday evening ) with cauliflower and a fried boneles/skinless chicken breast

snack: 1 small chocolat bar

Dinner: 1 slice of w/w bread w/ a little magarine and some thin slices of salamit + 1 pepperoni stuffed w/ cream cheese.

I'm dead tiered, although it's only 8:10. I guess I'll go to bed in a sec.

BTW - here are some pics from Hungary (I know it's been 5 weeks since we came back The man on the last pic is my dad...)

So off to bed now and read a bit. Good night! http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/Precious_Blossom/laughing.gif?t=1249692314 (broken link)
Attached Thumbnails
Wednesday's "count your blessings every day" Food Journal-cimg6967.jpg   Wednesday's "count your blessings every day" Food Journal-dsc_4345.jpg   Wednesday's "count your blessings every day" Food Journal-dsc_4960.jpg  

Old 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,710,794 times
Izzy, thanks for the link.
MM, such a beautiful family--I will click on them and look better later. I am like you in that I start clicking and 2 hours later I am still looking at things.
Jeannie, enjoy. I guess I spent most of my life taking the mountains for granted. I have probably told you this before, but the home I was born in was on a straight section of Old Highway 16. (There are not many straight sections of Old Highway 16.) In the Fall of the year we would see cars just creep by our house and wondered what those people were doing. A few years back I took the trip through there in the Fall and when one is going North toward the Blue Ridge Parkway on the road right in front of our home was a view of three hills all at the same time. It was breathtaking. We just lived with those views everyday and Lisa does now. Lucky Girl! I am sure you have seen the view from Lisa's home on her thread about building the house. We lived down in the valley near the creek, but way above the creek. Too many flash floods to live very near it. We left there when I was in third grade and moved to a smaller acreage but a much bigger house. The house was built in the early 1900's and had porches around 2 1/2 sides of the house and another porch upstairs. I loved that old house. It was really a fun place. There was an upstairs sitting room where the women and children would have been when the men were smoking downstairs. My brother and I used it as a playroom. There was also a sewing room with 2 huge closets on each side between that room and the outside porch. There were windows on each side of the sewing room so light could get in from the outside.

There I go again. Our driveway then is Green Acres Road in Millers Creek now.

Italian chicken tender
sweet potatoes
1/2 slice honeydew melon--it was the last piece.
Coffee and milk

Old 08-26-2009, 05:38 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times
What a great group we have here. Everyone is a big contributor and makes this place a great place to be. Thanks to everyone!!

dinner..

4 Tyson chicken strips

popcorn

Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,552,786 times
I agree Jeannie...I love it here!

MM...your little boy is adorable!

I was on the go today...soooo

Lunch was 2 ground beef tacos from Del Taco.

Dinner was a repeat of last night...

2 Oscar Mayer 98% Fat Free hot dogs
1 bun w/mustard and catsup
Leftover macaroni salad made with light mayo

Snack...I can't believe I ate this, but I was visiting my grandkids and there was a Key Lime Pie in the fridge...guess who had a little piece??!!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:47 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,509,537 times
Thanks for that link to United States National parks. I am visiting a really beautiful one next week. Zions National Park in Southern Utah (St George area) My daughter, grandaughter and myself are driving from Salt Lake down to that area to check on our house that the dh and I are moving to next year. The house is about 20 minutes away from Zions, so thought we might as well go for a nice hike in the 104 degree weather...ha ha. It's DRY heat though....it's still HOT

I am leaving in the morning and won't have internet for a few days, since my daughter doesn't have it. So hope I eat right without all you gals and your support.

Dinner
W.Watcher broceli cheese soup
salad
tiny tiny big of vegetable lazana

Have a great rest of the week!
Rae

Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,897,377 times
Rae have a wonderful visit-see you when you get back.

Last night i gave in a had a teaspoon of stuffing from the chicken buffet and a tiny bit of that crispy skin. Felt and tasted yummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals