Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times

Advertisements

AiAngel-I love cottage cheese and top it with spinach salad and lite Caesar dressing for lunch or an avocado.

Shannon don't skip breakfast tho-gets your metabolism going-I usually have yogurt and fresh fruit.

Lunch-a few spoons of cottage cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,673,008 times
A lot of the time, I work right thru lunch without realizing it!!! I know this is not good, and now I do try to set a time for lunch and eat a small amount, even if I am not hungry, just to keep my blood sugar level....and I am cutting out drinking so much sweet tea!!! Have already ditched the Pepsi and now they taste salty to me...

Old 09-11-2009, 11:15 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,819 times
Good morning everyone...wow...what a group!

I agree with everyone who said it's not a diet, but a life change!

I get a lot of flack from my sisters because I'm always asking someone if they want to split a meal when we go out. I can eat just about anything I want (within reason), just a lesser amount.

I did WW for so long, that I don't actually have to write everything down like I did at first...I pretty much know how much I'm allowed, and I try to stick to that.

One thing that does help me though, is to figure out the night before what I'll eat the next day, and I write that down...that way I'm not standing infront of the fridge wondering what to eat...which could lead me to put just about anything in my mouth!

Another thing I do...and I know a lot won't agree with this...but it's absolutely necessary for me to weigh myself each morning. That way if I'm up a pound or two, I know that that day I have to be extra careful.

I tried the Silk Soy Milk today in my coffee...French Vanilla Creamer it's not, but I think with some minor adjustments it will do the trick! It doesn't make my coffee as light, or as sweet, but it seemed just as creamy! Jeannie, I think I'll try some of your raw sugar in it next! I know this will be a healthier change all the way around! Thanks for your help!

I hope everyone has a great day...thanks to everyone for sharing...this thread has been such a help to me!

So far this morning I've just had my cup of coffee and a plout! Not sure about the rest of the day yet, so I'll check back....

Later...

Old 09-11-2009, 12:03 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,490,809 times
younglisa - I agree, it's easier to keep on track if you write everything down. It makes me think before I take a big bite of anything.

carmac - I like the idea of planning what you are going to eat the next day. I know that I will always have my salad for lunch, so on Sunday night I make 3 salads (mon, tues wed) then on wed I make 2 more (thurs friday). If I make 5 ahead they get too soggy. This way at work when everyone is deciding what they are having for lunch and the temptation of fast food is there, I won't give in.

I weigh myself each morning too. I can't help it. Luckily it has been lowering each day even if it's only 3 or 4 ounces.

aiangel - try cottage cheese. It's pretty good. If I want the sweet effect I will put some pineapple tidbits in it. If I don't want it sweet I just put black pepper on it. It's So good!

villagelife - I agree it isn't dieting but a change in your life. One of my previous boss's said when I was dieting...."stop dieting and make a plan to have this be a way of life. You need to change how you eat." I agree. Haven't always followed it, but I am trying.

laceyex - cottage cheese on a bagel sound delicious...will have to try it, never thought of that before.

Ok for the run down....same as always.
2 egg white with two pieces of turkey bacon. (doubled it this morning so I can have some tomorrow morning too.

mid morning
7 triscuits with a piece of lean turkey

lunch -
eating my salad right now.

Going to two movies when I get off work with the DH. Taking an apple and a granola bar in the movie so as not to eat that movie POPCORN.
Step daughter works at the movies, so we see all the movies for free. Sometimes we go to three in a row.
Today we are seeing "All about Steven and "I can do bad all by myself" (new Tyler Perry movie)

Ok so I better get back to work.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:44 PM

Chickrae...I love cottage cheese with pepper! I'm still trying to find Lacey's 1% cottage cheese.

Todays Lunch...

Turkey Wrap...
whole wheat low carb tortilla (1pt)
7 thin slices deli turkey (1pt)
1/4 avacaco (2pts)
1 slice 2% cheese (1pt)

Lays Baked BBQ chips (2pts)

Lisa...how do you make your zucchini? It sounds wonderful! It wasn't until you mentioned it that I realized I don't fry very much anymore either! Just wish it would cool off here so I can use the oven again! It was 106 yesterday, but it's a tad cooler today...it was 99.9 at 12:30...so we'll see!

Old 09-11-2009, 03:58 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,415,796 times
Change of plans again, lol. I made a "monster" pot of lentil stew/soup. It's too thick to be just soup. I have a problem when I make soups and salads. It's called the expanding pot/bowl syndrome. I start out with a small pot or bowl and by the time I am finished slicing and dicing I have to transfer everything to a bigger pot or a bowl that can hold all the food I made.

aiangel- I am not a huge fan of cottage cheese but I can do it with fruit. I like the low fat kind(fat free is yucky to me) and then I add fruit. Cantaloupe is very good with cottage cheese. I also like light canned peaches or pears in their natural juice, add to some cottage cheese, and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. It's very loose but it has a sweetness I can handle.

Judi was talking about cc and tomato on bagels. I love cream cheese and tomatoes on bagels with a little salt and a lot of pepper. Yum.

carmac- I wash the zucchini, slice it into 1/2" discs, dip in an egg batter and bread with Italian seasoned bread crumbs. The oven is preheated to 400°. I spray the pan with a "pam" spray and put the breaded slices in a single layer on the pan. Spray a little "pam" on top of zucchini. Bake 10 minutes ans flip over, spray again and bake 5-10 minutes more.

I know it is too hot for you too use the oven have you ever used a toaster oven? When Mike and I traveled I used a toaster oven for everything and I could cook outside and not heat up the motor home. It was great and it used less electric than a full sized oven. I was also not allowed to cook fish, onions, or cabbage inside the motor home, lol.

Great tips ladies. Thanks for the ideas.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,415,796 times
I forgot a couple of things.

aiangel was talking about sweet tea. I don't drink sweet tea but I have been making a big batch(1/2 gallon) of peppermint tea. I use 2 tea bags and boil the water in the pot. It gives it enough flavor and I don't miss the sugar.

I was going to ask about the soy milk. I have a thyroid problem and I've heard soy is bad for me. Does anyone know?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
carmac- I wash the zucchini, slice it into 1/2" discs, dip in an egg batter and bread with Italian seasoned bread crumbs. The oven is preheated to 400°. I spray the pan with a "pam" spray and put the breaded slices in a single layer on the pan. Spray a little "pam" on top of zucchini. Bake 10 minutes ans flip over, spray again and bake 5-10 minutes more.
Thanks Lisa...I tried to rep you, but I have to pass it around! Yes, I have a toaster oven, so I'll give it a try! Have a great weekend!

Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM

72,427 posts, read 18,210,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
AiAngel-I love cottage cheese and top it with spinach salad and lite Caesar dressing for lunch or an avocado.

Shannon don't skip breakfast tho-gets your metabolism going-I usually have yogurt and fresh fruit.

Lunch-a few spoons of cottage cheese.
Thanks for the idea! I'll try it!

Old 09-11-2009, 04:46 PM

72,427 posts, read 18,210,652 times
Carmac that turkey wrap looks healthy!

YL need to find that out about soymilk and thyroid.

Lunch time I had steamed sliced chicken pieces with ginger and garlic sauce,pretty popular with the Chinese eateries here,then with some sliced steamed carrots with the same flavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals