Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:39 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times

Advertisements

Good morning! What a great group we have here and everyone is contributing so much for all of us. For me, it started with trying to cut out the foods I believed were just not good for me in the long run. What may work for some is just to start cutting things out a little at a time. Portion control, and then just as important, exercise. Exercise can be just taking a nice walk for some of us. Everyone has a different exercise level. I think I've conquered everything except portion control. Now, I go to the gym, I know how many calories I burn, and average that into my daily intake. That has really been working for me. In the long run Judi is right. It shouldn't be about dieting, more so a lifestyle change for all of us. So, what is on everyone's schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......breakfast will be my oatmeal with blueberries and soymilk......happy Friday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,462,175 times
Good morning everyone. Wow we have quite a group now.

When I am being "good" I count calories and write everything down. After doing that for awhile I know how much I can eat and still lose. I seem to get into trouble when I stop writing down what I eat and weighing my food. If I eat about 1200 calories a day I can lose. It is also easier for me to lose when I cut out extra bread and carbs.

Well all Mike and I are off to Greensboro, NC today. There is an RV and Camping show and we are looking to downsize. It is going to be a really long day. Oh yeah and my DH misses Dunkin Donuts and I hear there is one on exit 192. Guess who is going to be bad today.

Other than a donut and black coffee I have no idea what we will be eating today. I will bring some fruit in the car and some water.

Have a great day.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 AM

What a difference one phone call makes. No show today. Our paver just called and they are coming today to do our curbs on the driveway.

Looks like we will do the show tomorrow.

Food changes.

Oatmeal with apples, raisins, and cinnamon for breakfast.

Oven fried zucchini for lunch.

Greek salad for dinner.

Snacks I have yogurt and cantaloupe.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:33 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,682,827 times
Good morning everyone...it is raining like crazy here, started yesterday and will continue for several days... a sure sign Fall is here for us!

Today I have to catch up on laundry. Do a 30 minute house boogie as I call it then hit the office.

Logging in water receipts and sending out late notices is on the agenda today. Not a fun day for sure.

Breakfast: my tummy is rumbling, I might have a piece of dry toast to settle it

Lunch ; Pimento and cheese on whole wheat home made lemonade

Friday night is usually my night off from cooking. So it is anything goes in this household as the whole clan finds their way here. I feel chicken noodle soup will be my dinner tonight. Sinuses are bothering me so the infection is still here. Now, I just got to get off my bum and make the soup!

Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post

I feel chicken noodle soup will be my dinner tonight. Sinuses are bothering me so the infection is still here. Now, I just got to get off my bum and make the soup!
Have you ever tried a neti pot for your sinuses? It's a saline solution and it goes in one side of your nose and out the other side. It really helps to clear you out.

They also make a bottle which is easier to use. I feel like I'm drowning from the pot.

NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Makers of Sinus Rinse, NasaFlo Netipot, Nasal Irrigation

Old 09-11-2009, 07:59 AM

Hi Lisa,

yes, I have a neti pot and it does make all the difference in the world. I know what you mean about the 'drowning' feeling. I also keep a pot of water simmering on the stove to add moisture into the air.

Whatever this is, it has hit the whole area and many have been sick with it. It takes a while to get rid of. DH had it and it actually turned into bronchittis with him. He is still not feeling as good as he should and it has been 3 weeks. My ds and I went to Dr. on a Friday, then that Sunday I took DH and a week and a half later had to take him back.

The flu has been in all the area schools and at first we were afraid it was the flu, but thankfully it was not.

OK, so far I have had one cup of coffee and that has actually helped. Now I feel hungry and think I will have an egg and toast.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,888,470 times
Morning all-yes te neti is awesome and helps-of course mine is safe at home in MN while I'm here.

Breakfast-a delicious everything bagel w/low fat cottage cheese and worth every bite.

Lunch-probably none-

Dinner I'm making chicken and rice for the brood-and when I say "Army size" portions I mean it.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:26 AM

OK, CONFESSION HERE>.....

I've never tasted cottage cheese....can someone give me an idea of what it tastes like??/??

I've been so put off by how it looks that I never ventured enough nerve to try it

Old 09-11-2009, 08:50 AM

72,477 posts, read 18,229,368 times
Good morning everyone! what a great group!

I think we should change our mindset for eating,we are not dieting,we are changing a better way of eating,which is portion control. eating half of everything or a little more than half.

Aiangel I just started eating cottage cheese,there is no flavor but some brands have pinneaple pieces there,what I do is cut a few pieces of fruit in there.

I am having some cooked red beans and half a piece of toast, some grapes,vitamins.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:08 AM

656 posts, read 1,312,175 times
Good morning ladies,

I am going out to lunch today but i will be good....I'm gonna have a chicken salad. for dinner I will most likely have grilled chicken and veggies...so far this morning just had coffee! I actually did good yesterday yay! I think I might do what Lisa says and write down what i eat.

have a great day all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals