Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 AM

40 posts, read 225,076 times

Advertisements

It's really sad that I ask a question and people have to come in here and just get the whole thing turned around. All I wanted to know if there was one LIKE it. I did not want ask for any other opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 AM

198 posts, read 502,264 times
If you dont want to be around any of these negative opinionated people come out to Calvary Church in Irving www.calvarychurch.cc we will welcome you with open arms.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:06 AM

40 posts, read 225,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
If you dont want to be around any of these negative opinionated people come out to Calvary Church in Irving www.calvarychurch.cc we will welcome you with open arms.
Thanks! I'm looking at the website right now!!! Definitely will try it out.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,167 times
Natnic, I'd suggest The Village Church in Flower Mound. It is probably 10-15 minutes from you. The congregation is 9000+, with campuses across DFW. The preaching is the most sound doctrine you'll get here with music that is not a rock concert but comes straight from the Bible with a contemporary sound. check out [url=http://www.thevillagechurch.net]Welcome to The Village Church[/url].

Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 AM

4 posts, read 5,818 times
Default Solid preaching with contemporary music

Try Grace Outreach Center (Parker and Preston in Plano) or Prestonwood Baptist (Park and Midway). Although Baptist, it still had a nondenominational feel. Saturday nights are more "dress down" than Sundays.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBubbe View Post
Try Grace Outreach Center (Parker and Preston in Plano) or Prestonwood Baptist (Park and Midway). Although Baptist, it still had a nondenominational feel. Saturday nights are more "dress down" than Sundays.
Prestonwood has the same convention-center feel as Osteen's church.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 9,240 times
I disagree with bluescreen73 in their synopsis of ELC. It might not be everyone's style preference, but the teaching is comprehensive and solid. The comments about lining the pockets of a motivational speaker seem like someone's pessimistically skewed assumption, but I doubt that it is based on any review of the financial records. Here is an article if you are interested.

Elevate Life Church of Frisco plans to build 10-story cathedral | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Old 08-07-2010, 05:56 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mriddell View Post
I disagree with bluescreen73 in their synopsis of ELC. It might not be everyone's style preference, but the teaching is comprehensive and solid. The comments about lining the pockets of a motivational speaker seem like someone's pessimistically skewed assumption, but I doubt that it is based on any review of the financial records. Here is an article if you are interested.

Elevate Life Church of Frisco plans to build 10-story cathedral | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News
From the ELC website:

"Pastor Keith is much more than just a “pastor.” Before founding Elevate Life Church, Keith traveled 48 weeks a year, for almost twenty years as a motivational speaker and leadership strategist; and he continues to travel as much as his schedule allows."

Again, he's a motivational speaker who spreads a bunch of spiritual psychobabble at a church that puts the word of God at #4 on their list of priorities and money at #1.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:08 AM

352 posts, read 778,395 times
Im curious to know this as well.

Some of these churches while non denominational dont seem very diverse which is what lakewood is

Old 07-06-2017, 09:24 AM

787 posts, read 1,223,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post
Im curious to know this as well.

Some of these churches while non denominational dont seem very diverse which is what lakewood is
Covenant Church (original off Trinity Mills in Carrollton) is somewhat similar & also diverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas