Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrnarvaez View Post
hi iam from rusia and i want to find rusia comunities in dallas texas and i would like to know about the flooding areas , the black ice, the rain. i live in glendale california but now is to hard to buy a house but mi wife scared the weather in dallas texas thank you.
My wife and I moved here from L.A. As far as I know there is no large russian community here like you have in the Hollywood/West Hollywood areas of L.A. Like I tell other posters form California, Texas is not California with no beach and cheap housing. It's a different culture here and you should explore it by getting on a plane and spending some time here before you can seriously consider moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrnarvaez View Post
hi iam from rusia and i want to find rusia comunities in dallas texas and i would like to know about the flooding areas , the black ice, the rain. i live in glendale california but now is to hard to buy a house but mi wife scared the weather in dallas texas thank you.
For the weather, check the previous site for all weather patterns, i.e.,

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...rm-events.html

No where is any of this severe here!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 17,879 times
Do you happen to remember the name of this store?

Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 17,879 times
Omg me too did you find anybody? How are you trying to learn by your self? Maybe we can learn together!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,483,372 times
These guys might be a big help:
Russian Banya Family Day Spa / Dallas, Texas

Old 07-20-2008, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 8,806 times
The weather is not bad here. It's just really hot as mentioned above.

Also mentioned above is the Russian Banya Family Spa & Cafe. It regularly hosts events and discos and the Russian turnout is always high. I am an American and have become like family here. There are always many Russians there on the weekends..

It is owned and run by Russians. 214.483.5050 is you want more info. Russian Banya Family Day Spa / Dallas, Texas is the website.

This coming Friday (July 25th 2008) they are having a disco. Americans are always welcomed and encouraged to attend these events..There are always plenty of Russians.

They hosted a UFC watch party last night and the reaction was to DIE FOR! It rocked. I love this place.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 8,239 times
Default New Russian / Ukraine Meetup Group (1st Event in August)

There is a new meetup group forming for couple and singles who are from Russia, Ukraine and surrounding countries. The group can be found at:

Russian / Ukraine Couple and Singles Group (Denton, TX) - Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/RUS-UA - broken link)

Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 8,134 times
theres a russian resturant in arlington where alot of rusians go its called taste of europe its located at 1901 w pioneer prkway arlington tx they have great food and alot of russian gifts a russian grocery and deli you should try there

Old 08-07-2009, 02:31 PM

5 posts, read 17,289 times
for some reason my reply didnt post so if this post 2 times then im sorri! I go to the Orthodox church in Dallas and there is a Russian community there plus I also go to the grocery store on coit in Plano area they have a nice deli there! i also have Russian programming on my television i called Direct TV 866-602-6008 promo code:OSR270 I pay around 60$ a month and get several russian channels and I think that is everywhere not just here in Dallas because my relative has it in Baltimore also, I got the info from her and called and asked for the Russian package. Hope you have a nice move and enjoy Dallas!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:29 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
quite a few Russian (or that area) moved to Euless several years ago
that is the Tarrant county side
don't know if they are still living there or have moved on but there were many Russian children in the elementary schools for a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas