Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:51 PM

27 posts, read 101,451 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I just wanted to extend a big thanks for all the advice and support I have received from this site! We will finally be in Texas by the first of August. Leaving Japan, for the last time.
I have done a lot of research on the Rockwall community, and I feel it is a great place to raise a family, and it seems to be growing. We are going to look for Real Esate soon. I love the idea of the concerts by the lake. It must be a big hit, as they have extended the concerts for another 8 weeks! ARe there any Rockwall residents on this board? My children will be attending Amanda Rochell, and we will be signing up for youth football soon!
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 07:13 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times
Rockwall is a very nice place, I think you will like it there. I grew up across the lake in Rowlett from the mid 1980's until the early 90's. My husband and I have a close friend who lives in Rockwall with his 14 year old son.

Even though Rockwall has grown by leaps and bounds it sill has that old fashion slow pace to it. I've seen people express concern because Rockwall is conservative area. No area is immune, but there isn't as much of a problem with teens getting involved with sex/drugs/alcohol.

Drill Team/Cheer is hugely popular for girls, and its a good way to make friends.

The lake is a very popular for boating, fishing, etc.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Thank you for your reply..

I am very excited to make the move. I have two young children ages 8 and 11, a boy and girl. I am hoping ot keep my daughter in sports, soccer is her fave! My son is also very active in sports, football, baseball and soccer. Eventually, I will start working, buy a house, and fall in love with Texas!

Old 06-30-2007, 12:49 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmile13 View Post
I am very excited to make the move. I have two young children ages 8 and 11, a boy and girl. I am hoping ot keep my daughter in sports, soccer is her fave! My son is also very active in sports, football, baseball and soccer. Eventually, I will start working, buy a house, and fall in love with Texas!

Your kids will love it, youth sports are popular across the state. Another one of my friends has her three boys in little league. Parents are very involved here, and you will always see parents at the games cheering their kids on. Most middle schools have a football team, and sometimes volleyball of soft ball for the girls. All high schools have football, most offer baseball and basketball as well. Some high schools even have a Lacross team.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,694 times
We too will be heading for Rockwall on Aug. 1. from Pleasanton, Ca. I'll like to say we researched where to live carefully, but the truth is, our niece is having her third child any day now, and my wife will be taking care of the baby when her niece returns to work. My wife is a California native, and I've been in the Bay Area since I was 14 (arrived in 1968 from Indiana, the Summer of Love.) We've taken 4 year old Tyler to his first soccer game, and 2 year old Makenzie to gymnastics. Although we are a couple of decades removed from being young parents ourselves, I was very impressed by the friendly and family oriented folks in the Rockwall area. Now if we can only sell the house in Cali...

Old 07-01-2007, 04:03 AM

HI Califlower! I am also a Native California gal ( meaning 22 years in San Diego)! I will be staying with my sister unitl I find work and a new home for our family. I love the idea that I have flexibility to stay somewhere and check out the area. I am 43, have two children 8 and 11, and we are all excited to be able to experience Texas. I was born in Corpus, so maybe my true Texan blood will grasp the new lifestyle! Hubby is staying in Japan to finish up his Navy career, he will join us in March of 08. Good luck on your move, I will be there the first week of Aug as well! Good luck to your family! maybe we will bump into each other someday!

Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 PM

96 posts, read 315,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by califlower View Post
We too will be heading for Rockwall on Aug. 1. from Pleasanton, Ca. I'll like to say we researched where to live carefully, but the truth is, our niece is having her third child any day now, and my wife will be taking care of the baby when her niece returns to work. My wife is a California native, and I've been in the Bay Area since I was 14 (arrived in 1968 from Indiana, the Summer of Love.) We've taken 4 year old Tyler to his first soccer game, and 2 year old Makenzie to gymnastics. Although we are a couple of decades removed from being young parents ourselves, I was very impressed by the friendly and family oriented folks in the Rockwall area. Now if we can only sell the house in Cali...
We too are trying to sell our house in So. CA to move to Texas. I have been to Texas two times but still not sure were we want to call home. We so want to get out of CA. ( Don't worry we will leave the CA mindset back in CA) We are looking for a better quality of life. My hasband has a job waiting for him in Dallas as soon as we can sell our home. We would like to live East of Dallas and have room for horses. Were would everyone recomend to raise a family.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:31 PM

141 posts, read 686,208 times
rockwall, or parts of it anyway you could probably have horses, you may need to check out fate or royse city if you want more land. they are just a little farther east from rockwall but still close to dallas.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:44 PM

96 posts, read 315,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasorbust View Post
We too are trying to sell our house in So. CA to move to Texas. I have been to Texas two times but still not sure were we want to call home. We so want to get out of CA. ( Don't worry we will leave the CA mindset back in CA) We are looking for a better quality of life. My hasband has a job waiting for him in Dallas as soon as we can sell our home. We would like to live East of Dallas and have room for horses. Were would everyone recomend to raise a family.
We sold our home in CA and bought a home in Royce City. The address is Royce City but it is closer to Rockwall than Royce City. We will be in Texas Sept 1, 2007. Packing the house here in CA. Can not believe of all the stuff(crap) we have.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 AM

141 posts, read 686,208 times
Welcome to Texas, I think you will like it in the Royse City, Rockwall area.
My kids are gown, but this is a really good place to raise kids. with boating on the lake and if you have room for horses, your kids will stay busy and out of trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas