Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM

912 posts, read 1,888,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Oh and Dallas is the anchor and core city of the DFW metroplex.

Dallas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[b][b]
But DFW airport is not in the city of Dallas. See, what makes Dallas the principle city of the metroplex is its marketing and shopping designations in both retail and wholesale trade. The city of Dallas, central Dallas in particular, is no longer at the center of the Metropolitan area. It is being pushed further away every day from that designation to the east and south. Downtown Dallas continues to be a shrinking office market. It no longer is the principle commercial shopping district of the metroplex. The commercial shopping districts now exist north of town in Preston Center, Northpark and in the Galleria areas.
Draw a line from Highland Park Village to the northeast to Northpark, from Northpark to the northwest to the Galleria, from the Galleria back to the south to Preston Center, and from Preston Center further to the south back to Highland Park Village. This is the new heart and soul of the Dallas - Fort Worth area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 AM

216 posts, read 444,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
But DFW airport is not in the city of Dallas. See, what makes Dallas the principle city of the metroplex is its marketing and shopping designations in both retail and wholesale trade. The city of Dallas, central Dallas in particular, is no longer at the center of the Metropolitan area. It is being pushed further away every day from that designation to the east and south. Downtown Dallas continues to be a shrinking office market. It no longer is the principle commercial shopping district of the metroplex. The commercial shopping districts now exist north of town in Preston Center, Northpark and in the Galleria areas.
Draw a line from Highland Park Village to the northeast to Northpark, from Northpark to the northwest to the Galleria, from the Galleria back to the south to Preston Center, and from Preston Center further to the south back to Highland Park Village. This is the new heart and soul of the Dallas - Fort Worth area.

This is a thread about The Cowboys and their stadium. Take your wacky shopping district schtick to another thread.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:58 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Matt lives in Tyler and doesn't like Dallas - so take him with a grain of salt - speaking of ghost towns, Matt....

Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Cowtown is Fort Worth.

Jones made a huge mistake moving the stadium to Arlington. Texas Stadium was an American icon and the Cowboys were America's team. Now he just ruined all of that. If he was going to move it anywhere it should of been to Fair Park where it was originally. Fair Park also has more capacity to hold an NFL team. The location in Arlington is bad too. The traffic will be terrible there and the area wasn't built for it. Also, Jones didn't move the Cowboys to Arlington to be Fort Worth's team anyway, and it will not be changing to Fort Worth Cowboys ever. It is you Fort Worth people who keeps trying to claim the Cowboys as your's. You do the same with the Rangers. Get over it. You can argue the Rangers is the metroplex's team but you can't do the same with the Cowboys. They belong to Dallas just like the Mavs and the Stars.
Apparently you ignored my post so I'm going to say this AGAIN.

STOP.... CRYING... OVER.... THE STADIUM'S LOCATION.

And dude, really, if you think Dallas is the ONLY imporant city in this area, than you must be smokin' something. Remember, everything that's coming to the Stadium was by effort of ALL North Texas cities. Not just Dallas.

Also, you're taking people in Tarrant County calling them the "Fort Worth Cowboys" THAT seriously? lol. Either you feel threatened by the thought, or you're just rubbing it in that Dallas is more well known. Either way, it's just sad and pathetic. If you wanna be a serious homer, that's fine, but don't get SO much full of you're town that you ignore basic facts. Though the Rangers are considered a "Dallas team", they've never been in the Dallas city limits or Dallas County. The Cowboys COULD have had the stadium back in Dallas, but YOUR city council and mayor spent more time arguing and couldn't get it done.

So call them DALLAS teams. Say that Fort Worth will never be on the level of Dallas ...... You STILL have to come to THIS SIDE of the Metroplex to see YOUR teams.

Last edited by JJG; 09-14-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,846,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Apparently you ignored my post so I'm going to say this AGAIN.

STOP.... CRYING... OVER.... THE STADIUM'S LOCATION.

And dude, really, if you think Dallas is the ONLY imporant city in this area, than you must be smokin' something. Remember, everything that's coming to the Stadium was by effort of ALL North Texas cities. Not just Dallas.

Also, you're taking people in Tarrant County calling them the "Fort Worth Cowboys" THAT seriously? lol. Either you feel threatened by the thought, or you're just rubbing it in that Dallas is more well known. Either way, it's just sad and pathetic. If you wanna be a serious homer, that's fine, but don't get SO much full of you're town that you ignore basic facts. Though the Rangers are considered a "Dallas team", they've never been in the Dallas city limits or Dallas County. The Cowboys COULD have had the stadium back in Dallas, but YOUR city council and mayor spent more time arguing and couldn't get it done.

So call them DALLAS teams. Say that Fort Worth will never be on the level of Dallas ...... You STILL have to come to THIS SIDE of the Metroplex to see YOUR teams.
Technically the Rangers are not a Dallas team and have never been considered exclusive to Dallas. The Rangers replaced the baseball team Dallas-Fort Worth Spurs and they where actually based in Fort Worth.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:59 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,006,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Matt lives in Tyler and doesn't like Dallas - so take him with a grain of salt - speaking of ghost towns, Matt....
Right, Downtown Tyler is a ghost town...

I'll be sure to get back with you on Friday night when all of the lights are on & the people are out on the Square.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 09-14-2010 at 01:08 PM..

Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
The Cowboys should disband? The Cowboys should move to another region? Are some of you serious or on drugs? Yeah, I'm sure the second most profitable and marketed sports franchise in the ENTIRE WORLD is going to disband or move because they've had a 15 year slump. All teams in all sports go through these kinds of dark periods.

As far as the stadium being in Arlington, it's just a stadium. I live as far east as you can in Dallas while still being in city limits, and I can still get to the Cowboys stadium in 15-20 minutes time without traffic. Whether you want to call Arlington a Dallas or Fort Worth suburb is irrelevant. It's still Dallas's team and it will be as long as they claim it. Hell, they could have built that stadium on top of the Tarrant County Courthouse in downtown Fort Worth and they would still be the Dallas Cowboys. The stadium is a monstrosity though, and I'll probably never go there for a game again. They should have moved back to Fair Park, and I'll continue to support the Cowboys from my couch.

At the end of the day, Jerry Jones is an unbelievable idiot and has made a career trying to ruin the Cowboys' name with bad decisions, but luckily they will be here long after he is. I, for one, look forward to that day. With that said, they're still Dallas's hometown team and I'm still a fan.
They spent more time touring the world than actually putting down time & energy on the practice field this year to make themselves a better team like the Texans who have never once in their 8 years as a team practiced outside of Reliant Stadium.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Technically the Rangers are not a Dallas team and have never been considered exclusive to Dallas. The Rangers replaced the baseball team Dallas-Fort Worth Spurs and they where actually based in Fort Worth.
Well say that to ESPN, because they've been screwin' that up for the past 30 years....

Old 09-14-2010, 01:31 PM

I've always heard the Rangers announced on sports as playing at the Ballpark in Arlington.

I'm glad the City of Arlington threatened a lawsuit against them for calling it Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Tx. Their extra tax dollars sure deserve it.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
So how would you feel about Longview vs. Tyler?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas