Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 PM

64 posts, read 222,122 times

Advertisements

Can your please share your experience with "APPLE ORTHODONTIX" or if you have any suggestions for "Orthodontist" who are kids friendly.

My insurance pretty much covers most of the doctors and they have a big list of Orthodontist around Plano/Frisco area.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
Folks, remember consumer complaints are not allowed, so if you have something negative to say, send the OP a DM.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
First- you don't want to drive all over the metroplex just to go to the ortho doc....so where are you located and that could narrow down your responses. I go to one in Garland- which was recommened to me by another CD user I we totally love them. We did go to Apple prior to the one we are at now and the one we use now was one thousand dollars cheaper. I have a co-worker that used Apple with her daughter in Rockwall and she seemed to love them. She did have one complaint about how the billing through insurance and her got messed up a few times. But other then that she was happy with the end results and the staff.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
I LOOOOOVE Dr. George and his office but that would not be convienent for you on that side of Plano. I recommend doing what I did, every single time you see a kid at your childs school, sports team, etc that has braces you ask them who their ortho is. I asked kids, teens and adults all the same thing every time I noticed they had braces. The overwhelming response was Dr. George for this area.

If this is for your kids then I can not stress how important it is to get one that is SUPER convinent to their school and they have good office hours for school kids. Granted, those good times are always the most popular with the school aged kids so they go first. You want to keep down the abscences, lates and early releases as much as possible. If they are really close by then you can get by with an appt that has you picking them up 10-20 minutes early or only being 10-20 minutes late instead of missing an entire hour or more. Then the times when they break their bands, spacers come out, etc. All pretty quick run by trips and they are so much easier to do if the ortho is close by.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:09 PM

64 posts, read 222,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
First- you don't want to drive all over the metroplex just to go to the ortho doc....so where are you located and that could narrow down your responses. I go to one in Garland
I am exactly in the border of Plano/Frisco, Do you also use Dr.George in Garland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I LOOOOOVE Dr. George and his office
Are you referring to Dr.Robert R.George, I also heard good about this office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
If this is for your kids then I can not stress how important it is to get one that is SUPER convinent to their school
I totally agree, I might still look around Plano/Frisco border, but if I don't get any other good orthos then I will check with Dr.George's office whether my 8th grader timing and his office timing works.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothisplace View Post
I am exactly in the border of Plano/Frisco, Do you also use Dr.George in Garland?

I totally agree, I might still look around Plano/Frisco border, but if I don't get any other good orthos then I will check with Dr.George's office whether my 8th grader timing and his office timing works.
Yes, Dr. Robert George. He opens at 8:00 am and closes at I believe 5:00. Friday's are either half days or they are closed. The 8 open is great for my kids when they are in middle school as they don't start class till 8:50. If I can get that coveted 8 time they can usually get to school before the bell rings

Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothisplace View Post

Yes, that is who I use as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas