Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
The people of South Dallas elected Carolyn Davis and IMO she's far worse than JWP. He's at least TRYING to accomplish something.
I suggest you look at a map.

JWP's District 3 covers a HUGE chunk of South Dallas.

http://www.johnwileyprice.com/district-general.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Put yourself in a black person shoes "Would you want a white person referring to you as "Chief Mullah" an unfamiliar word.
Apparently just about any word that is more than one syllable, like blackhole, is unfamiliar and offensive to him.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 AM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOAPRESIDENT View Post
"You are white. Go to Hell."

I'm pretty sure that quote means he doesn't represent white people.
But..but.. he's "OUR man downtown". You mean he's not the man downtown for the whites and Hispanics of his district? Shocked, I tell you, shocked!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I grew up with black friends and some white racist relatives -- never heard that one! I asked one of my friends just a few minutes ago and he said he hadn't either. JWP said that Spike Lee (in town at The Nasher) agreed, but I have yet to see him on camera or in writing confirming that..

Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Today, local Islamic community leaders announced they will hold a news conference this Friday at Dallas City Hall near the Reflecting Pool at 11 a.m. to denounce Turner's use of the word.
The following is a statement from Thomas Muhammad a local Muslim activist.
"When will this stop! Why does it appear these days people are constantly either attacking my faith or using my faith to attack people of other faiths? Ask yourself what do you think would happen to Turner had he used "Chief Rabbi" in his attacks on John Wiley Price? And why didn't he?
"Commissioner Price is not a Muslim so why would this guy use an Islamic label to attack Commissioner Price who by the way is a life long Christian? It's so obvious Turner knew exactly why he used this term it's also so obvious he has no respect for Muslims. And he and other right wing conservatives will continue to misuse our faith unless we stand up and say in loud voices STOP!"

Local Dallas County Muslims outraged over 'Chief Mullah' remark at county commission meeting | City Hall Blog | dallasnews.com

Old 02-16-2011, 01:47 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Do you think the white people ought to hold a news conference since they were told to go to hell?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:02 PM

I urge everyone to go look at the video uncut and not be swayed by the media. The opponents made some very disturbing comments and even tried to go after the man. "Yes" they where tea baggers who seem to love poking fun at Muslims and their faith and the tea baggers mission were very clear. Y'all can be critical of Mr. Price all you want but that man is from the old school and grew up in a very different America than what I did. The crowd resembled tea bagger crowds. He should have acted with more restraint as a public official. The judge also is at fought for allowing it to escalate to that point. Mr. Price did not scream at them or lose his composure as the media has been reporting. He actually was very calm in telling them to "Go to hell".

Old 02-16-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Do you think the white people ought to hold a news conference since they were told to go to hell?
Judging from the uncut video he was telling the tea baggers to go to hell not white America. He stated he was not going to sit there and be insulted and humiliated. The judge allowed the tea baggers to continue to insult the guy but when Mr. Price lost his restraint and told them to "Go to hell" than the judge decided to end the meeting. I don't condemn Mr. Price actions but I am no fool and it’s very evident what was going on at that meeting.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:13 PM

419 posts, read 998,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I urge everyone to go look at the video uncut and not be swayed by the media. The opponents made some very disturbing comments and even tried to go after the man. "Yes" they where tea baggers who seem to love poking fun at Muslims and their faith and the tea baggers mission were very clear. Y'all can be critical of Mr. Price all you want but that man is from the old school and grew up in a very different America than what I did. The crowd resembled tea bagger crowds. He should have acted with more restraint as a public official. The judge also is at fought for allowing it to escalate to that point. Mr. Price did not scream at them or lose his composure as the media has been reporting. He actually was very calm in telling them to "Go to hell".
I agree. They were being obnoxious, disrespectful, rowdy and certainly baiting him. On the flip side, as a public official, he is supposed to have thick skin and respond with measured restraint. He didn't yell "go to hell." But just the fact that he said it was shocking.

Neither JWP or the crowd acted like they should in the Commissioners Court.

Last edited by HOAPRESIDENT; 02-16-2011 at 02:40 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOAPRESIDENT View Post
I agree. They were being obnoxious, disrespectful, rowdy and certainly baiting him. He didn't yell "go to hell." But just the fact that he said it was shocking. On the flip side, as a public official, he is supposed to have thick skin and respond with measured restraint.

Neither JWP or the crowd acted like they should in the Commissioners Court.
Its the judge responsibility to control the people and he definitely dropped the ball. Its Mr. Price fought for not acting with more restraint. He could have easily turned to the judge and told the judge to get the situtation under control or simply got up and left. Public opinion would have been swayed in his favor. The attention would have instead been on the radical tea party movement that feel they have the right to disrespect everyone that doesn't share there agenda and values.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 02-16-2011 at 02:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas