Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:28 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times

Advertisements

I know St. John's well. I went to school in Grosse Pointe, but am really a Henry Ford Hospital boy. Parkland is just like Receiving. Actually, it's better run and better funded, but bigger, quite bigger.

Grapevine is doable as is Preston Hollow (possibly) with magnet schools if kids test in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 AM

333 posts, read 639,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMom2TxMom View Post
Speaking of dangerous...the next rumor...Snakes, scorpians, wild boars and worse yet...water bugs ie **** roaches...are they as terrible as eveyone has made it sound? When we did a walk through at my husbands office I moved a chair and out popped a ginormous roach..the VP laughed and said everything is bigger in TX....this was a beautiful clean office...I am totally fixated on them now...
Hahaha as long as you stay in the city, you will be fine. Waterbugs aren't that bad but I do remember them being by our pool when I was a kid.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacemm View Post
Hahaha as long as you stay in the city, you will be fine. Waterbugs aren't that bad but I do remember them being by our pool when I was a kid.
They're roaches, not waterbugs. Not as bad here as say the ones exposed to gamma rays in Houston, those were scary.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:18 PM

24 posts, read 37,805 times
Giving Ganongrey a hug..yay someone from Grosse Pointe...all my husbands fam & my family are still there =) I could do Receiving like..thanks for the info =)

Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM

I still have the scars from Liggett.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:33 PM

Dh and I are both GPS ghetto =)

Realtor sent me links for Fort Worth with Keller mailing...not impressed...Perhaps I am looking for too much

Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey View Post
I know St. John's well. I went to school in Grosse Pointe, but am really a Henry Ford Hospital boy. Parkland is just like Receiving. Actually, it's better run and better funded, but bigger, quite bigger.

Grapevine is doable as is Preston Hollow (possibly) with magnet schools if kids test in.
Preston Hollow on that budget? No.

Disney Streets maybe.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:02 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Preston Hollow on that budget? No.

Disney Streets maybe.
Not Disney Streets either. Sparkman Club Estates in 75229 could be a possibility as WT White is a strong high school.....but I get the vibe that OP wants a big/new home and DISD/ city of Dallas is not going to be a good fit for their home expectations.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMom2TxMom View Post
Dh and I are both GPS ghetto =)

Realtor sent me links for Fort Worth with Keller mailing...not impressed...Perhaps I am looking for too much
I always thought South was the nicer of the two campuses. Well Highland Park and University Park are basically the Pointes of Dallas. Not really sure what the analog to Bloomfield or Birmingham would be here.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM

Turltle..Also- don't forget the cost to heat and cool a home that is "BIGGER & BETTER"....we run our A/C about 6-7 months a year in the Dallas area and the bills can be $500-1,000/mo in the summer depending on how large & well insulated your home is and how many A/C zones you have.

Wow..that caused some serious sticker shock!! Another person in my husbands office mentioned gas cooling and that it is less expensive? Is anyone familiar with this? Is it like cooking with gas vs electric?

Another thing one of his co workers mentioned was looking into foreclosures and short sales..now here in mi there are 3 on my block alone has anyone had any experience or advice about this? Again..time isn't really on our side in the sense that I honestly don't want to rent and move my daughter a 2nd time.

Again, thanks for any advice or insight =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas