Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times

Advertisements

I would do Dallas Aquarium since you have limited time. You can see the Aquarium in 2-3 hours, but the zoo is more of an all day thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Lewisville and Flower Mound, to me, are just OK, and again, your husband will have to drive through the road construction every day.

Are just ok in terms of what?

Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMom2TxMom View Post
We fly Wed night and are staying in Las Colinas for a week..Think daughter and I should just drive to the mentioned areas and look around first? Or plan our trip with the realtor *which is what she would like to do* ?

Also with limited time:
Would you take the 12 year old to...

Dallas Aquarium

or

Ft Worth Zoo

Thanks as always for your wonderful and insightful advice =)

Six Flags!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:03 PM

198 posts, read 508,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Hey, as long as the Michigan polititians don't all migrate to Texas and successfully campaign for office, we should be ok
Kwamee Kilpatrick tried! At least the migration part. He's where he belongs now.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 AM

24 posts, read 37,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhtex View Post
Kwamee Kilpatrick tried! At least the migration part. He's where he belongs now.
Love it!!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 AM

198 posts, read 508,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMom2TxMom View Post
Love it!!
I'll bet Kwamee's lovin it too!

We made the move from MI in the summer of 07 with an 8th grader and 10th grader. I can't believe we're on our 4th year already. Now my son's in college and my daughter graduates from HS next year. My wife is flying back from MI Wednesday too from visiting with her sick brother, maybe you'll be on the same flight!
Good luck on your visit and move and if you end up anywhere near Prosper we need euchre partners!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM

Thank grhtex...love euchre!!!

We did the aquarium today...we enjoyed it =) I <3 Texas...My 12 year old is wilting..she hates the heat..don't have the heart to tell her it's going to get worse..just yet =)

Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 PM

80 posts, read 195,104 times
Just wanted to welcome you to TX. I moved here from MI 2.5 years ago from Ann Arbor area. I actually work in Las Colinas - 161 area - and live in Frisco. The commute has good days and bad. On average, my commute is about 40 minutes. I don't mind the drive because I love Frisco and its amenities. Everything's so close from grocery stores to gourmet shops to malls and other big box retailers and parks/entertainment.

The best thing we could have done was move here. We've found that our money goes further, in spite of the higher sales tax and property taxes.

We've settled in and find that our family back in MI love to come down and visit so having lots of space for houseguests is key.

Again, welcome and good luck with your move!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShinyface View Post

Again, welcome and good luck with your move!
Thank you!! We are loving it!!! We have looked a lot in flower mound so far...like it..but still looking...maybe keller the next day or two....then back to mi for me till memorial day=(

Old 04-05-2011, 12:20 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
North Keller has more properties for horses, off of Johnson Rd and Mt Giliad area. Very pretty lots of trees etc...
We really like Keller and the schools are very solid. However as with most public schools in the area we are in budget crisis mode. Cutbacks and a tax increase are on the horizon.

Not sure about your commute though..I live of Rufe Snow and it took me about an hour to get home from Coppell HS the other evening at 6pm! Consrtuction on 114/121 is a MESS!!

Coppell would be best for commute... you can also look at Valley Ranch a big portion is zoned for Coppell schools.

What is your budget? I don't remember seeing it in your criteria.

Flowermound has the places for horses etc...but again the commute might not be what you envisioned.

Have you looked at Eulass? There is a section that is zoned Grpaevine schools (very good).zip 76039
North of Midcities blvd by DFW airport
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas