Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Ah, so YOU'RE the one always playing Streisand on the jukebox!

That's cool, though, that we have similar tastes in bars. I'm sure we've unknowingly run into each other before.
No, it's usually 80s pop with a little funk, disco and rock and roll...I'll have to see if they have Streisand, that would really drive them crazy...not sure I could stand that either, unless maybe it's "Stoney End".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 AM

35 posts, read 100,958 times
I know I'm a newbie here, but I gotta say that I'm pretty disappointed with some of the replies to this thread. Thanks to the first few people who actually attempted to answer my question. Besides that, many users' replies have little to do with the original topic and seem to have been posted for the sole purpose of starting arguments, especially this one by loves2read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Situations like this make all the drunk driving problems around here somewhat understandable. It even seems somewhat irresponsible of the city to not have a safe way for drunk people to get home from bars.

Actually it is against the law to serve people enough liquor to make them "drunk"--legally.
A bartender/waitress is suppose to monitor the condition of people they are serving and stop giving them more to drink when they become intoxicated. It is called "overserved".
Unfortunately most bars/clubs don't follow that rule--
If you are old enough to drink that implies you have enough common sense not to abuse alcohol.
When my daughter and her friends would go out to West End or Stockyards when they were in college and after they had a designated driver--
and that person had two drinks and then nothing alcoholic for rest of evening--
Yes--I guess you would say that is a sacrifice--and it was so they took turns doing it.

I don't know why tax payers should subsidize your desire to get drunk--if you can afford to drink that much take a cab...
Alright Mr."I take things way more literally than people mean for them to be", I appreciate the irrelevant lesson in unused laws and the explanation of how using a designated driver works, but that has nothing to do with the question/topic.

Tax payers should subsidize my desire to get drunk (as you put it) for two reasons. First of all because they value their safety, and second of all because they value the business and therefore the sales revenue and tax dollars that my desire to get drunk provides for the city.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Guy View Post
Thanks to the first few people who actually attempted to answer my question. Besides that, many users' replies have little to do with the original topic and seem to have been posted for the sole purpose of starting arguments

Your post is a perfect summation of every single thread ever created on this forum.

Welcome to City-Data. Enjoy your stay.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 AM

35 posts, read 100,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Your post is a perfect summation of every single thread ever created on this forum.

Welcome to City-Data. Enjoy your stay.
Haha thanks for the honesty, I gave you some rep points for the good reply! Well at least now I know what to expect! Don't get me wrong, I'm always down for some good forum trolling or a good debate, but you should at least try to make your posts relevant to the topic and try not to look so desperate to start an argument.

That loves2read guy looks like a veteran member on here, I would've at least expected his attempted argument-starting reply to be a bit more clever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas