Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 AM

645 posts, read 988,985 times

Advertisements

NC Resident throwing on the Royal Blue and backing the Mavericks for the NBA Finals.

(Please folks - enough of all this talk about Lebron being better than the greatest of all time! MJ is and will always be the King!).

Go Mavs!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 08:49 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
Good luck tonight!!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM

695 posts, read 1,447,703 times
Go Mavs!

Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
they blew it last night
and now with Dirk having torn tendon in his off hand there is question there about reliability
Jason Terry failed to come through and the bench as a whole was lackluster
if they don't get their heads/bodies in this series for the next 5 games it is 2006 all over--only worse--

Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
they blew it last night
and now with Dirk having torn tendon in his off hand there is question there about reliability
Jason Terry failed to come through and the bench as a whole was lackluster
if they don't get their heads/bodies in this series for the next 5 games it is 2006 all over--only worse--
I'm starting to lean towards a sweep, especially if/when the Mavs lose tomorrow. Putting LeBron on Jason Terry was VERY smart by Coach Spoelstra. Shut down Terry, and the Mavs offense starts dwindling.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Tough game to watch last night. Mavs weren't themselves. I'll give credit to the Heat's defense - they did a good job stiffling Dirk and Mavs bench. Really painful watching the 3rd - starting off good, but ended abysmally with Lebron burying 2 3s. That 3 at the buzzer stung!

Sure enuff - if Dirk keeps missing the open/easy shot and the Heat's bench continues to outperform the Mavs bench - these Finals will indeed be over quick. Personally, I don't believe this will be a sweep by any means. Fact is, Mavs played poorly, but still only lost by 8. I think Mavs will look like their old selves tomorrow night. Hopefully, Big D will deal with the finger issue and he and Terry will get their groove back.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
Tough game to watch last night. Mavs weren't themselves. I'll give credit to the Heat's defense - they did a good job stiffling Dirk and Mavs bench. Really painful watching the 3rd - starting off good, but ended abysmally with Lebron burying 2 3s. That 3 at the buzzer stung!

Sure enuff - if Dirk keeps missing the open/easy shot and the Heat's bench continues to outperform the Mavs bench - these Finals will indeed be over quick. Personally, I don't believe this will be a sweep by any means. Fact is, Mavs played poorly, but still only lost by 8. I think Mavs will look like their old selves tomorrow night. Hopefully, Big D will deal with the finger issue and he and Terry will get their groove back.

And Bosh shot 5-18, Mike Bibby missed four wide open three pointers, etc. Heat played no where near a perfect game either. They just have the two best players in the series to make up for that. And losing by 8 in the Finals isn't that bad, but it's not that good either, IMO. It is the Finals after all and not the first round.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
And Bosh shot 5-18, Mike Bibby missed four wide open three pointers, etc. Heat played no where near a perfect game either. They just have the two best players in the series to make up for that. And losing by 8 in the Finals isn't that bad, but it's not that good either, IMO. It is the Finals after all and not the first round.

Fair enough, Trae. This game should have been a lot closer - in fact, I really believe the Mavs should have won. That 3rd Qtr went from gold to fools gold real fast. Despite the hiccups at the end of the first half - Mavs came out strong to start the second. But, then it fizzled.

IMO, I would argue that the Heat DID play their game. DWade and Lebron are usually good for 46-48 pts combined and Bosh is typically good for 15-18. This is about where they ended up last night.

Heat also outperformed (IMO) in (1) hitting 3s - Heat made lots of 3s in last night's game (Agreed that it is uncharacteristic for Bibby to go nofer BUT Lebron hit 4 last night and Chalmers hit 3! Miller had a couple. Even DWade - who's not a good outside shooter, evened out at 50%) AND (2) bench production. Mavs bench CANNOT produce only 17 points and win. Mavs bench is their strength - and they got outscored 27-17. Actually - Heat also played a great game defensively AND they closed out the 4th Qtr - typically, a point of weakness for them. In contrast, Mavs flat out played poorly.

Dirk played okay in the 4th - hoping that's a good sign that the finger won't bother him too much. If they can take the next game, things look real good for Game 3. I can't imagine Terry, JJ, and Peja stay down for too long.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM

6 posts, read 8,903 times
Mavs should be better Thurs.. I saw them just not get on track.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
Fair enough, Trae. This game should have been a lot closer - in fact, I really believe the Mavs should have won. That 3rd Qtr went from gold to fools gold real fast. Despite the hiccups at the end of the first half - Mavs came out strong to start the second. But, then it fizzled.

IMO, I would argue that the Heat DID play their game. DWade and Lebron are usually good for 46-48 pts combined and Bosh is typically good for 15-18. This is about where they ended up last night.

Heat also outperformed (IMO) in (1) hitting 3s - Heat made lots of 3s in last night's game (Agreed that it is uncharacteristic for Bibby to go nofer BUT Lebron hit 4 last night and Chalmers hit 3! Miller had a couple. Even DWade - who's not a good outside shooter, evened out at 50%) AND (2) bench production. Mavs bench CANNOT produce only 17 points and win. Mavs bench is their strength - and they got outscored 27-17. Actually - Heat also played a great game defensively AND they closed out the 4th Qtr - typically, a point of weakness for them. In contrast, Mavs flat out played poorly.

Dirk played okay in the 4th - hoping that's a good sign that the finger won't bother him too much. If they can take the next game, things look real good for Game 3. I can't imagine Terry, JJ, and Peja stay down for too long.

Good takes. Mike Miller is always good for a few threes a game, as is Chalmers. James and Wade won't be as efficient from three, but they are still good for a few a game. As long as James is guarding Terry, I don't think Terry has a chance. They need to just run Terry around the perimeter and screen LeBron to death. Without the #2 option on offense, the Mavs offense dwindles.

Game 2 should be another good one. I see the Heat going up 2-0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: